Dec 02 2012
By: khknight Fender Bender 4120 posts

Sir Dan Players, lets have a chat

[ Edited ]
22 replies 478 views Edited Dec 2, 2012

So after getting bored with good cole, i started maining sir dan.

I immediatly fellin love with his move set, he truely is the troll character of the game.

i'd be canceling supers with his wide swings and spam his ax to **bleep** people off( and boy do they get **bleep**)

my only problem with him though is his supers.

yes his level 1 can be combo'd into, but once someone learns how to dodge it. Its almost worthless.

his level 2 is pretty bad too, its great against noobs but worthless against competent players. This is made worse by specific maps, invasion is probably the worst map for his level 2. 

Overall, his first 2 levels have their flaws but still kickass in the right situation.

but his worst super by far is his level 3, this thing **bleep** worthless.

it almost impossible to get more than 3 kills with it becuse everyone can run in different directions and air dash out of it quickly.

its worthless on any map big or small.

It needs buff, and this is how i would do it.

i would make the beams in the circle completely ground people so they cant jump and slow them down. What i have in mind is similar to evil coles level 3 which has those exact effects.

what do u think? Is that good enough? Is it too much of a buff? Let me know what you guys think. 

Message 1 of 23 (478 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1361 posts

Re: Sir Dan Players, lets have a chat

Dec 2, 2012
his lvl 3 is not that bad o.o
Message 2 of 23 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Dec 2, 2012
His level 1 needs fixing and his level 3 shouldn't reset immediately if they get out of his focus area.

Sir Dan needs a buff.
------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 3 of 23 (451 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Dec 2, 2012
Just buff his level 2 and make his level 3 stun the opponents who are in it
Message 4 of 23 (442 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Dec 2, 2012

You don't always have to combo into his lv 1. People are sometimes so predictable. Be on a lookout when be attempt moves that crash down in a down arc. I get people like that all the time.

His lv 2 is so AWESOME! What you want to do is always make sure there is a player right above you! Anywhere above you, then you use it.

I only ever play 2 vs. 2. I always get 3 kills and if I'm lucky, 4. The issue I have with his lv 3 is if people commit suicide on purpose. Like jumping off the map or jumping into the water to reset the beam. I planned on making a thread about this, if any people attempt to commit suicide after being in Dan's beam circle, they die. Simple as that.

I honestly don't think Sir Dan needs a nerf or a buff. He's a monster in the right hands! Big maps are not his thing, that's his weakness. And if you're complaining about players just rushing out of the circle, try to predict their next step. It's very rare that I get under 3 kills in 2 vs. 2. But to only get 3 kills in FFA? Are you really trying?

Message 5 of 23 (429 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4120 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Tekn0tize wrote:
His level 1 needs fixing and his level 3 shouldn't reset immediately if they get out of his focus area.

Sir Dan needs a buff.

I can combo into a double kill with level 1. To me, that is a redeeming quality that cancels out the flaws of his level 1.

Message 6 of 23 (426 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4120 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2012

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

You don't always have to combo into his lv 1. People are sometimes so predictable. Be on a lookout when be attempt moves that crash down in a down arc. I get people like that all the time.

His lv 2 is so AWESOME! What you want to do is always make sure there is a player right above you! Anywhere above you, then you use it.

I only ever play 2 vs. 2. I always get 3 kills and if I'm lucky, 4. The issue I have with his lv 3 is if people commit suicide on purpose. Like jumping off the map or jumping into the water to reset the beam. I planned on making a thread about this, if any people attempt to commit suicide after being in Dan's beam circle, they die. Simple as that.

I honestly don't think Sir Dan needs a nerf or a buff. He's a monster in the right hands! Big maps are not his thing, that's his weakness. And if you're complaining about players just rushing out of the circle, try to predict their next step. It's very rare that I get under 3 kills in 2 vs. 2. But to only get 3 kills in FFA? Are you really trying?

On specific maps, against specific characters like raiden, dante, sly, spike, etc who have teleports and air dashes. Its pretty worthless.

and other than comboing into his level 1, i also shoot straight up at people on platforms above me. The looks on their faces when i pull it off must be priceless, cause they dont know enough about dan to know that he can do that.

Message 7 of 23 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Dec 2, 2012

I made a Sir Dan strategy guide recentlyandit is quite good i must say. cant send link right now im writing this on my Vita... When you say they learn to avoid lv 1 super during combos you mean squar square up-square and super right? he has 3 other ways to land his super without fail.It still demands some execution skills though. Best way is to let the axe hit him on the way back and walk up to him quickly and bzzzz. Or during his combo shoot a magic arrow to stun him. Visit my stategy guide for more information

Message 8 of 23 (410 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4120 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Snake_Nox wrote:

I made a Sir Dan strategy guide recentlyandit is quite good i must say. cant send link right now im writing this on my Vita... When you say they learn to avoid lv 1 super during combos you mean squar square up-square and super right? he has 3 other ways to land his super without fail.It still demands some execution skills though. Best way is to let the axe hit him on the way back and walk up to him quickly and bzzzz. Or during his combo shoot a magic arrow to stun him. Visit my stategy guide for more information

Yes, i was referring to his square, square, up square combo

and yes, ii know about the electric arrow combo, but that arrow can be air dodged.

but like i said, being able to combo into a double kill with it makes up for it.

so i dont think it needs a buff honestly, the only super i think needs a buff is his level 3.

Message 9 of 23 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Dec 2, 2012

khknight wrote:

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

On specific maps, against specific characters like raiden, dante, sly, spike, etc who have teleports and air dashes. Its pretty worthless.

and other than comboing into his level 1, i also shoot straight up at people on platforms above me. The looks on their faces when i pull it off must be priceless, cause they dont know enough about dan to know that he can do that.

Like I said, it's very predictable, always try to stay centered when you get to these punks. Don't let them stay by your side. Dante can't get far with his Dash, neither can Raiden if you keep moving. You can't teleport or dodge when in Sir Dan's beam circle.

Message 10 of 23 (394 Views)
0 Likes