Nov 11 2012
By: MarcusSoul Fender Bender 3009 posts

Should Cole and Evil Cole Have Been 1 Character

42 replies 374 views Edited Nov 11, 2012
After seeing some videos of Toro and his different fighting stances it made me think that Cole should have had his own karmic shift that allowed him to turn good and evil. That could have given some interesting strategy opportunities for being more defensive or offensive. What do you guys think?
[The YouTube Poser]

Message 1 of 43 (374 Views)
Splicer
70 posts

Re: Should Cole and Evil Cole Have Been 1 Character

Nov 11, 2012
No. The biggest concept of inFamous is Cole's karmic decisions. To represent the coin that is Cole, you will need both sides. It makes sense that the two share the Amp, Lightning Tether/Drop, and the Induction Grind, but the differences become more apparent with their standard powers. Good Cole fires sticky grenades, Evil Cole fires grenades that multiply. Evil Cole can fire rockets that expand while Good Cole can fire guided rockets.

[MINOR SPOILER FOR I2] Two MAJOR differences come from inFamous 2, where Cole is presented with the ability to choose between Cryokinetic and Pyrokinetic powers via Kuo and Nix respectively.

TL;DR: No, they are too different to be one character.
Freeflow-style player. Rapid adjustment to all situations.
Photobucket
Message 2 of 43 (357 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Nov 11, 2012
how could they be? they are completely different characters.
Message 3 of 43 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Nov 11, 2012
Why would they be one? That'd be silly

Message 4 of 43 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Nov 11, 2012

Yes they should be. One Cole to represent the Infamous franchise is enough, but fanboys are obviously going to hate on me for saying this but I don't care. That's my opinion and that's how it will remain no matter how much you flame me.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 5 of 43 (334 Views)
Fender Bender
3009 posts

Nov 11, 2012
Well that's why I'm saying he should have the Karmic shift with one button. It would only take away 3 moves and ultimately he would still have more than every one else because of the different stance.
[The YouTube Poser]

Message 6 of 43 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Nov 11, 2012
Honestly, if I hadn't seen the two Coles in action - I'd think it's a stupid idea having two, but after seeing how well they differentiated the two and really made them feel like the opposite ends of the spectrum, I'm glad they went that route - my sig should prove as much for anyone thinking I'm just saying that for the sake of blindly supporting SuperBot.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 7 of 43 (322 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Nov 11, 2012

Tekn0tize wrote:

Yes they should be. One Cole to represent the Infamous franchise is enough, but fanboys are obviously going to hate on me for saying this but I don't care. That's my opinion and that's how it will remain no matter how much you flame me.

You're obviously right. Still, 19 characters would have been odd, so whatever...

But anyway, of all the franchises in this game, inFamous is almost the last one deserving a second rep.

And to the ones saying "They're completely different characters wouldn't make sense!!!1"

Then why Kratos' brother is his alternate costume?

Why Good Cole has a villain as an alternate costume?

Message 8 of 43 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

Nov 11, 2012

here's my take on this topic.  Level 2 super should've been a karmic change.  you start off as good but let's say you prefer evil cole. use your level 2 super, ultimately changing your moveset including supers...yes you'd be able to go back to good assuming you get to level 2 again and decide to use.  

Message 9 of 43 (316 Views)
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2012

Infamous and Uncharted have the most fans, at least it seems that way for sure. I'm sure if there was some way to add a second Nathan Drake in there, they would have. I don't really care though, in the end I find Cole, Evil Cole and Nathan Drake as uninteresting characters. I'm not a fan but I do understand and respect that they have a huge fan following so I'm okay with them being in the game.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 10 of 43 (304 Views)
0 Likes