Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Re: Sigh

[ Edited ]
Sep 20, 2012

Lol Cole looked too much like Nathan Drake so they redesigned him to look just like Nathan Hale Smiley Tongue

And I don't mind reboots and redesigns at all but for me Spyro is the exception. 1st of all the new look is worse than the old. Thats almost not even opinion. That doesn't bother me a great deal though. What I don't like is how Spyro was forced into a new franchise so it would sell more. If it had failed than people would have seen it as yet another Spyro flop and it may have been the final nail in the series' coffin but if it had done well than sequels would follow and we'd likely never get another spyro game with the classic gameplay again. Either way it would have been the end of the series as we know it and it's not ok for developers to end a much loved series so that their new one would make more money. The game being good or not is irrelevent. It would have still been good without forcing Spyro in and ending his much loved franchise.

New Dante isn't a problem for me. Defo and improvment on the old one. People can't complain about his personality until playing the game from start to finish and his designs a hall of an improvment over the unorigional emo bieber.

Message 11 of 43 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 20, 2012

theESC wrote:
Im pretty sure Ninja Theory is the one that wanted the new Look.. in Fact original Dante was a chain smoking skinny crack head.. that had to change him a little bit to make him MORE like the original.. We will have to see how it turns out when it comes out next Year.. The original Dante was a demon killing Badass who makes funny quips to his fallen foes.. with hot chicks as allies and calm lax feel..

Cynder is the Main villain in Spyro and later love interest.. Wheres Agent 9, Hunter, Bentley, etc.. Not even Moneybags makes it in.. although we have his weird look alike..

^ hahaha do research. ninja theory WANTED him like the old dante, capcom said no and to make him look different, they kept pushing newer and newer designs. capcom is also writing the story, well the devil may cry people are writing the story.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 12 of 43 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Sep 20, 2012

When I first seen Crash with the Tattoos I screamed **bleep** is this??  

Photobucket
Message 13 of 43 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 20, 2012

Liam_C1991 wrote:

Lol Cole looked too much like Nathan Drake so the redesigned him to look just like Nathan Hale Smiley Tongue

And I don't mind reboots and redesigns at all but for me Spyro is the exception. 1st of all the new look is worse than the old. Thats almost not even opinion. That doesn't bother me a great deal though. What I don't like is how Spyro was forced into a new franchise so it would sell more. If it had failed than people would have seen it as yet another Spyro flop and it may have been the final nail in the series' coffin but if it had done well than sequels would follow and we'd likely never get another spyro game with the classic gameplay again. Either way it would have been the end of the series as we know it and it's not ok for developers to end a much loved series so that their new one would make more money. The game being good or not is irrelevent. It would have still been good without forcing Spyro in and ending his much loved franchise.

an opinion that makes senseSmiley Happy and yeah, but they needed the game to sell, thats why they slapped spyros name on itSmiley Tongue but its still a pretty good game, it shouldnt be judged just because they threw spyro on there. They needed it to sell and thought the price would push people away, throwing spyro on there helped it sell, sure the new design isnt great, but its not terrible, just think of it as a spyro from another world or soemthing. who knowsSmiley Tongue

Message 14 of 43 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 20, 2012

TONESTER_925 wrote:

at the time every cool kid loved tattoosSmiley Tongue they wanted crash to be cool

Message 15 of 43 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
633 posts

Sep 20, 2012
How is new Dante a crybaby? And sorry, but the way you exolain skylanders kinda makes me wanna play it. I personally like how spyro looks. Ill always like spyro, but even back in the day when I got the first spyro game, he didn't look like a dragon. He looked like a purple horse. Now he looks like a dragon. How can you complain about that? He's spyro the DRAGON. Companies have to do something to nake new people wanna play the game. Somday you will get older and forget all about spyro, but kids playing skylanders now will be just like your acting NOW ten maybe even 15 years from now. So what are developers supposed to do? Make him look like a pixellated purple horse still judt to please old school fans? Maybe for a dlc skin, but new kids playing that game would definitely not find a horse looking "dragon" appealing. Just my opinion
Photobucket
Message 16 of 43 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 20, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

Liam_C1991 wrote:

Lol Cole looked too much like Nathan Drake so the redesigned him to look just like Nathan Hale Smiley Tongue

an opinion that makes senseSmiley Happy and yeah, but they needed the game to sell, thats why they slapped spyros name on itSmiley Tongue but its still a pretty good game, it shouldnt be judged just because they threw spyro on there. They needed it to sell and thought the price would push people away, throwing spyro on there helped it sell, sure the new design isnt great, but its not terrible, just think of it as a spyro from another world or soemthing. who knowsSmiley Tongue

I don't mind the redesign or the game or the reasons behind Spyro being in. I just think it sucks that one hugely popular series has to step aside and die so a new one can make more money. Not like I'll lose any sleep over it though. If i wanna spyro game like the old ones I can just go play one of the old ones Smiley Tongue

Message 17 of 43 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 20, 2012

ZodianKnight wrote:
How is new Dante a crybaby? And sorry, but the way you exolain skylanders kinda makes me wanna play it. I personally like how spyro looks. Ill always like spyro, but even back in the day when I got the first spyro game, he didn't look like a dragon. He looked like a purple horse. Now he looks like a dragon. How can you complain about that? He's spyro the DRAGON. Companies have to do something to nake new people wanna play the game. Somday you will get older and forget all about spyro, but kids playing skylanders now will be just like your acting NOW ten maybe even 15 years from now. So what are developers supposed to do? Make him look like a pixellated purple horse still judt to please old school fans? Maybe for a dlc skin, but new kids playing that game would definitely not find a horse looking "dragon" appealing. Just my opinion

exactlySmiley Happy and yeah skylanders is really fun actually, i had a blast with it, sucks you have to eventually get one of each type just to find everything in the game but still skylanders is a pretty fun game, its not exactly for kids like people think either. its for everybody Smiley Happy. Its like oldschool spyro controls and all too, so thats great about it

Message 18 of 43 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Sep 20, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

TONESTER_925 wrote:

at the time every cool kid loved tattoosSmiley Tongue they wanted crash to be cool

lol I was a kid too but when I seen that I got a little angry. Then I started playing the game and you couldn't even do his spin move. I died a little inside lol

Photobucket
Message 19 of 43 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 20, 2012

Liam_C1991 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

Liam_C1991 wrote:

I don't mind the redesign or the game or the reasons behind Spyro being in. I just think it suck that one hugely popular series has to step aside and die so a new one can make more money. Not like I'll lose any sleep over it though. If i wanna spyro game like the old ones I can just go play one of the old ones Smiley Tongue

exactly ^^ Smiley Happy the old ones will always exist, companies change designs and games to make money, to switch it up, would you rather spyro become like COD? Every year the same game with different maps??

Message 20 of 43 (72 Views)
0 Likes