Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Re: Should Sly lose AP for excessive hiding?

Dec 7, 2012
its not really an issue untill a super is activated and you are all frantic to get kills and he hides ritenext to you almost everytime
#ProtectorProgramme
Message 21 of 29 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
647 posts

Dec 7, 2012
His disadvantage is that he can't dodge roll thread closed

http://playstationallstarsbattleroyale.weebly.com/

The Official Best Place To Get All Info On PASBR!
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 7, 2012
Block button > Invisibility

It's not hard to keep track of him and for 1vs1 play you'll always know where he is because the camera pans out depending how far away he is so no he doesn't need anything like that since he has invisibility to try and make up for the fact he can't block or dodge.
Message 23 of 29 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Dec 7, 2012
I don't think he should be able to use his level 1 from being cloaked. Also he should have a period where he reappears, just a small animation that way it's not just "Oh release the button and throw a level 1 instantly"
Message 24 of 29 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
41 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 7, 2012

I would call Slys cloak OP but the ability to go into an uncancellable level 1 from it is.

In a 1v1 I can keep track of him with effort but in a ffa I dont have time to be watching him...

I would say he should lose AP but he should probably have a super delay from stealth where he becomes visible then uses it. Htats enough time for me to dodge it like anyone elses. Otherwise its just a 1-3 kill 0 move setup.

Characters should be able to super from block so sly should super from cloak.

Message 25 of 29 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Dec 7, 2012
Slys invisibility is fine (I play as him tho) he can only use neutral square while invisible (which on steals the 40 AP if he attacks from behind, which is kinda tricky to do.)

His level one can be interrupted, it just is such a small window that it almost never happens. ( sometimes I just pop the level one without thinking and I've gotten knocked out of using a level 1)
Message 26 of 29 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Dec 7, 2012
No that's retarded. He can't dodge or air dodge so hiding is his only defense against supers. Quit being a baby he's easy as hell to see while invisible
Message 27 of 29 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
76 posts

Dec 7, 2012

I think the best way to balance out the invisibility is to make it so he gradually becomes more visible over time. There can be a window where he can stay fully cloaked for, say, eight or nine seconds, but after that window's over, he starts fading into view to the point where holding L1 won't even make his P1 indicator go away. And a way to balance out the window is that for however long he's invisible, he has to wait 1.5x as long for his invisibility to "fully charge," in lack of a better term. IE, if he's invisible for six seconds, he has to wait nine to be invisible for that long again.

Sly's got a powerful tool, and I think this suggestion keeps it from becoming a crutch.

Photobucket
Message 28 of 29 (75 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1805 posts

Dec 7, 2012

Guys sly has an indirect block he can counter and his little bomb barrel can be used to block on top of his invisibility.

Message 29 of 29 (68 Views)
0 Likes