I Only Post Everything
977 posts

Re: Should Aveline be the AC rep ?

Oct 29, 2012
Solution: Aveline should be Connor's minion.
Message 51 of 71 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14685 posts

Oct 29, 2012

ElevenCarrot11 wrote:

Feminist groups unite to this Pre-20th century concept of womanly servitude!

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 52 of 71 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Oct 29, 2012

ElevenCarrot11 wrote:

better yet,

all the assassins should be Desmond's minion...

Play For Fun!
Message 53 of 71 (97 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14685 posts

Oct 29, 2012

achus93again wrote:

ElevenCarrot11 wrote:

better yet,

Just for fun, they would switch by use of a Pokeball!

Message 54 of 71 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Oct 29, 2012

bob-maul wrote:

achus93again wrote:

ElevenCarrot11 wrote:

better yet,

Just for fun, they would switch by use of a Pokeball!

XD

but seriously, someone on this forum long ago made a moveset for desmond,

and he had different stances like toro where he can switch between his ancestors...

Play For Fun!
Message 55 of 71 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 29, 2012

Ok reasons for Aveline's inclusion:

- Makes sense on Ubisoft & Sonys part to give the character and therefore her game more exposure to promote the game, and inadvertantly the Vita/Vita bundle. 

- She represents the Vita (which is yet to be rep'd)

- She represents AC (which is yet to be rep'd)

- Shes a female (nothing to do with 'womans rights', just nice to have more female characters) 

- All Assassins will have essentially the same/identical move set, therefore nothing is lost in translation (therefore gameplay is not the problem)

- Altair/Ezio are faces of the past & although Ubisoft is releasing an Ezio collection, the main emphasis is on the present and therefore the main choice should be between Aveline & Conner

- Aveline is the first Assassin exclusive to Playstation and therefore is more relevant to the brand (keeping in mind, PSABR is also releasing on the Vita)

- Liberation can spawn sequels as it exists outside of the console trilogy i.e. does not involve Desmond (while unlikely, still a possibility)

- She has not appeared in any previous fighting/brawler games and therefore makes her a more unique addition (may sound silly, but there is a certain excitement in playing as a new character)

- Borrowed from my previous point, people do want to play as new Assassins, its one of the excitements of the new entrys to the series (may sound silly, but those without Vita may be interested in playing as the character)

- This is DLC, not on disc roster. It's not trying to sell the game via popular recognisable exposure, they have room to play around. People WILL buy DLC characters, if for nothing else then just to have more characters.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 56 of 71 (84 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Oct 29, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:

- Makes sense on Ubisoft & Sonys part to give the character and therefore her game more exposure to promote the game, and inadvertantly the Vita/Vita bundle. 

- Shes a female (nothing to do with 'womans rights', just nice to have more female characters) 

- All Assassins will have essentially the same/identical move set, therefore nothing is lost in translation (therefore gameplay is not the problem)

- Altair/Ezio are faces of the past & although Ubisoft is releasing an Ezio collection, the main emphasis is on the present and therefore the main choice should be between Aveline & Conner

- Aveline is the first Assassin exclusive to Playstation and therefore is more relevant to the brand (keeping in mind, PSABR is also releasing on the Vita)

- Liberation can spawn sequels as it exists outside of the console trilogy i.e. does not involve Desmond (while unlikely, still a possibility)

- She has not appeared in any previous fighting/brawler games and therefore makes her a more unique addition (may sound silly, but there is a certain excitement in playing as a new character)

- Borrowed from my previous point, people do want to play as new Assassins, its one of the excitements of the new entrys to the series (may sound silly, but those without Vita may be interested in playing as the character)

- This is DLC, not on disc roster. It's not trying to sell the game via popular recognisable exposure, they have room to play around. People WILL buy DLC characters, if for nothing else then just to have more characters.

I would really like Aveline's inclusion in this game.  Great post, Sohail

Message 57 of 71 (74 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Oct 29, 2012
Thanks Smiley Happy
Message 58 of 71 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14685 posts

Oct 30, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:

The only reason she is a Vita "rep" is because she is one of the only possible ones. There is nothing special other than she is a woman. Connor is more recognizable and would bring more sales for PSASBR. I do not see people buying a $250 handheld because she was in PSASBR. The idea that more females are needed is simply an arbitrary argument. The sex should not decide Connor over Aveline. It should be popularity. 

What you are thinking is that this game will bring attention to other titles. For it to do that, it must become a console-selling franchise. Few bought the N64 for SSB, but they did buy the GC for Melee. They need to secure their borders before moving to the frontier is what I am saying. Make this game a hit before caring about making other games a hit. What this game needs a large amount of recognizable characters and a strong ad campaign. From there, they can make sequels and put in the obscure characters.

Do not get me wrong, I love the character, but Aveline is simply not a good choice for the first in what is hopefully a long-running franchise. The game needs as much going for it as possible and obscure characters from spin offs on not yet successful devices is not the best route.

Message 59 of 71 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Oct 30, 2012
See if this was on disc roster, I'd agree with you, but DLC won't sell the game as I said in my previous comment, no one will pick up the game for the DLC characters, therefore it has room to bs creative and introduce characters unbeknown to the casual audience. There IS marketing going on for Liberation, and many people will be able to identify her as an Assassin, if not only that. When I say it will help sell the Vita, I don't obviously mean people will go and buy Vitas just because they like the character in the game, but like SSB, people will become interested in a character they know little about:
- For those playing on the Vita, they may decide to pick the game up after looking into it.
- For this playing on the PS3, if their looking into purchasing a Vita, they may look into purchasing the Liberation White Vita bundle instead, not necessarily because they played the character, but because they know a little more about her or feel as such.

Ofcourse I do think Conner would be a great addition, and I've been pushing his inclusion for months, but I really believe Aveline would suit as a better AC rep for DLC.
Message 60 of 71 (51 Views)
0 Likes