Fender Bender
4120 posts

Re: Sir Dan Players, lets have a chat

Dec 2, 2012

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

khknight wrote:

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

You don't always have to combo into his lv 1. People are sometimes so predictable. Be on a lookout when be attempt moves that crash down in a down arc. I get people like that all the time.

His lv 2 is so AWESOME! What you want to do is always make sure there is a player right above you! Anywhere above you, then you use it.

I only ever play 2 vs. 2. I always get 3 kills and if I'm lucky, 4. The issue I have with his lv 3 is if people commit suicide on purpose. Like jumping off the map or jumping into the water to reset the beam. I planned on making a thread about this, if any people attempt to commit suicide after being in Dan's beam circle, they die. Simple as that.

I honestly don't think Sir Dan needs a nerf or a buff. He's a monster in the right hands! Big maps are not his thing, that's his weakness. And if you're complaining about players just rushing out of the circle, try to predict their next step. It's very rare that I get under 3 kills in 2 vs. 2. But to only get 3 kills in FFA? Are you really trying?

On specific maps, against specific characters like raiden, dante, sly, spike, etc who have teleports and air dashes. Its pretty worthless.

and other than comboing into his level 1, i also shoot straight up at people on platforms above me. The looks on their faces when i pull it off must be priceless, cause they dont know enough about dan to know that he can do that.

Like I said, it's very predictable, always try to stay centered when you get to these punks. Don't let them stay by your side. Dante can't get far with his Dash, neither can Raiden if you keep moving. You can't teleport or dodge when in Sir Dan's beam circle.

And what about when they respawn? They're all spread out i can only get maybe one more bore the hing kicks out.

Message 11 of 23 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Well his level 2 is just bad and that's the end of that. I mean a good player can easily dodge those. His level 3 is terrible because people can just run out of it and reset the timer.

His level 1 isn't awful for a level one. It comes out quick and can be used in some interesting ways.

I just think some of his attacks could use a bit of super armor, or at least come out quicker. His over triangle doesn't need that long of a startup.

Message 12 of 23 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Ari_Ownx wrote:
his lvl 3 is not that bad o.o

... But in FFA, your opponents can easily go in opposite directions, you'll get kills, but not as much as you would like.

On a side note, I rely more on his Level 1, and combo into it.

Message 13 of 23 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Dec 3, 2012

Yes, I'll have to agree after playing with Dan for quite some time. His level 3 does need a buff. 

I think all he needs is a buff to kill them quicker and maybe a speed boost to keep up with faster characters.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 23 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Dec 3, 2012

I main Sir Dan and I think his level one is fine. If you HAD to change something id give it a tad more range. The Level 3 is annoying that people can reset the timer by stepping out of it or jumping off the map but level 3's dont need to be the be all end all, skilled players can win with 1s and 2s. The 2 is what I have a problem with vs noobs its great almost always 3 kills but anyone who knows what it does can dodge it wayyy too easliy. Id suggest maybe a faster homing on the missiles or have more missles than just 1 per person. 

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3rh9wt/
Message 15 of 23 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Dec 3, 2012
Yeah I caught 2 unsuspecting players with the UP pointed level one. I was in the loco roco stage, standing on the little pad right on the water, with the players fighting on the flower tops.

I've caught a few players in the air after using a charged down triangle hammer smash. Not sure if they have the ability to airdodge or recover. I only did it the other day and haven't tried it again since.
Message 16 of 23 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Dec 3, 2012
Sir Dan's supers are a lot more reliable than Radec's...
Play For Fun!
Message 17 of 23 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4120 posts

Dec 3, 2012

achus93again wrote:

Not sure if serious

Message 18 of 23 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Dec 3, 2012

khknight wrote:

achus93again wrote:

Not sure if serious

dude i can get more kills with Sir Dan's supers...

Play For Fun!
Message 19 of 23 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4120 posts

Dec 3, 2012

achus93again wrote:

khknight wrote:

achus93again wrote:

Not sure if serious

dude i can get more kills with Sir Dan's supers...

just because you can get more kills with sir dans supers, that doesn't mean they're more reliable than radec's supers

Message 20 of 23 (58 Views)
0 Likes