Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 16 2012
By: mx2itb Hekseville Citizen 387 posts

Sir Dan's Level 1 is Actually Pretty Good

21 replies 703 views Edited Dec 16, 2012

His level 1 is really strategic and has a feature no other move really does. It can go backwards if you press back while doing it. It saves you a bit of time wthout having to turn around, and can quickly kill enemies jumping behind you. Also he has like eight moves and combos that can confirm his level one, making it an easy kill. Also if you press up while doing it, it goes directly up and can be very useful when people are directly about you and just out of the reguler reach. I think it's a fantastic level one, just takes a bit of practice.

Oh also Journeyer for All Stars as well as Dart Feld.

Photobucket

Current Mains: Ratchet, Sir Daniel, Raiden

The journey to know today begins - The Legend of Dragoon

Dart Feld for All Stars
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 22 (703 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1035 posts

Re: Sir Dan's Level 1 is Actually Pretty Good

Dec 16, 2012
agreed it is good
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 22 (690 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
387 posts

Dec 16, 2012
Right? Sir Dan is also a great character.
Photobucket

Current Mains: Ratchet, Sir Daniel, Raiden

The journey to know today begins - The Legend of Dragoon

Dart Feld for All Stars
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 22 (682 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2012

mx2itb wrote:

His level 1 is really strategic and has a feature no other move really does. It can go backwards if you press back while doing it. It saves you a bit of time wthout having to turn around, and can quickly kill enemies jumping behind you. Also he has like eight moves and combos that can confirm his level one, making it an easy kill. Also if you press up while doing it, it goes directly up and can be very useful when people are directly about you and just out of the reguler reach. I think it's a fantastic level one, just takes a bit of practice.

Oh also Journeyer for All Stars as well as Dart Feld.

PaRappa can also quick-turn with his L1, but the time frame is shorter.
On a Sir Dan, note... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUQOdtDZJpo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 22 (678 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

Dec 16, 2012

i was once paired up with a sir daniel user in 2 vs 2,  and he literally dominated by swatting the other team into the air and using his level 1.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 22 (644 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Dec 16, 2012

I knew it could shoot straight up but i didn't know it could shoot back too, that's awesome!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 22 (634 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
743 posts

Dec 16, 2012
I think it is a tool. It just isn't easy to use. Now, if you could also aim it down (Such as aiming it at that odd upward angle if pressing forward with the analog stick, straight up if pressing up on the analog stick, or at the old angle but downwards if pressing down on the analog stick), then I'd be satisfied with his level 1. As it is, I just don't see it as being that viable, which is really my only gripe with the character. It said that the thing was aimable, so what about a little more freedom in aiming?
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 22 (632 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Dec 16, 2012

Astroking112 wrote:
I think it is a tool. It just isn't easy to use. Now, if you could also aim it down (Such as aiming it at that odd upward angle if pressing forward with the analog stick, straight up if pressing up on the analog stick, or at the old angle but downwards if pressing down on the analog stick), then I'd be satisfied with his level 1. As it is, I just don't see it as being that viable, which is really my only gripe with the character. It said that the thing was aimable, so what about a little more freedom in aiming?

Remember man, it's only a level one. It's aimed at being more anti air. It's completely viable if you properly set it up or take advantage of it's 3 angles at the right moment.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 22 (621 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
743 posts

Dec 16, 2012
I'd still just prefer being able to angle it down at feet, just to have that choice. I don't care if it is completely useless when aimed down, I'd prefer that someone playing Toro doesn't feel that they're completely safe as long as I don't knock them up from the Lightning. I like the aimability, so I can't really see a problem in adding in another angle, even if it is just a Level 1 super. I mean, with things like Ratchet & Clank and Sly's level 1 supers... I know that the power of levels of supers vary with the characters, but still, in my eyes, Sir Dan's level 1 is the worst in the game, as it is so unconventional to set up. That one extra option would make me think it to be better than Big Daddy's Level 1, though, as it is just so awkwardly aimed upwards.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 22 (613 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Dec 16, 2012
He's my favorite character!
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 22 (607 Views)
0 Likes