Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Re: Should Cole and Evil Cole Have Been 1 Character

Nov 12, 2012
Not only are the two coles different in abilities, but they are also completely different in personalities. I don't think portraying cole as such a bipolar character is good. Plus, in infamous, can you just push a button to change from the destroyer of a city to the savior? no. Each cole has completely different ability unlocks, personalities, friends, and ideals.

Citizen: *throws rocks at cole*
Cole: "Hey, what gives?"
Citizen: "you're killing our people and destroyed our city!"
Cole: "Oh, lolz sry about that" *switches to good cole*
Citizen: "lol okay, sry about the rocks. continue your day, hero!"
Message 31 of 43 (151 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Nov 12, 2012
@Plasmakirby: lol that's about the same arguement I use on Youtube, it'd make Cole look schizophrenic as all hell.
Message 32 of 43 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
633 posts

Nov 12, 2012
True. But as I said. This game isn't canon so none of that matters.
Photobucket
Message 33 of 43 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Nov 12, 2012
Here's the thing though, if you have both Coles playable in one Cole isn't that still the same thing as having both Coles on the character select screen? Let's think about this for a sec, like I said earlier that's two Coles with two full movesets and we already have that, it wouldn't change anything about the current roster.
Message 34 of 43 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Nov 12, 2012
But this game is supposed to represent the characters properly. Had I known nothing about Infamous, a cole that could switch like that would be a bit confusing/misleading. The game is also a way to advertise other playstation games. I've become interested Heavenly Sword, Bioshock, Ratchet & Clank, and Medieval (must have somehow missed this during my childhood). If the first that I see of a character gets me interested in their game, then I'd want it to be accurate to their respective games.
Message 35 of 43 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Nov 12, 2012

They are so different, though. The karmic shift would have to shift supers AND the moveset over. This would make the character rather unbalanced. Maybe if it took a super bar to shift, but that would be such a waste to shift in the first place.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 36 of 43 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Nov 12, 2012
That would've only worked if Cole had done something like that in InFamous. Besides, the 2 Coles play differently, so they're not clones, or even the same.
Message 37 of 43 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3009 posts

Nov 12, 2012
I get what a lot of you are saying about it being wired for Cole to be able to change Karmas instantly but you have to seperate the characters from their games to a certain extent. If you think that a Karmic shift move would be stupid then you should be enraged by the fact that Drake can just drop rocks from the sky out of no where and wip out a mini gun from his pocket.
[The YouTube Poser]

Message 38 of 43 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
633 posts

Nov 12, 2012
Yup
Photobucket
Message 39 of 43 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Nov 12, 2012
You have a point there but those "nonsense" moves don't break Drake's character or series. In UC a lot of those thing would seem to appear perfectly out of nowhere (of course not as out of nowhere as in PSASBR lol) but in InFamous Cole just simply couldn't magically karma shift. His karma represented his choices/journey and if they made it so he just karma shifts back and forward in here it would be like saying his karma = powers and not his karma = journey. The only other way they could've done this is if you start off neutral and then turn good or evil and stay good or evil till the match was done. And honestly that would put Cole users at a huge disadvantage to other characters since you wouldn't unlock his full moveset till later in the match.
Message 40 of 43 (108 Views)
0 Likes