Oct 31 2012
By: jamcakes Lombax Warrior 190 posts

Should Sir Daniel be revived for Medievil 3?

[ Edited ]
24 replies 1191 views Edited Oct 31, 2012

The moment Sir Daniel was officially announced I was instantly enthralled with this game and have never been this excited for a release since SSBB. Medievil was a charming chapter of many childhoods, however I'm certain I wasn't the only one shocked to see the attention given to Sir Dan for Playstation All-Stars. 

Do you think Medievil 3 (or a reboot starring Sir Daniel) should be on the cards? I knew the franchise was successful but not near enough to be considered for inclusion here. Surely if he can make this roster, its entirely possible he could star in another game of his very own? Is the franchise popular enough to be revived from the Playstation graveyard?

Message 1 of 25 (1,191 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
410 posts

Re: Should Sir Daniel be revived for Medievil 3?

Oct 31, 2012

I tottaly agree with you man....Ps allstars battle royal has actually re-ignighted my love for all the franchises involved and will do the same for every character added.I think I am more excited for ps allstars than I have ever been for any game period.Counting the days for this game feels like im in prison just awaiting to be released.....So far i think  Superbot & Bluepoint have done an amazing job handling everything thats in the game.

Message 2 of 25 (1,161 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
284 posts

Oct 31, 2012
I would love a medievil 3! as i loved playing the original and the 2nd back in the day! Smiley Very Happy

But the thing is most people (kids) only want rubbish shooters, it woudnt sell that well unless it was "medievil total gunfire" with Sir Dan holding a AK... Smiley Sad
Cold White Wine Aint That Fine!
Message 3 of 25 (1,139 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
949 posts

Oct 31, 2012

no no no no no no no. They are going to use superbots , slow as hell not dan. They should let him rest. If they make another medievil game, it's going to be another typical hack n slash, just let him die and dont **bleep** on him

Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 4 of 25 (1,128 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Oct 31, 2012
I think that'd be awesome if there was a Medievil 3 if a studio could pull it off (I heard his newest PSP game was not-so-good). Maybe it'd work to have Medievil 3 as a downloadable title on PSN rather than a full retail release
Message 5 of 25 (1,092 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Oct 31, 2012

SniperWolf323 wrote:

no no no no no no no. They are going to use superbots , slow as hell not dan. They should let him rest. If they make another medievil game, it's going to be another typical hack n slash, just let him die and dont **bleep** on him

That's how he should be. Bring on medievil 3!!

ハマり度MAX!!
Message 6 of 25 (1,087 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Oct 31, 2012

YES.

Message 7 of 25 (1,073 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Oct 31, 2012
Honestly? I wouldn't bring back MediEvil without a lot of tweaks to the formula. I love MediEvil, and played both the first and second games to death. But the games really did fall into the shortcomings of a lot of 3D platformers at the time of the PS1 era. Namely, bad jumping puzzles. I think that with today's technology we could easily fix that. I'm thinking something like the first Darksiders game, but with less clinging to ledges and stuff. A decent double jump, air dash, and regular dash (like the first MediEvil game) would do nicely.

Second, I think we could stand to upgrade the gameplay a little. I'm thinking giving each category of melee weapon (sword and shield, 2-handed sword, hammer, axe ((don't know if it counts or not))) a different combo set, instead of just having Dan swing the weapon back and forth. That worked in the PS1 era, but I think that gamers would complain if it was that way today, and if we brought it to the PS3.

So yeah, that's my idea. *shrug* I'd love a MediEvil 3, but I know the first 2 games had room for improvement.
It's time for a DEATH BATTLE!
Message 8 of 25 (1,066 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1494 posts

Oct 31, 2012
no they are fine in all stars but we dont need him as another game
parappa dan nariko jak
Message 9 of 25 (1,029 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Oct 31, 2012

PaypayTR wrote:
no they are fine in all stars but we dont need him as another game
parappa dan nariko jak

We need a new parappa and jak game for sure!! what are you talking about???

ハマり度MAX!!
Message 10 of 25 (1,026 Views)
0 Likes