Survivor
2571 posts

Re: Sigh

Sep 20, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

TONESTER_925 wrote:

Because a lot of gamers feel that they are ENTITLED to get what they want out of a game. Then when it doesn't happen the way they want it, they rage all over the internet on how they don't like what's going on and why you shouldn't either lol 

Then they have convinced others to not like the characters and then it's a snowball effect.

I remember when they where going to give Cole hair in Infamous 2:

infamous.jpginfamous-2.jpg

And everyone RAGED OUT on the developers for trying to look like Nathan Drake. They eventually took heed and gave into the "fans". Which I'm kind of glad happened. 

Actually what people don't know is Nathan Drake is based off of Sev from Killzone, so if anything it would have been a better argument if they said Sev isntead of Drake.  Anyway, that should be one of his costumes because I think he looks cooler with hair.

Really that's cool considering how Uncharted came out in 2007 when Killzone 2 came out 2009.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 41 of 43 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Sep 20, 2012

Okay you brought Spyro into this and now it's personal.

Ya see, while I'm sure Skylanders is a fun game, it's still a complete corporate bastardization of the whole Spyro franchise. Insomniac's first 3 games were just so magical and you could feel the love and care that went into them. I have such nostalgia for those games and they really defined part of my childhood. Plus they're still awesome to play.

The thing about Skylanders is that it's marred by having such a corporate agenda behind it. I'm thinking the ridiculous merchandising campaigns. Activision have had the Spyro franchise twisted into this completely unoriginal game that fundamentally is made to shift units. Whatever about it being a fun game, it's what it symbolizes and the violence it does to the original games that's the issue foe me.

There's no special something about all the post-Insomniac games, they all lack that je ne sais quoi. They're just derivative cash-ins.

Message 42 of 43 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Sep 20, 2012

The16thNinja wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

TONESTER_925 wrote:

Because a lot of gamers feel that they are ENTITLED to get what they want out of a game. Then when it doesn't happen the way they want it, they rage all over the internet on how they don't like what's going on and why you shouldn't either lol 

Then they have convinced others to not like the characters and then it's a snowball effect.

I remember when they where going to give Cole hair in Infamous 2:

infamous.jpginfamous-2.jpg

And everyone RAGED OUT on the developers for trying to look like Nathan Drake. They eventually took heed and gave into the "fans". Which I'm kind of glad happened. 

Actually what people don't know is Nathan Drake is based off of Sev from Killzone, so if anything it would have been a better argument if they said Sev isntead of Drake.  Anyway, that should be one of his costumes because I think he looks cooler with hair.

Really that's cool considering how Uncharted came out in 2007 when Killzone 2 came out 2009.

Plus they look nowhere near similar. XD

Message 43 of 43 (97 Views)
0 Likes