Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Re: Should Cole and Evil Cole Have Been 1 Character

Nov 12, 2012
Deimos didn't fight differently from Kratos. He used the Spartan spear and shield and used it just about the same as Kratos with of course the more advanced moves omitted. Keslar *SPOILER ALERT* IS Cole. He's future Cole and technically he was still a hero, he just played the villain to turn Cole into the ultimate hero *SPOILER OVER*.

Regardless of how you feel G. Cole and E. Cole play dang near completely different from each other beyond their basic attacks both in InFamous and PSASBR. On top if this Sucker Punch said that this is the only way he could be in the game and they had dam good reasons for wanting this.....So get over it and move on.
Message 21 of 43 (120 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Nov 12, 2012
Your idea sounds good on the surface, but would only be acceptable to those who are ignorant of the InFamous series. He's not like Zelda who can just about instantly go back and forth to being Shiek (her alter ego) or Zelda (her true self). Cole couldn't just magically switch from Hero to Infamous. He had to go through a LOT of good or bad decisions to get one of those titles, which thus made G. Cole and E. Cole essentially 2 completely different characters. So as I said, though your idea sounds good to people who know hardly anything about the series, it would be unacceptable to the hardcore InFamous fans.
Message 22 of 43 (112 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
375 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Um yes. They should have been the same character. I played both Infamous games and the "Evil" story path and powers were basically the same thing. It's stupid that they took up a character slot for the SAME character with red lightening instead...

Oh well... Scorpion and SubZero are practically the same in the same sense... so fair enough.

Message 23 of 43 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Nov 12, 2012
No both paths in both games were different though of course with some similarities (especially InFamous 2 that had 2 different spliced power paths AND 2 completely different endings).
Message 24 of 43 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Okay first of all if Cole was one character he would have too many powers and make him imbalanced. Good Cole and Evil Cole combined means a ton more powers and the fact that he can change stratergies at any point in time  would give him a huge advantage over everyone else. Secondly that wasn't tyhe deal they made with Sucker Punch. The deal was Two Coles from Infamous or no deal. Thirdly I am still not sure why people still harp on about Cole taking up a  space. You do realize Cole didn't take a space up for someone that could have been there right? They didn't drop Crash to put in Evil Cole. Evil Cole would have been there no matter what the situation was. And if they made Cole one person then we would have even less characters.

Message 25 of 43 (95 Views)
Wastelander
633 posts

Nov 12, 2012
I just feel that if the game isn't canon then there was no need to make two characters out of one, and just find any possible way to merge them as one. If their past experiences in their own games never mattered for this game, then there was no need for a double roster spot. But would have been better to do an input, and then he becomes bad, and has different techniques. Being able to switch back and forth would have made me love cole more in this game, and actually want to use him due to being more unique. Sort of how they made cecil in dissidia. Changing from Dark Knight to Paladin.
Photobucket
Message 26 of 43 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
625 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Wow.

Toro just changes costumes. He always puts costumes on and uses what he learns to "be more human". He can wear a baseball player's outfit and learn how to hit a ball with a bat (like in one of his games) but he's still Toro under all that. Not the same with the two Coles. They're only the same in looks, not in gameplay or personality. They're like two completely different people.

Message 27 of 43 (82 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Tekn0tize wrote:

Yes they should be. One Cole to represent the Infamous franchise is enough, but fanboys are obviously going to hate on me for saying this but I don't care. That's my opinion and that's how it will remain no matter how much you flame me.

Back then, there was this game called Uncharted 2. There was this pack called Playstation Heroes Pack. One of them was InFamous & the characters were Good Cole, Evil Cole, and Zeke. Why not Cole, Zeke, and someone else? Because both Coles are different.

Blame Sucker Punch. However, one Cole isn't enough to represent the InFamous Franchise, as both Good & Evil Cole are the main characters. You choose which karma, and I can understand why InFamous did this decision.

It's okay if you think they should be one character. You probably don't understand why nor maybe will after the game is out. I don't know where are the fanboys (not one, I just enjoy doing the "Cole me" Posts), but you shouldn't get mad at them. If they get mad at you, that's probably because you didn't give good reasoning by saying "Yes" & it's enough to represent.

After all, Omar did said that Sucker Punch said:

"But the IP holders felt really strongly that the way that the Cole character manifests, he really is two different guys, and they felt the character would be best served as two different and they really pushed for it. That’s how we ended up with it."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Message 28 of 43 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Honestly I don't think it'd make a difference even if it was just one Cole who can swap between good and evil that's still two full movesets 

Message 29 of 43 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
633 posts

Nov 12, 2012
Its an opiniin for a reason. The title of thread asked it. I gave it. That's all
Photobucket
Message 30 of 43 (72 Views)
0 Likes