Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3576 posts

Re: Seth Killian responds about Kat and Emmett

Jan 8, 2013

Strider_Doom wrote:

There will definitely be new challenger videos so you guys can check out what Kat and Emmett are truly capable of! Kat in particular is heaps of fun to use. I'm gonna be maining her from the getgo :smileysurprised:

Good news everyone.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 61 (1,644 Views)
Fender Bender
4263 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Strider_Doom wrote:

There will definitely be new challenger videos so you guys can check out what Kat and Emmett are truly capable of! Kat in particular is heaps of fun to use. I'm gonna be maining her from the getgo :smileysurprised:

You mean, she'll be OP?! Just kidding.

I might main her even I don't play her game. I have more interest in her than in Fat Princess and Nariko for some reason. 

Rusty. Rusty everywhere.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 61 (1,629 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Jan 8, 2013
Maining Kat !
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 61 (1,613 Views)
0 Likes
Superbot Developer
46 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

Once I have more info regarding when the trailers or DLC drops, I'll be sure to get the word out. In the meantime, you guys can get a peek at my personal Kat and Emmett notes.

KAT

- Mainly a rushdown character, specializes in mobility. She probably has the best mobility of all the cast due to the different ways in which she can get around.

- Her square attacks are her usual kick attacks.

- Triangles are "gravity" themed moves, including her slide and gravity kicks!

- Circle is "other" stuff, including gravity pull/push moves.

- She's a combo character! I like to compare her to a simpler Dante in terms of her combo ability. She has simple combos that build a decent amount of AP and more advanced combos that allow her to AP burst.

- She has a really cool move with neutral Circle. She summons 3 pieces of random debris around her that she can hurl at opponents. The hurling has no startup, but she is extremely vulnerable while summoning. This move unlocks her advanced combos, as you can throw debris between attacks. For any of you MvC2 / COTA players, think Spiral's swords.

- Her level 2 super is sick. It's kind of like a reverse Sir Daniel level 2, except she fires downwards instead of upwards. She also has a bit of control over when and where she fires the stalagmites.

EMMETT

- The point of Emmett is to bring his build and battle style to PASBR. He can utilize different weapon loadouts which he summons with Triangle.

- He can summon a turret to fire at opponents for extra AP. The turret is destructible, though.

- He can also summon a Rift Extractor that generates AP, similar to PaRappa's boombox.

- His default weapon loadout is a standard rifle. He also uses a pistol in this loadout.

- For close range battles, his Shotgun loadout is best. Fires quick, 30 AP per hit, and you can fire in multiple directions.

- Long range battles are best fought with the Rocket Launcher loadout. The rockets don't travel super fast, but they're aimable and will travel the entire length of the screen.

- Different loadouts will also have different grenades and mines to use.

- His square attacks are melee based attacks that don't change. They're a bit limited, but rightfully so considering his other tools.

- His level 1 super will change depending on which loadout you have, effectively giving him 5 supers total.

- His level 3 is a transform super similar to Sweet Tooth. He jumps in his Hawk and goes to town! The Hawk has a machine gun, aerial mines, and melee attacks. What's interesting is that Circle will activate Flight Mode in which the Hawk flies off the screen and goes for a quick bombing run.

- Flight Mode will immediately end his level 3. Why wouldn't you try to get some kills first before activating Flight Mode, you ask?! Well, the amount of "bombing" that the Hawk does will depend on how many kills you've gotten so far. So, if you've already scored 3 kills with the Hawk's other moves, the bombing run won't be as effective as it would have been if you activated at only 1 or 2 kills.

Don't forget that Kat and Emmett (along with the new stage Fearless, a mash-up of Heavenly Sword and Wipeout) will be free to download for 2 weeks. Make sure to get it ASAP!

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 61 (1,583 Views)
Splicer
84 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Mr. Doom, you sir, are a champion among men.

"ULAKSKEEL"
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 61 (1,567 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3576 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Strider_Doom wrote:

Once I have more info regarding when the trailers or DLC drops, I'll be sure to get the word out. In the meantime, you guys can get a peek at my personal Kat and Emmett notes.

KAT

- Mainly a rushdown character, specializes in mobility. She probably has the best mobility of all the cast due to the different ways in which she can get around.

- Her square attacks are her usual kick attacks.

- Triangles are "gravity" themed moves, including her slide and gravity kicks!

- Circle is "other" stuff, including gravity pull/push moves.

- She's a combo character! I like to compare her to a simpler Dante in terms of her combo ability. She has simple combos that build a decent amount of AP and more advanced combos that allow her to AP burst.

- She has a really cool move with neutral Circle. She summons 3 pieces of random debris around her that she can hurl at opponents. The hurling has no startup, but she is extremely vulnerable while summoning. This move unlocks her advanced combos, as you can throw debris between attacks. For any of you MvC2 / COTA players, think Spiral's swords.

- Her level 2 super is sick. It's kind of like a reverse Sir Daniel level 2, except she fires downwards instead of upwards. She also has a bit of control over when and where she fires the stalagmites.

EMMETT

- The point of Emmett is to bring his build and battle style to PASBR. He can utilize different weapon loadouts which he summons with Triangle.

- He can summon a turret to fire at opponents for extra AP. The turret is destructible, though.

- He can also summon a Rift Extractor that generates AP, similar to PaRappa's boombox.

- His default weapon loadout is a standard rifle. He also uses a pistol in this loadout.

- For close range battles, his Shotgun loadout is best. Fires quick, 30 AP per hit, and you can fire in multiple directions.

- Long range battles are best fought with the Rocket Launcher loadout. The rockets don't travel super fast, but they're aimable and will travel the entire length of the screen.

- Different loadouts will also have different grenades and mines to use.

- His square attacks are melee based attacks that don't change. They're a bit limited, but rightfully so considering his other tools.

- His level 1 super will change depending on which loadout you have, effectively giving him 6 supers total.

- His level 3 is a transform super similar to Sweet Tooth. He jumps in his Hawk and goes to town! The Hawk has a machine gun, aerial mines, and melee attacks. What's interesting is that Circle will activate Flight Mode in which the Hawk flies off the screen and goes for a quick bombing run.

- Flight Mode will immediately end his level 3. Why wouldn't you try to get some kills first before activating Flight Mode, you ask?! Well, the amount of "bombing" that the Hawk does will depend on how many kills you've gotten so far. So, if you've already scored 3 kills with the Hawk's other moves, the bombing run won't be as effective as it would have been if you activated at only 1 or 2 kills.

Don't forget that Kat and Emmett (along with the new stage Fearless, a mash-up of Gravity Rush and Wipeout) will be free to download for 2 weeks. Make sure to get it ASAP!

Your awesome!

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 61 (1,565 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8245 posts

Jan 8, 2013
Thank you for the info. Very insightful
 photo 4E141DBD-1A15-41B2-8D2A-CF1BB69B831A_zpsddamomtr.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 61 (1,553 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4263 posts

Jan 8, 2013
Why does it almost sound like the update is tonight or tomorrow? :smileyvery-happy:
Rusty. Rusty everywhere.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 61 (1,540 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1023 posts

Jan 8, 2013
6 specials? That's Uuuber pwnage.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 61 (1,537 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Fat_Slapper wrote:
6 specials? That's Uuuber pwnage.

But you also have to manage them and remember which one you have. You can't exactly switch on the spot.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 61 (1,528 Views)
0 Likes