Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Re: Sequel

Nov 18, 2012

ScreamKing09 wrote:
Well every fighting game has lose characters and put others in, I think if say we have to lose 5 characters to let some new ones in SB should ditch
DINO
Fat princess
Big daddy
Radec
Raiden
These are the least important and there wont be big backlash if they arnt in the sequel

Add a real story mode

More modes

Knowing Sony I doubt the advertising will change, but who knows, they may get it together by the time of ps4

I think that list of characters of yours needs a big ol IMO disclaimer, you have to be kidding saying they're the least important like we all took a vote on this.

Message 11 of 69 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Nov 18, 2012
@Brian so basically this game has nothing on mortal kombat in terms of story.
[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 12 of 69 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Nov 18, 2012

Zezzler wrote:

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

• Lots of Updates
  • I really wish that all Playstation games would do this. I mean this would probably be going out of just the lines of Playstation All-Stars but I would love if console games updated like Steam games would. Adding events and modes and keeping close to the community. Seems like a lot to ask for.

They already have something like that, it's called "PlayStation Home."

I've been to Playstation Home, I actually spent months there ( because I could not afford games ). It's not exactly what I meant.

I get what you meant. Sort of like how Killing Floor had it's halloween hillbilly update a couple weeks ago, or how Dungeon Defenders recently got a CTF mode. Stuff like that would be fantastic.

Not to mention the plethora of other improvements such as the story (which you already noted) and more.

Not to say that this game won't be good, because the gameplay is where this game shines for sure (and it will shine quite brightly). But they could have done a lot more.

Exactly what I mean man.

Message 13 of 69 (259 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

Nov 18, 2012

ScreamKing09 wrote:
Well every fighting game has lose characters and put others in, I think if say we have to lose 5 characters to let some new ones in SB should ditch
DINO
Fat princess
Big daddy
Radec
Raiden
These are the least important and there wont be big backlash if they arnt in the sequel

Thanks, you just dropped 3 of my favorites. If they suffered from the Dr. Mario/Pichu/Clone issue then I would agree, but they don't. They all add a flavor of their own and to take them out would be a horrible decision for anybody that isn't you.

I do agree with the rest of your points.

Expanding on IP's should be the #1 goal, imo. Obviously there would be restrictions, but it should work out. I think it's a little early to be thinking sequal, though. 

Message 14 of 69 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Nov 18, 2012

I would somehow merge the two Cole's together, I just really don't like the concept of multiple Cole's. I also wouldn't release this game until one/two years after the PS4 is released. Then they are many more character options that can be added through the new IP's. Based on whatever the final roster count is for All-Stars, I would add 10ish more characters to the sequel.

Also, I would create a 10+ hour story with fricken awesome cut scenes. 

Message 15 of 69 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Nov 18, 2012

They would also have much more to add from the last of us, tear away, puppeteer, beyond two souls, etc

Message 16 of 69 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Nov 18, 2012

Great to have you back, Narwhal.

Remember the zombie mode?

Message 17 of 69 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
410 posts

Nov 18, 2012

• Characters

Do NOT remove any titles in the roster. Instead, add more characters from the current titles. For an example, instead of having Sly as a character only why not add the whole gang as seperate/individuel characters of their own. This could expand the roster greatly without adding any new titles. But I'm not saying to not add any titles. I mean this might sound obvious, but yes I would want Crash, Spyro, ect. You know. I know, you don't have to tell me the whole story on why you think they aren't in. 

I wouldnt go the way of adding every single character from these franchises because only then does it become like super smash bros.Superbot has done alot of work to keep even the 20 characters different,familiar and original.I wouldnt waste slots of those when again, we still have tons of other playstation characters that arent there yes etc.Only after we have covered most of the franchises we know and love would I then start digging into their supporting casts and side-kicks.

As for what Id do for a sequel, tons more of everything & huge fan service.Next time around superbot will have an even bigger budget and other ip holders will want to ride that train once they see how this game does. 

Message 18 of 69 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Nov 18, 2012

Wolfakz wrote:

Great to have you back, Narwhal.

Remember the zombie mode?

Yup, I listed it as a reference but said survival. So it could be changed from anytime to zombie, sackboys, any kind of survival. I still think everything I listed in the mode would be amazing but I don't think the game engine they use would be compatible, I dunno. 

Message 19 of 69 (236 Views)
Wastelander
682 posts

Nov 18, 2012

first off, there would be no dante or any capcom character. then the next order of business is adding (hero) prinny. after ive finally locked down prinny, the next order of business would be making sure that the roster is at least 35 characters, if we have more thats great. then there would be an actual story mode either in the style of mortal kombat or ssbb(platforming). improved graphics. a consistant art style(one of the many flaws in this game imo is that the art/desgin isnt consistant, everyone has their own art style and the game suffers from it.). more stages, a lot more stages. also add some bosses, like brawl, it was one of my favorite things about the game.

COME ON, PRINNY FOR PASBR!!
Message 20 of 69 (233 Views)
0 Likes