Feb 28 2013
By: S-o-h-a-i-l Treasure Hunter 5661 posts

Seth Killian Replies on PS Blog

41 replies 1236 views Edited Feb 28, 2013
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/27/new-ps-all-stars-zeus-isaac-medievil-the-unfinished-swan-l...

+ Seth Killian on February 27th, 2013 at 5:51 pm said:
Zeus and Isaac will have trophies, and we’re working on adding trophies for Kat and Emmett as well.

+ Seth Killian on February 27th, 2013 at 5:59 pm said:
There are more great game characters than could ever fit into one title, and we’ve had interesting talks with a LOT of great teams, but when it comes to 3rd party IP it’s not always as simple as asking Smiley Happy

+ Seth Killian on February 27th, 2013 at 6:00 pm said:
I can’t talk about future plans but I know for a fact Kat’s roll is on the patch list and should be fixed up soon.

+ Seth Killian on February 27th, 2013 at 6:01 pm said:
Depends on the 3rd parties, but we have some very cool stuff for them and hopefully can share soon.

+ Seth Killian on February 27th, 2013 at 6:04 pm said:
As I mentioned, the team at SuperBot was interested in having another “heavy hitter” kind of character in the game, to round out playstyle choices for players. As for Zeus in particular, in every fighter I play, it’s rare that the character I like best “as a character” is the one I actually enjoy playing the most. Zeus is a lot of dirty fun, so I hope you get a chance to take him for a test drive before making up your mind.

+ Seth Killian on February 27th, 2013 at 6:07 pm said:
Much as we might like to, we can’t give everything away for free, but even these characters can be yours for $0.00 if you snag a copy of God of War: Ascension (which is definitely worth your time!)

+ Seth Killian on February 27th, 2013 at 6:08 pm said:
It’s not a pre-order bonus, and should be free in any retail copy of GoW:A, at least in North America. There are discussions underway for fans in other territories, but I don’t know any details there yet.

+ Seth Killian on February 27th, 2013 at 6:10 pm said:
Always glad to meet another fan of The Unfinished Swan, it really blew me away. We have friends at great studios all over the world and have had a lot of conversations with different teams, but it’s not always as simple as just asking–even when you’re friends there are these pesky lawyers full of demands you can’t always meet Smiley Tongue

+ Seth Killian on February 27th, 2013 at 6:13 pm said:
I didn’t know about the 1 character per IP rule, but we’ll keep it in mind Smiley Happy We have a good series of patches coming in the pipeline now, so hopefully that solves your troubles, but online has been great for me and my friends, sorry to hear something is causing you trouble.

+ Seth Killian on February 27th, 2013 at 6:26 pm said:
I try to reply to questions we haven’t responded to before or where I have new information. We love Crash and he was a great part of PlayStation history, but has been said many times, unfortunately including him isn’t solely up to Sony and SuperBot.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 1 of 42 (1,236 Views)
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Re: Seth Killian Replies on PS Blog

Feb 28, 2013
Thanks for posting, this is all news to me. Really nice of him to address the questions and concerns people have. Nicely done.
Message 2 of 42 (1,213 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2013

Now that we have word that Crash wasn't ruled out, we tweet Activision excessively. They might just get sick of him.

Message 3 of 42 (1,186 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Feb 28, 2013
or they'd assume they're in a position to play hard ball due to excessive fan demand.
Message 4 of 42 (1,174 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Feb 28, 2013

They already assumed that, that's why we don't have him. They put money before the fans, they deserve a little something from us.

Message 5 of 42 (1,160 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Feb 28, 2013
I think we should focus SSMs efforts on obtainable characters, so they atleast hear demands of obtainable characters we want. Right now there focus seems scattered.

By the way, it's nice to know 3rd party characters will be getting costumes (or so he implied).
Message 6 of 42 (1,143 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Feb 28, 2013

I'm going to pre order GOW: A so I hope getting these characters free will be the same for UK folk. The games out really soon so I hope it's not retailer exclusive. Based upon the fact it's not a pre order bonus I doubt that will be the case for UK folk anyway but I like to be clear on what the crack is. I guess Uk folk will find out soon. Hopefully before next week when I make a pre order.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 42 (996 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9936 posts

Feb 28, 2013
Always good to hear from the team. I like how Seth responds too, he keeps very cool about the 1 IP per rule tweet. Which was no doubt, the biggest thing people raged about yesterday.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 8 of 42 (990 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
572 posts

Feb 28, 2013
im sorry but "needing another heavy hitter" is no way to go about picking characters for this kind of game. First and foremost they should be asking themselves, "Is this an iconic playstation character?"

besides that, Seth Killian's answer just proves that they did not have the fans in mind and just wanted to put in a character they "thought" would be somehow "unique" and not truly deserving

ouyofo.jpg

Message 9 of 42 (947 Views)
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Feb 28, 2013
When i think of playstation all stars i think of issac and zeus.
Message 10 of 42 (908 Views)
0 Likes