Nov 06 2012
By: Xis66 Wastelander 673 posts

Should cinematic L3's be failable?

[ Edited ]
19 replies 438 views Edited Nov 6, 2012

Would it be a good idea to make even the cinematic one's failable? Like Parappah's after activated will be done like an actual parappah game and or almost quiktime like and depending on how good your "raps" are (cool, good, etc.) you determine how many you kill. Hiatchi's can be done by button mashing then again the balance would be off if this happend. But what if it was be up to the exectioner to determine to get their kills no matter what. Just a thought.

==========================================================
Join ___Night FFAs (haven't decided on a day yet). HIgh Level FFA and 2V2 with Team AXcel. PLAY..LOSE..RAGE..PLAY..LAUGH..RESPECT, GGs. photo 54cce362-3381-425f-bf19-f430528cde96_zps7d13f457.jpg
Message 1 of 20 (438 Views)
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Re: Should ALL L3's be "dodgable" of "failable"?

Nov 6, 2012
The thing about those cinematic supers is that, in exchange for being unblockable or undodgeable, you ONLY get 3 kills. Whereas with a super like the Sweet Bot, you can rack up to 8 kills if you're good, but the super is dodgeable. It's not exactly ideal, but limiting the amount of kills you can get when the maximum is just 3 (in comparison to other supers) would ruin the balance.
It's time for a DEATH BATTLE!
Message 2 of 20 (419 Views)
Splicer
46 posts

Re: Should ALL L3's be "dodgable" of "failable"?

Nov 6, 2012

No.

Sincerely, PancakePuppet

Message 3 of 20 (417 Views)
Wastelander
673 posts

Yea I understand that part I'm all too familiar with that...

Nov 7, 2012

Yea I understand that part I'm all too familiar with that whole concept but was just think I would like to still be playin while the cinematic is going on (if I was the one doin it) like I said if Parappah was playin a bit of a mini game similar to his native game to score those kill it can be easy as all hell to do but it could be a good involvement. But I entirely  understand what your saying though

==========================================================
Join ___Night FFAs (haven't decided on a day yet). HIgh Level FFA and 2V2 with Team AXcel. PLAY..LOSE..RAGE..PLAY..LAUGH..RESPECT, GGs. photo 54cce362-3381-425f-bf19-f430528cde96_zps7d13f457.jpg
Message 4 of 20 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Re: Yea I understand that part I'm all too familiar with that...

Nov 7, 2012
People have been crying a lot over cinematic kills. They're not OP.
Message 5 of 20 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Nov 7, 2012
Perhaps, but I don't think anything resembling a quick-time event would be well-recieved in a game like this. Not to say that those don't have their place in gaming, but I don't think a Smash Bros.-Style fighting game is the place.
It's time for a DEATH BATTLE!
Message 6 of 20 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Nov 7, 2012

DevDooms wrote:
Perhaps, but I don't think anything resembling a quick-time event would be well-recieved in a game like this. Not to say that those don't have their place in gaming, but I don't think a Smash Bros.-Style fighting game is the place.

Ah, okay.

Sincerely, PancakePuppet

Message 7 of 20 (374 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Re: Should cinematic L3's be failable?

Nov 7, 2012

Xis66 wrote:

Would it be a good idea to make even the cinematic one's failable? Like Parappah's after activated will be done like an actual parappah game and or almost quiktime like and depending on how good your "raps" are (cool, good, etc.) you determine how many you kill. Hiatchi's can be done by button mashing then again the balance would be off if this happend. But what if it was be up to the exectioner to determine to get their kills no matter what. Just a thought.

Stupid idea.

however, i do wonder if when someone is laying on the ground and they are shielded (glowing white), do they still get hit by the cinematic supers?

Message 8 of 20 (359 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Nov 7, 2012

i REALLY like that idea, but as others have stated, those cutscene attacks are already pretty limiting.  if anything my personal opinion is that those supers need a bonus instead of a gimp.

one idea just to bounce off your premise. maybe the kills are garenteed still, and doing w/e grants ap or in this case lessens the loss of ap. not some grame breaking amount and not enough to punish someone who cant but just enough to make someone want to do it. im thinking something like half way to level 1 when the super ends if you executed it perfectly. and obviously other things would need to be balanced but as a starter concept yea i like it.

Message 9 of 20 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Re: Should cinematic L3's be failable?

Nov 7, 2012

No because it would ruin the balance and I've noticed the characters that have cinematic Level 3 have some amazing level 1s and 2s.

Playstation sig
Message 10 of 20 (336 Views)
0 Likes