Nov 18 2012
By: ThatDamnNarwhal Uncharted Territory 1732 posts

Sequel

[ Edited ]
68 replies 1164 views Edited Nov 18, 2012

Okay, let's say this game sold well enough for a sequel. Awesome! Plot-twist! Now let's say you were in charge of this sequel. What are some things you would add and that you would change? A lot of you guys are complaining about the current game that hasn't come out yet so here's a chance to throw out your ideas super early for the next game so SuperBot has a good idea of what people really want for the next. Better to throw in ideas early before development rather than late into deep development right? Now pretend that you had no limits, nothing stopping you from doing anything.

• Characters

Do NOT remove any titles in the roster. Instead, add more characters from the current titles. For an example, instead of having Sly as a character only why not add the whole gang as seperate/individuel characters of their own. This could expand the roster greatly without adding any new titles. But I'm not saying to not add any titles. I mean this might sound obvious, but yes I would want Crash, Spyro, ect. You know. I know, you don't have to tell me the whole story on why you think they aren't in. 

• Lots of Updates

I really wish that all Playstation games would do this. I mean this would probably be going out of just the lines of Playstation All-Stars but I would love if console games updated like Steam games would. Adding events and modes and keeping close to the community. Seems like a lot to ask for.

• Soundtrack

I'd keep the track full of original iconic songs from the games in the roster/maps. I don't know how well this game has already done it in the full game but from what I've seen so far it doesn't look so great. For an example, the Little Big Planet level plays a very boring song rather than something like the iconic song from Passion Pit. Maybe add something a little more, make remixes to these classic/iconic tunes to go with the stage mashups and such.

• Modes, lots of Modes

Level creator, survival, roll the dice, ect. You've heard all of this talk of different modes from me.

• Better advertising

In general I don't think Playstation is that great when it comes to attracting the attention of people through advertisements anymore. There is the exception of a few commercials like the Michael commercial. To be honest I didn't think the live action commercial for All-Stars was that great either. That's just me.

• CG Story Cut-Scenes

I mean it was amazing in Brawl, it would be amazing in HD Blu-Ray glory. Yeah, I made a Brawl reference kill me on "Smash Clone" insults.

What would you do with a sequal? This is just a few things I could whip up. I feel like doing this with a ton of different parts in the forum.

Message 1 of 69 (1,164 Views)
Sackboy
420 posts

Re: Sequel

Nov 18, 2012

I would add a kick **bleep** story mode.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I was faithful to Radec from the beginning!! How many others can say the same?!"
Message 2 of 69 (1,143 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1732 posts

Nov 18, 2012

Ginwolf wrote:

Yeah I heard some pretty bad things about the story..

Message 3 of 69 (1,135 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Nov 18, 2012

• Lots of Updates
  • I really wish that all Playstation games would do this. I mean this would probably be going out of just the lines of Playstation All-Stars but I would love if console games updated like Steam games would. Adding events and modes and keeping close to the community. Seems like a lot to ask for.

They already have something like that, it's called "PlayStation Home."

Message 4 of 69 (1,134 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1732 posts

Nov 18, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

• Lots of Updates
  • I really wish that all Playstation games would do this. I mean this would probably be going out of just the lines of Playstation All-Stars but I would love if console games updated like Steam games would. Adding events and modes and keeping close to the community. Seems like a lot to ask for.

I've been to Playstation Home, I actually spent months there ( because I could not afford games ). It's not exactly what I meant.

Message 5 of 69 (1,123 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Nov 18, 2012

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

• Lots of Updates

I've been to Playstation Home, I actually spent months there ( because I could not afford games ). It's not exactly what I meant.

I just thought I would point it out. :smileyhappy:

Message 6 of 69 (1,106 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 18, 2012

I would like to see further expansion within the already included titles, I think DLC is going to focus on adding different IPs to the roster so the sequel should focus on expanding within the IPs of the first, imagine having Kratos with Zeus and maybe Hades as a playable heavyweight character that time around, would definitely make things super interesting. Captain Qwark and Nefarious, Jammer Lammy, capture troops from killzone. Theres so much that can be done.

Another thing Id like to see is a reimagining of Sackboy, im not a big fan of his implementation this time around, knowing how big a deal costumes are in LBP i cant believe it was just randomly applied in his level 1 super, where he turns into one of 3 characters for a second. Why only three? Why have it anyway if its gonna be that pointless? I imagine a Sackboy who has his standard moveset but when he kills someone with his level one he turns into that character until he is killed (or maybe theres a reset function) Becoming that character gives you some of their abilities, (a la kirby yes) and killing multiple characters with a level one makes the costume be a combination of those characters' costumes with a combination of their abilities. I think that would perfectly define sackboy instead of the whole "oh he's pretty much a coward and is only good at fighting from a mile away" (not a direct quote)

Message 7 of 69 (1,080 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
596 posts

Nov 18, 2012

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

• Lots of Updates

I get what you meant. Sort of like how Killing Floor had it's halloween hillbilly update a couple weeks ago, or how Dungeon Defenders recently got a CTF mode. Stuff like that would be fantastic.

Not to mention the plethora of other improvements such as the story (which you already noted) and more.

Not to say that this game won't be good, because the gameplay is where this game shines for sure (and it will shine quite brightly). But they could have done a lot more.

Message 8 of 69 (1,078 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Nov 18, 2012
Well every fighting game has lose characters and put others in, I think if say we have to lose 5 characters to let some new ones in SB should ditch
DINO
Fat princess
Big daddy
Radec
Raiden
These are the least important and there wont be big backlash if they arnt in the sequel

Add a real story mode

More modes

Knowing Sony I doubt the advertising will change, but who knows, they may get it together by the time of ps4
[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 9 of 69 (1,073 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Nov 18, 2012

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

Ginwolf wrote:

Yeah I heard some pretty bad things about the story..

I watched the Kratos story walkthrough that was posted on here. Now I won't spoil anything but the story mode in general was pretty typical, I'm not going to say it's bad but it's what you would expect from a fighting game's story. The best I comparisons I can make is to SFxT and UMVC3. Like SFxT there is an opening cinematic, then you fight a bunch of matches until you get to your rival, then there is a cinematic for that and you fight, then finally, like UMVC3, there's the boss battle that is different than any of the normal fights you won previously.

Personally, I've never really cared too much for the story of fighting games unless they were particularly good but if not then meh.

As for what I would add, more characters of course, Croc, Laura, Rayman, the Hero from Patapon(somehow I'd find a way to make it work lol), and a Chimera from Resistance.

The only mode I can think of at the moment is maybe a random super mode where you had to fill only one bar but any of the 3 supers could be used. Meh, not too sure about this one but it's all I got for now :smileytongue:

Message 10 of 69 (1,069 Views)
0 Likes