Jul 02 2012
By: Wakefulness I Only Post Everything 1306 posts

Seth "Street Fighter" Killian on board with SCEWWS: His role with the SuperBot staff and PASBR

6 replies 451 views Edited Jul 2, 2012

Here is what was written about PASBR just a short while a go on the PS BLOG by Seth Killian (Lead Game Designer, Sony Santa Monica Studio),

"The external group works with Sony’s outside studios — teams like Queasy Games (Sound Shapes), Fun Bits Interactive (Escape Plan), thatgamecompany (Flower, Journey), and… SuperBot Entertainment, makers of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale!""

"Fighting games are very close to my heart, and as someone that’s spent much of my life with traditional fighters, All-Stars has been a great opportunity to take a step back and rethink fighting fundamentals from the ground up. The entire team was put together from scratch to create this game, and they are loaded with fighting game superstars (including some impressive tournament credentials–I’m not even the first EVO finalist to join the team!) who love great combat just as much as I do."

"All-Stars is also a total love-letter to Sony fans. From the characters, to their special moves, to the incredible level 3 supers, and the stages themselves, I’m not sure there’s ever been such a giant dose of fan-service in Sony history. Beyond great character designs or all the ingenious little ideas that make combat feel great, the real test of a great game to me is that “just *one* more game!” feeling. If it’s 3am and you have to work the next day, but you’ve still got the urge to play again, you know you’re doing something right. You only have to walk through SuperBot’s studio and see all the staff being scolded to stop playing their own game andget back to work to know that they’ve really got something special cooking."

"You don’t have to take my word for it, however–we’ll be taking All-Stars on the road and making sure you guys have plenty of opportunities to go hands-on, starting with PlayStation’s first official presence at EVO this weekend. More details soon."

[A Message from Sony Santa Monica Studio’s Newest Employee]

Let the holiday 2012 come - so I can play PASBR on my VITA already!

Message 1 of 7 (451 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2913 posts

Re: Seth "Street Fighter" Killian on board with SCEWWS: His role with the SuperBot staff a

Jul 2, 2012

Respect to him.

Message 2 of 7 (426 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Re: Seth "Street Fighter" Killian on board with SCEWWS: His role with the SuperBot staff a

Jul 2, 2012

4 days, just four days Smiley Happy

Also this message made me a lot more excited about everything coming up!

Message 3 of 7 (414 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Jul 3, 2012

HighFlyer_15 wrote:

4 days, just four days Smiley Happy

Also this message made me a lot more excited about everything coming up!

EVO?

Yeah, I want this game for VITA.

Message 4 of 7 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 4, 2012

Too bad for many that he joined so late in development. This guy joining, unfortunately, gives no greater chance for street fighter characters

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 5 of 7 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2012

Wakefulness wrote:

EVO?

Yeah, I want this game for VITA.

Yes!

Just 2 days now.. Just 2 days....

EDIT: board time says 3 days Smiley Sad I'm sad.

Message 6 of 7 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2388 posts

Jul 4, 2012

WOOOOOOO lol Im more excited about how hes gonna bring in some serious competitive fighting game knowledge and respect from the community know that he is on board. I could care less about a SF rep... unless its blanka lol

Message 7 of 7 (322 Views)
0 Likes