Jan 15 2013
By: arrownoir Uncharted Territory 1693 posts

Should SB implement SSM's lag latency tech

[ Edited ]
3 replies 149 views Edited Jan 15, 2013

the God Of War dev team has developed a way to eliminate lag completely

if SB were to implement that technology would they need to completely rewrite their netcode

if so, would that destroy the game completely

if there's no risk in adopting Sony Santa Monica's tech I don't see why they shouldn't do it

here's the video by the way

it's no BS, because I can tell you from experience how smooth the online runs

also did anyone get this while trying to play online on PS3 today? does this mean the patch is closer than we thought

IMG803.jpg

"Say Pam, ever hung from a ceiling fan while your partner sat on a paint mixer"
 photo lordvv-1.gifVegeta GIF photo vegeta.gif
Message 1 of 4 (149 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

Re: Should SB implement SSM's lag latency tech

Jan 15, 2013
I wish Superbot could just get Santa Monica to take over the online component to All-Stars. They know how to get online gaming to work well. I've been playing the Ascension beta as well and it is leaps and bound a much better online experience than All-Stars.
Message 2 of 4 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Jan 16, 2013
If you watch the video released by Santa Monica on how hard it is to create a 'lag free' multiplayer experience, you'd understand why it must be difficult for a small team like SuperBot. Honestly, the amount of people needed to repeat that kind of smooth experience & the technical work involved to repeat the same results per hit on different consoles via internet is A LOT harder then people make it out to be. Go check the video out on IGN - it pretty much puts PSABR's multiplayer in perspective.

Would it be a good idea to have Santa Monica work on the multiplayer ? Yes. Would it be feasible ? Not even slightly.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 3 of 4 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Jan 16, 2013
Oh sorry, completely missed the video link posted above - using my mobile. Yeah that's pretty much what my comment above is describing.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 4 of 4 (81 Views)
0 Likes