Highlighted
Sep 20 2012
By: zeothedeathgod Treasure Hunter 6850 posts

Sigh

42 replies 523 views Edited Sep 20, 2012

I don't understand whats wrong with people. I don't understand why they can't accept change, i know you like the way the characters used to look, but they are still the same characters, changes happen everyday in life, you dont look the same as when you were 10, characters change just like everybody else. They go through designs, its fine, they are still the same characters, still fun, still amazing.

All i see is "new dante sucks" "skylanders spyro sucks" "new lara croft sucks" etc etc. Have you guys tried the games? Skylanders was actually really fun and a great game, i dont mind if we get skylanders spyro, yes i would love the original but skylanders is still the same. Spyro is the same character besides his looks, which isnt that big of a deal, just be happy if we get him in. Same with dante, everybody complains about him when theres no reason to, its a prequel too...for all you know he could become the dante everyone loves through this game/maybe even the next game, dont boycott the game just because of how he looks, why would you even want a company to fail like that? Sorry, next time i dont like what you are doing, ill hang around your work and boycott anything from it, also telling everybody that comes near it not to buy your products. And new lara croft? REALLY? what is wrong with her? there is nothing wrong with her, people just love to complain.

Personally i welcome new dante, skylanders spyro and new lara croft into all-stars if their developers want them in. Im fine with them, they are the same characters just a different look, they are still all-stars, that doesnt change just because they look different. You guys shouldnt hate something just because of how it looks, anyways hope to see new updates saturday for sureSmiley Happy, can't wait for more news on this game.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 1 of 43 (523 Views)
Splicer
65 posts

Re: Sigh

Sep 20, 2012

Well Spoken, and I agree. Character redesigns are plentiful in today's industry, but that's really to be expected. Seeing the same over and over again without any changes can get stale. I mean, Lara Croft seems like a good example. She doesn't grow as a person, she just kills animals, dinosaurs, and people while trying to get treasures she feels that she's entitled to, because you know, she totally doesn't have wealth, a mansion, and crap like that. But the new Lara is a breath of fresh air.

Message 2 of 43 (500 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 20, 2012

StormWolf567 wrote:

Well Spoken, and I agree. Character redesigns are plentiful in today's industry, but that's really to be expected. Seeing the same over and over again without any changes can get stale. I mean, Lara Croft seems like a good example. She doesn't grow as a person, she just kills animals, dinosaurs, and people while trying to get treasures she feels that she's entitled to, because you know, she totally doesn't have wealth, a mansion, and crap like that. But the new Lara is a breath of fresh air.

exactly, and again isnt it a prequel? just like DMC? Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 43 (491 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Sep 20, 2012

Because a lot of gamers feel that they are ENTITLED to get what they want out of a game. Then when it doesn't happen the way they want it, they rage all over the internet on how they don't like what's going on and why you shouldn't either lol 

Then they have convinced others to not like the characters and then it's a snowball effect.

I remember when they where going to give Cole hair in Infamous 2:

infamous.jpginfamous-2.jpg

And everyone RAGED OUT on the developers for trying to look like Nathan Drake. They eventually took heed and gave into the "fans". Which I'm kind of glad happened. 

Photobucket
Message 4 of 43 (490 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Sep 20, 2012

TONESTER_925 wrote:

Because a lot of gamers feel that they are ENTITLED to get what they want out of a game. Then when it doesn't happen the way they want it, they rage all over the internet on how they don't like what's going on and why you shouldn't either lol 

Then they have convinced others to not like the characters and then it's a snowball effect.

I remember when they where going to give Cole hair in Infamous 2:

infamous.jpginfamous-2.jpg

And everyone RAGED OUT on the developers for trying to look like Nathan Drake. They eventually took heed and gave into the "fans". Which I'm kind of glad happened. 

He looks pretty good with the hair, but according to science- who am I kidding, these are video games!

Message 5 of 43 (477 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 20, 2012

eh that depends, there was kind of a time skip, he could look differently, but yeah glad they made him look somewhat similar.

Message 6 of 43 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
518 posts

Sep 20, 2012
Its that old Saying.. If it An't Broke Don't Fix it!!
Mario has been a testimate to that statement in that he as not undergone some weird new look.. The main reason is that the same developer made most of the Mario games and all the Main mario games.. When an IP goes into someone elses hands who did not make the original, it turns out Ugly quite frankly, not that anyone hates change.. we hate the wrong kind of change... unneeded change!

Its a big deal because that is what your starting at!! Skylanders Spyro is jsut wrong.. he looses all his cast of characters and Series and even worlds.. No Sparx health system and no 3D platforming.. Plus every other character is new! and not related to Spyro at all..
Spyro is all bout Collecting Dragon Eggs and exploring the vast levels and worlds.. Skylanders (On Consoles) you can't EVEN JUMP!!! What kind of Spyro game would make it impossible to jump.. its like a Gauntlet clone. WAY too easy and mindless!! In Comparison the Original Trilogy is lightyears ahead of Skylanders!! its not Spyro!

New Dante is wrong.. little baby Dante who just wants to be a jerk and annoying.. the Original Dante was funny, and would always seem like hes in charge and knows what hes doing.. New Dante is a cry baby.. Ninja theory has let me down with Enslaved and its not looking too bright for DMC. the overall gameplay looks fun and combat looks decent enough..

Overall these are main Icons to people when you change something so dramatically it hardly resembles the original design and look that made it what it is.. I got a problem with that..

Good Example with Infamous 2 Cole.. the New look they attempted looks nothing like Cole.. His final look was great and feels right. It still would have been a good game, but it was an unnecessary change. Putting the Older Cole look with the same costume was brilliant.. You need to stay true to the character.. thats was Dante and Spyro failed to do what Cole was able to do...
Message 7 of 43 (450 Views)
Splicer
65 posts

Sep 20, 2012

Also, as much as I might be flamed for this, Kratos is another example. His character design has slightly changed: He got a golden gauntlet. That's it. (unless you count all the blood splashing on him from his enemies in GOW3) And his story had promise... in the first game. The first game, he was trying to redeem himself from his past sins, and succeeds. Second game, he's an arse now who is brought down to size and gets mad about it. So, he tries to kill Zeus, as well as everything else. HE almost succeeds. Third game, ...still trying to kill zeus, but now kills every god, and humanity, in the process. and he's still an arse.

Or if you don't feel like reading, here's this: 

Message 8 of 43 (449 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 20, 2012

theESC wrote:
Its that old Saying.. If it An't Broke Don't Fix it!!
Mario has been a testimate to that statement in that he as not undergone some weird new look.. The main reason is that the same developer made most of the Mario games and all the Main mario games.. When an IP goes into someone elses hands who did not make the original, it turns out Ugly quite frankly, not that anyone hates change.. we hate the wrong kind of change... unneeded change!

Its a big deal because that is what your starting at!! Skylanders Spyro is jsut wrong.. he looses all his cast of characters and Series and even worlds.. No Sparx health system and no 3D platforming.. Plus every other character is new! and not related to Spyro at all..
Spyro is all bout Collecting Dragon Eggs and exploring the vast levels and worlds.. Skylanders (On Consoles) you can't EVEN JUMP!!! What kind of Spyro game would make it impossible to jump.. its like a Gauntlet clone. WAY too easy and mindless!! In Comparison the Original Trilogy is lightyears ahead of Skylanders!! its not Spyro!

New Dante is wrong.. little baby Dante who just wants to be a jerk and annoying.. the Original Dante was funny, and would always seem like hes in charge and knows what hes doing.. New Dante is a cry baby.. Ninja theory has let me down with Enslaved and its not looking too bright for DMC. the overall gameplay looks fun and combat looks decent enough..

Overall these are main Icons to people when you change something so dramatically it hardly resembles the original design and look that made it what it is.. I got a problem with that..

Good Example with Infamous 2 Cole.. the New look they attempted looks nothing like Cole.. His final look was great and feels right. It still would have been a good game, but it was an unnecessary change. Putting the Older Cole look with the same costume was brilliant.. You need to stay true to the character.. thats was Dante and Spyro failed to do what Cole was able to do...

firstSmiley Happy skylanders at least has cynder. which was a spyro characterSmiley Happy. new dante is not a cry baby? if you mean this "emo talk" look at old dante. he was the definition of emo at the time. Plus capcom is the one that wanted him to look like this, so its obviously for a reason.

Message 9 of 43 (438 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
518 posts

Sep 20, 2012
Im pretty sure Ninja Theory is the one that wanted the new Look.. in Fact original Dante was a chain smoking skinny crack head.. that had to change him a little bit to make him MORE like the original.. We will have to see how it turns out when it comes out next Year.. The original Dante was a demon killing Badass who makes funny quips to his fallen foes.. with hot chicks as allies and calm lax feel..

Cynder is the Main villain in Spyro and later love interest.. Wheres Agent 9, Hunter, Bentley, etc.. Not even Moneybags makes it in.. although we have his weird look alike..
Message 10 of 43 (412 Views)
0 Likes