Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Re: Since Square-Enix is greedy to give "Cloud" away, cant we just get Sora in?

Dec 3, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:

+ Seth Killian on November 16th, 2012 at 1:11 pm said:
...but all of our discussions about these things are covered by non-disclosure agreements, so we can’t talk about even whether we’re talking about characters.

That's such **bleep**. Games are becoming more and more corporate, and with it they bring more and more legal, institutionalized greed.

I mean, the legal language covers it up, obfuscates it, but it's essentially some SquareEnix suit saying "don't say a word about this conversation because it'll risk our company's reputation and therefore profit." Grrr, enough money talk. More art, more creativity and more fun. Art is hollow if it's completely assimilated into and commodified by some capitalist production machine, the same applies to games.

Message 41 of 59 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
398 posts

Dec 3, 2012

I can't believe Seth even let slip there are talks with Square-Enix to begin with after how tight-lipped Superbot is being on DLC. So if thats true we can prob guess which characters were discussed Sora chief NOT among them. 

Message 42 of 59 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
86 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2012

i have no idea of a link but is saw this a while ago,

Disney doesnt like to have their name on things considered too violent. Remember how in the colosseum in Kingdom Hearts, cloud had his sword wrapped up? And how the keyblade doesnt really have sharp edges? Thats because disney requested clouds sword covered  up because they think it sort of goes against disney policy, having a character beaten up with a real sword. As much as I hope Sora does make it in, I honestly doubt he will. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer

Edit: Yeah, i know there are swords in the pirates world, there are in the mulan world as well, but think about clouds MASSIVE sword(No, not his ****) disney didnt want that thing penetrating their game(sexual pun intended)

Photobucket
Winning. Pure. Winning.
Message 43 of 59 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Dec 3, 2012

phantomblake wrote:

Disney doesnt like to have their name on things considered too violent. Remember how in the colosseum in Kingdom Hearts, cloud had his sword wrapped up? And how the keyblade doesnt really have sharp edges? Thats because disney requested clouds sword covered  up because they think it sort of goes against disney policy, having a character beaten up with a real sword. As much as I hope Sora does make it in, I honestly doubt he will. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer

Edit: Yeah, i know there are swords in the pirates world, there are in the mulan world as well, but think about clouds MASSIVE sword(No, not his ****) disney didnt want that thing penetrating their game(sexual pun intended)

that so interesting.  i wonder why they still let sephiroth's GYNORMOUS sword in then.  disney confuses me haha

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 44 of 59 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2434 posts

Dec 3, 2012

phantomblake wrote:

I doubt Disney considers Sora as an "official" Disney character.

And that last part made no sense.

Message 45 of 59 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Dec 3, 2012

What confuses me is Disney censoring thier own movies(The Pirates of Caribbean World)

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 46 of 59 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Dec 3, 2012
It's probably to keep the E10+ rating. Since Pirates is PG13 they would have to change a few things to keep the game from being rated T.
Message 47 of 59 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4120 posts

Dec 3, 2012

phantomblake wrote:

thats the excuse? cause its massive? That just makes less realistic.

just find a link dude, otherwise you're just pulling rumors out of your butt.

Message 48 of 59 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2434 posts

Dec 3, 2012

n0rmal94 wrote:

What confuses me is Disney censoring thier own movies(The Pirates of Caribbean World)

Probably because the game also has worlds from famous kid-friendly movies like Hercules and The Little Mermaid, which would attract young people and so they needed to censor some stuff.

Message 49 of 59 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Dec 3, 2012
Wait what was the rating for kingdom hearts? Maybe if sora is in Donald and goofy can jUst be arcade scenes
Message 50 of 59 (76 Views)
0 Likes