Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
572 posts

Re: Should Sly lose AP for excessive hiding?

Dec 6, 2012

NO! Sly not being able to block is good enough.

dante photo dante2.png
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 29 (162 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Dec 6, 2012

Scthye wrote:

LX_Theo wrote:

Scthye wrote:

Something should be done because its annoying that he could be invisible and immediately use their super, he could attack and still be invisible, and being able to avoid every super because your invisible. Unlike everyone else who has to run and dodge.

... Except he cannot be invisible while attacking, and in order to get any super, he needs to be offensive.

He can I've seen it with every sly player I faced. I even get better examples as a radec player because sly goes invisible to get to meand when he attacks me he's invisible. It only breaks when he grabs me, is hit, or does a super.

Other than the fact that there are clear indicators of where he is on screen, invisibility is broken when he starts his attack animation.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 29 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Dec 6, 2012

Tamers12345 wrote:

NO! Sly not being able to block is good enough.

Majority of the players have trouble with characters like Kratos because they DON'T block. Sly is the only character where R1 is noted for it's use.

Having an EXTREMELY good level 1 super (that you can activate out of invisibility), set up tons of traps like electric stun and control reversal (also via invisibility), and a counter?

Also smart Slys will stay still during majority of the Level 2 hypers since minimal movement keeps him harder to find. He also has the unique ability to setup item traps.  There's a lot of things that bug me about Sly, but his (impossible?) or hard to interrupt Level 1, and his invisibility bug me the most.

If anything I say he can't gain any AP while invisible (if that isn't active already I dunno)

~GL

#PrincessPowerhouse
#PrincessPowerhouse
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 29 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Dec 6, 2012

LX_Theo wrote:

Scthye wrote:

LX_Theo wrote:

Scthye wrote:

Something should be done because its annoying that he could be invisible and immediately use their super, he could attack and still be invisible, and being able to avoid every super because your invisible. Unlike everyone else who has to run and dodge.

... Except he cannot be invisible while attacking, and in order to get any super, he needs to be offensive.

He can I've seen it with every sly player I faced. I even get better examples as a radec player because sly goes invisible to get to meand when he attacks me he's invisible. It only breaks when he grabs me, is hit, or does a super.

Other than the fact that there are clear indicators of where he is on screen, invisibility is broken when he starts his attack animation.

What indicators? I can't see him, and his invisiblity doesn't break when he attacks, the only time that has happen is with the move where he jumps in a barrel. Idk if its the broken online or what but every sly I fight that goes invisible stays that way and is rarely seen. I've played against over 50 slys now and it's the same if he's invisible and attacks he stays that way.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 29 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Dec 6, 2012
@Scthye look for his footsteps he kicks up dirt when he moves. Also he is not super hard to see whole invisible in general.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 29 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Dec 6, 2012

The only attack Sly can do while invisible is his neutral square which then steals AP. Every other attack that is done while he is invisible will break the invisibility. Even is a Sly stays invisible you can still see him just barely if you pay attention. Even if he just stays invisible he won't gain any AP unless he actually fights and once he does then you can punish him, I tend to lose track of sly sometimes but never to the point where the match seems unfair. Losing AP for his primary move would be stupid, people need to stop whining and trying to nerf a character for every little thing!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 29 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Dec 6, 2012

Tekn0tize wrote:
Yes but hiding can save you from many supers that blocking cannot including level 3s.

Sly can't dodge either. NO penalty for hiding!

Also he's pretty visible if you just look for him and the smoke.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 29 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Dec 6, 2012

TwistedAvenger wrote:
@Scthye look for his footsteps he kicks up dirt when he moves. Also he is not super hard to see whole invisible in general.

Thanks, but I myself still can't see him though I don't know why, the only time the invisibleity is even close for me to see is when it's 1v1 but he's still hard to see. Ive never notice any dirt being kicked up only the other players going for me and just chaos every where, I didn't know that dirt was from sly.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 29 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

Dec 6, 2012

love the ppl saying trake his steps look for him lol thats all fine in 1vs1 but in ffa if you pass your time looking for sly  you probably will come in last  and traking footsteps is FFA is very easy/sarcasm 

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 29 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Dec 6, 2012
@pedro702 I have no problems keeping track oh him in FFA by looking for his footsteps. Even in FFA I track him pretty easily. Also tracking him never caused me to come in last. Maybe you need to eyes checked if you have so much trouble with it.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 29 (114 Views)
0 Likes