Highlighted
Oct 09 2012
By: khknight Fender Bender 4120 posts
Accepted Solution

Should superbot tell us exactly who they tried to get but failed to?

6 replies 393 views Edited Oct 9, 2012

Since they've now straight up confirmed 20 characters, the least they can do is tell us who they failed to get. Like did they atleast try to get cloud, wanderer and kat? And if so, then what happened?

Message 1 of 7 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1609 posts

Re: Should superbot tell us exactly who they tried to get but failed to?

Oct 9, 2012
I don't think so considering it might ruin their relationship with the company when you flat out say that that company's character couldn't get into your game, people very well assume the company is behind that decision
Message 2 of 7 (373 Views)
Wastelander
756 posts

Oct 9, 2012

Meh it depends how they do it. If they just list all the characters and just say these are the characters we wanted then I can't see it as a bad thing. The only companies I could see taking a toll would be Activision, or Square-Enix. Everyone else would probably be understandable, but I could see ppl jumping the gun and attacking Activision. Although it would be interesting to see what characters they were interested in.

It's not like SB is just going to say "Hey Activision, and SQE didn't want to cooperate, so blame them." Instead they could say something like "Some characters we thought about were (lists characters) but ultimately we couldn't obtain them for certain reasons." I could see that being a good way to do it. Like I said though I can see ppl jumping the gun and attacking companies regardless.

Message 3 of 7 (335 Views)
Fender Bender
4120 posts

Oct 9, 2012

yooobooyj wrote:

Meh it depends how they do it. If they just list all the characters and just say these are the characters we wanted then I can't see it as a bad thing. The only companies I could see taking a toll would be Activision, or Square-Enix. Everyone else would probably be understandable, but I could see ppl jumping the gun and attacking Activision. Although it would be interesting to see what characters they were interested in.

It's not like SB is just going to say "Hey Activision, and SQE didn't want to cooperate, so blame them." Instead they could say something like "Some characters we thought about were (lists characters) but ultimately we couldn't obtain them for certain reasons." I could see that being a good way to do it. Like I said though I can see ppl jumping the gun and attacking companies regardless.

Seeing how everyone is attacking activision now, u might be right. But still, if superbot value their fans then they should be honest. No more lies or stay tuned or no comment, just the truth

Message 4 of 7 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2383 posts

Oct 9, 2012
they should i want to see if they tried getting rpg reps in the game
Monkey D. Luffy (one piece) "I'm the man who's going to be the Pirate King!"
Guts (berserk) " I've never expected a miracle. I will get things done myself. "
Message 5 of 7 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Oct 9, 2012
Even if they said these are the characters we tried to get but could not, for whatever reason. Well that implies they went to the developer and the developer said no. We know who owns the characters so we would do this whole "call disney, square, activision, team ico, insomniac and tell them we want the characters in the game". Yes it sucks we dont' have these characters but by Superbot not saying who they are they have a chance on being added in now or in a possible sequel. Don't burn a bridge when you might have to cross it later.
Message 6 of 7 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Oct 9, 2012

OrderlyChaos87 wrote:
Even if they said these are the characters we tried to get but could not, for whatever reason. Well that implies they went to the developer and the developer said no. We know who owns the characters so we would do this whole "call disney, square, activision, team ico, insomniac and tell them we want the characters in the game". Yes it sucks we dont' have these characters but by Superbot not saying who they are they have a chance on being added in now or in a possible sequel. Don't burn a bridge when you might have to cross it later.

IM totally with you on thiis.  Making a list of characters that failed to get on the launch list ( I say that cause it could be possible for a company to say no at first then yes after release) is almsot the same as making a hit list where fanboys are gonna be constently attacking these companies with treats and hate messages that most do not deserve.

Message 7 of 7 (163 Views)
0 Likes