Highlighted
Dec 01 2012
By: Snake_Nox Splicer 67 posts

Sir Daniel Fortesque strategy guide (Supers added)

[ Edited ]
20 replies 3107 views Edited Dec 1, 2012

Character overview

Sir Dan has a lot of neat moves that can keep an enemy away as well as good knockdown game. His Axe-a-rang can be used in many situations like zoning and Super/combo set up. Green hand and drumsticks also helps his zoning game.
He can set up his Level 1 super in many ways. Using his axe, air thrust and magic bow to safely land that super. His moves have good range and his magic sword spin can stop most characters from rolling behind him. His shield is very important in his zoning game since he can absorb projectiles as AP, making characters like Radec and Sackboy much less of a threat. He also has some great anti air moves.

Sir Dan have a couple of quirks that hinders his success in battle though. He is very floaty and got a lot of recovery on those sword slashes. Most of his ground moves are a lot slower than his air versions. His sword also has less of a range and speed than most mid range fighters, making mid-close combat with Kratos a pain. His greatest flaw(s) are his supers. His level 2 & 3 are among the worst in the game. Especially his level 3. This inability to kill more than a few enemies at a time puts him in a severe disadvantage in FFA battles, unless you can properly handle his complicated level 1 super.

Strengths

Fantastic zoning game

Many Super/combo set ups

Getting AP from projectiles

Attacks cover large areas

Good support in 2v2 battles

His knockdown game

Axe-a-rang has a ton of utility

Weaknesses

Supers are either terrible or hard to use

Slow recovery on ground attacks

Lack of fast close combat moves on the ground

At disadvantage in FFA battles

Somewhat steep learning curve

Level 1 super might miss shorter characters

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Magic Lightning ---------->  0 - 125 AP

Dan´s first super is, albeit hard to use, good enough to take out enemies reliably. It can be aimed either diagonally up or just straight up. This super is more suited for taking out a singular enemy rather than trying to get triple kills with it. You can set this super up in a lot of ways as well. Hitting with Air Sword Thrust creates enough hit stun for you to get in a super. Your magic bow works in the same way. My recommendation is using the Axe. The axe hits on the way back and when it does you can very easily hit with your super. Dan can also juggle the enemy in the air for some mix ups.

Chalice of Souls ----------> 125 - 350 AP

Dan shoots a beam into the air and a couple of souls starts homing in on players. Some may think it is a good idea to aim the beam at other players but if a player is caught in that beam, it could destroy all other homing souls, resulting in only 1 kill. If one kill is all you´re looking for, then you can very easily combo into it. Don´t expect it to always give you more than 2 kills in FFA though. 

Anubis Stone ----------> 350 - 675 AP 

He uses the Anubis stone and a green force field surrounds him for a short period of time, killing anyone in it after some exposure. The problem with this is that it depends on the other players more than other supers. If all players run in completely different directions it will probably only result in 2-3 kills. If a player happens to get outside of the force field, the time resets and it lasts for such a short time. If you are lucky, and two players decide to run in the same direction, then you could possibly get 4 kills. But that is too rare for such a costly super. The only time you might want to use this is when you need to kill 1 single player twice without much risk. You can also use this in 2v2 matches since you probably will get 3 kills with it if you handle it well. 

---------------------------------------------

Comparison. Kratos super costs

Lv 1 --> 0 - 150 AP

Lv 2 --> 150 - 400 AP

Lv 3 --> 400 - 750

*This is a work in progress*

If you have any comments on Sir Dan, please feel welcome to share your opinion. I will continue to describe each move and how it is best used, some more strategy tips and some all around useful trivia.

Message 1 of 21 (3,107 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Re: Sir Daniel Fortesque strategy guide (in progress)

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

His moves are suited for FFA but his supers are suited for 1vs1 since it's easier for him to actually combo into them on a single opponent aswell as get consistance kills with his level 3 rather than try to keep 3 players all scattering into different directions.

Also his Axe is good for covering himself if he starts getting hit since it will hit or stun the attacker as it's returning to his body.

Message 2 of 21 (3,099 Views)
Splicer
67 posts

Dec 1, 2012

Yes, I was thinking of describing the awesomeness of his Axe in Moves List, but it is so great that it deserves a slot in *Strenghts* I think.

Message 3 of 21 (3,095 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Dec 1, 2012
I tend to use his Level 1 on the lower end of a steep and when my enemy/ies are above me ion a platform.
Soon is almost... too late!
Message 4 of 21 (3,092 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Dec 1, 2012
I have a question: What on earth does his shield do? (standard circle)
And can someone explain the use of the axe-a-rang?
Pinkie Pie is best pony.
Message 5 of 21 (3,066 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Dec 1, 2012
His shield is a great way to receive ap from enemy projectiles.watch out though after 3 absorption of enemy projectiles you need to reactivate it
Message 6 of 21 (3,040 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Dec 1, 2012

^ My question as well, I can't exactly figure it out. You hint at how it deflects objects, but it seems to just pop out and sit for looks... or does that just temporarily make you absorb projectiles? I'm just confused by it, may look it up elsewhere.

Anyways his supers feel the most random to me. His one is just... unaimable, its like it wants to hit someone above and in front of you but doesn't quite have the reach of a big platform and sometimes will kill people directly in front of you and sometimes wont. Likewise his 2 can be amazing if it hits, but sometimes it just doesn't even seem to try... it's like lock on missiles that can turn up as duds, or demolish everything. His 3... well it has a very obvious pro/con side of being able to wipe out the whole screen, but only once where as someone else can kill 4 or 5 in their 3 super.

Message 7 of 21 (3,034 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
326 posts

Dec 1, 2012

Message 8 of 21 (3,009 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Dec 1, 2012
down triangle is great! and it's fast!

Message 9 of 21 (3,004 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
326 posts

Dec 1, 2012
Sir Dan's l evil three needs to b buffed. I was thinking maybe make the green field like a tractor beam. Once they are in they are stuck. Seemsbfair since it still takes couple of seconds to kill someone with it. He has by far the worst non cutscene lvl three in the game
Message 10 of 21 (3,004 Views)
0 Likes