Sep 21 2012
By: Heisenberg_35_56 Hekseville Citizen 342 posts

Single Player Game Modes, Rivalry & More Revealed for PlayStation All-Stars

16 replies 887 views Edited Sep 21, 2012

http://igogaming.net/2012/09/21/single-player-game-modes-rivalry-more-revealed-for-playstation-all-s...

Looking for more details on PlayStation All-Stars? Well, here they are! A new rivalry was announced, single player game modes and much more!

In an interview with Seth Kilian, a number of details were revealed for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale has been revealed. For starters, a new rival was announced. Unlike the first rivalry, there wasn’t any footage, but in the interview it was stated that Dante’s rival will be Nariko in the upcoming title.

The game’s single player was also detailed. The game’s single player will play out like your standard fighting game’s arcade mode. This in turn means choosing a character, participating in an arcade ladder, fight your rival and then the game’s final boss. Not too shabby, though I was hoping for a full fledged story. The final product will show how much work was put into the cinematics, which I’m sure will be stellar. Seth goes on to state that the single player will incorporate numerous modes ranging from 1v1, 2v2, 3v1, Free For All, etc. The game will also include a ton of combo challenges and character challenges, which is great to hear, adding more to the single player experience.

One of the highlights of the interview would have to be the announced progression system. Hinting at a ton of unlocks aside from costumes and characters, Seth states that players will unlock all different variations of items, including victory music, character poses and even more creative content. Seth also states that there will be plenty of Easter eggs in the title as well. PlayStation All-Stars is continuing to impress, and is looking t be one of Sony’s biggest titles this year. Be on the look out when it hits stores and the PSN on November 20, and check out the podcast here to get a full listen of the interview.

PSN: tha_jammer

ABE and CHIMERA FOR PSASBR
Message 1 of 17 (887 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Re: Single Player Game Modes, Rivalry & More Revealed for PlayStation All-Stars

Sep 21, 2012

So single-player sounds like a mix between a traditional arcade mode and smash bros melee's adventure mode.

Superbot nailed it!... let's just hope there's no online pass to sour the greatness.

Message 2 of 17 (871 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Sep 21, 2012

Well there goes my bosses theory. Well time to go guess the final boss. Also loving that we have unlock everything and there are challenges as well.

Message 3 of 17 (779 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Sep 21, 2012

I find all of this incredibly boring and repetitive. We'll see.

Message 4 of 17 (767 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Sep 21, 2012
in the beta, you level up per character (instead of just a total level up)
so i think you'll have to unlock stuff for each character (costumes etc) by plasying as all the characters.
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 5 of 17 (757 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Sep 21, 2012

stargateheaven wrote:
in the beta, you level up per character (instead of just a total level up)
so i think you'll have to unlock stuff for each character (costumes etc) by plasying as all the characters.

What do you mean level up? They become stronger? Or you simply get points by playing with a character? That sounds cool actually.

Message 6 of 17 (750 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Sep 21, 2012
not get stronger just a number changes. not sure it means anything except for that.
but im guessing it'll be to do with unlocking stuff. it's basically an online rank for each character in the beta.
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 7 of 17 (744 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Sep 21, 2012
An article covering what we already knew from previous threads on this forum.
Message 8 of 17 (705 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Sep 21, 2012
Well, the story mode was a little disappointed. But that the game has much unlockables makes my day happy, because this makes PSAS very replayable
Message 9 of 17 (684 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
853 posts

Sep 21, 2012
I'm disappointed with the lack of an actual story with levels, but I guess the cutscenes save the Campaign from being completely unused by me. I think of an Arcade Mode with no storyline as playing Mario Party by yourself.
Message 10 of 17 (679 Views)
0 Likes