Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Re: Sir Daniel's Level 2: Should the beam kill?

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

jamcakes wrote:
I think it would be better, considering the beam is so narrow compared to Kratos' Level 2 it seems fair that the beam should kill, with the added very unreliable homing souls picking up the slack. That said, I don't think it is a necessary change. A good Sir Dan player will use his Level 1 in the same way Drake players often make sure they don't slip into Level 2 too late into the game. If you earn a Level 2, standing directly beneath two players in a stage usually guarantees one kill and the homing souls are in close proximity to perhaps even land a cheeky second. If the stage seems totally awkward for his Level 3, I tend to fire off Level 1s as often as possible.

^ You just said the homing souls were very unreliable. That alone should be a good enough reason to have the beam kill. Even people who first use Dan assume the beam kills anyone caught in it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 19 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Jan 24, 2013

fabsta1994 wrote:

^ You just said the homing souls were very unreliable. That alone should be a good enough reason to have the beam kill. Even people who first use Dan assume the beam kills anyone caught in it.

Yes he did say that, but hes just saying that even if the beam did kill, it wouldn't change anything. Sir daniel would still be underpowerered, the move would still have a hard time collecting kills.

Message 12 of 19 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
417 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Honestly I think it should

Photobucket
Message 13 of 19 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Jan 24, 2013
@fabsta1994 Yes the homing souls are unreliable but as I said they would simply 'pick up the slack' if the vertical beam did the 'main' kills. The souls aren't unreliable if you're standing directly beneath them, because theres very little 'homing' to be done which is exactly where the dodging is too easy.
Message 14 of 19 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
826 posts

Jan 24, 2013

sir dan doesn't need lvl 2 buff, needs a speed boost buff. I used his lvl 2 and gotten 2-3 kills all the time and other people who used it did the same thing. The **bleep** thing is hard to get away from. Its MUCH easier when its 1 v 1 but anymore people and its not.

Message 15 of 19 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Jan 24, 2013
No, he lv2 is extremely easy to dodge since you can literally jump and it will circle around, but would be too slow to actually hit. The beam should hit, and the souls should phase through objects... Sincethey arent physical.... His lv3 also needs a major buff, but thats all.
Message 16 of 19 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Jan 24, 2013

ToMuchMayo wrote:

sir dan doesn't need lvl 2 buff, needs a speed boost buff. I used his lvl 2 and gotten 2-3 kills all the time and other people who used it did the same thing. The **bleep** thing is hard to get away from. Its MUCH easier when its 1 v 1 but anymore people and its not.

No. His speed is fine. His level 2 is pretty much useless unless you hit people in to the orbs.

Message 17 of 19 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
826 posts

Jan 24, 2013
But I'm pretty sure his beam kills people already.
Message 18 of 19 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Jan 24, 2013
It doesn't. Half the time, if you use the super on someone above you, it just blows up all the orbs so that they can't go after anybody else.

Message 19 of 19 (52 Views)
0 Likes