Jan 24 2013
By: Stockton572 Lombax Warrior 76 posts

Sir Daniel's Level 2: Should the beam kill?

18 replies 514 views Edited Jan 24, 2013

I just thought I'd get some feedback on this. Just bringing this up because I learned about it the hard way: trying to get a kill online and suddenly going double you tee eff. The beam of light that comes out of Sir Daniel's chalice doesn't do jack squat. Frankly I feel this is a rip off, considering that the souls that come out are so easily avoidable, and considering the light goes all the way to the top of the screen, I'd figure there'd be some sort of payoff there. Then there's level's like Invasion, where if you activate the move on the lower level, you're pretty much screwed. I feel the beam being able to score kills would help Sir Daniel's already limited ways to score kills and preserve the gameplay plan his Level 1 has in which it's most effective against opponents above him.

So, yeah, there's my two cents. What does everyone else think? The beam that comes out of Sir Daniel's Chalice of Souls should score kills as well as the souls: yea or nay?

Photobucket
Message 1 of 19 (514 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1361 posts

Re: Sir Daniel's Level 2: Should the beam kill?

Jan 24, 2013
Yes.
Message 2 of 19 (507 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Jan 24, 2013
I thought it did. Are you sure it doesn't? It wouldn't really matter either way though.
Message 3 of 19 (503 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
616 posts

Jan 24, 2013
Make the souls pierce EVERYTHING.
Message 4 of 19 (496 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Jan 24, 2013

shadow9531 wrote:
Make the souls pierce EVERYTHING.

Hey.... That actually sounds like a good suggestion, if it went through ground and players, it would actually be worthy of being a lvl 2.

Message 5 of 19 (490 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Jan 24, 2013

YES! It should. It's the only buff I would like!

It's annoying how random it is, when you have someone above you and you use it. Will they destroy all the orbs at once, wasting the rest of the super? Will they hit their own orb only while the others go out to track the other players?

Or will it snag someone else's orb preventing someone from being killed?

With a killing beam, it'd have a smaller insta-kill zone than Kratos' level 2, but with the addition of little glowing bulbs of death--That still will never hit anyone unless you battle axe them in to it. Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 19 (482 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Jan 24, 2013
After testing it, it looks like the beam doesn't kill but sends around 6ish projectiles up into the air after it that do.
Message 7 of 19 (472 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Jan 24, 2013
It can kill but the hitbox is a little weird unless the little energy balls are just there killing the opponent in the beam where you can't see.
Message 8 of 19 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

^ That is exactly what happens.

I always assumed if you got caught in the beam you were DEAD. But apparently that's not the case. The real question is - Why the hell would they make part of a super ineffective? 

All I know is, they must fix this indefinitely. If players are caught in the beam, they are dead. The soul orbs should not hit any of the enemies that touch the beam because the beam alone should be able to kill them on touch. The orbs will finish anyone who was not caught off. That's how it SHOULD work. It also explains why only four or even two orbs would come out of the beam instead of 6. 

To answer your topic: A big fat YES.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 19 (447 Views)
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Jan 24, 2013
I think it would be better, considering the beam is so narrow compared to Kratos' Level 2 it seems fair that the beam should kill, with the added very unreliable homing souls picking up the slack. That said, I don't think it is a necessary change. A good Sir Dan player will use his Level 1 in the same way Drake players often make sure they don't slip into Level 2 too late into the game. If you earn a Level 2, standing directly beneath two players in a stage usually guarantees one kill and the homing souls are in close proximity to perhaps even land a cheeky second. If the stage seems totally awkward for his Level 3, I tend to fire off Level 1s as often as possible.
Message 10 of 19 (440 Views)
0 Likes