Hekseville Citizen
343 posts

Re: Sequel

Dec 2, 2012
I personally believe that Big Daddy will not make it in the sequel.
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 69 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Nick930930 wrote:

Yeah all I say is F#&* a sequel... this game doesn't need another one.

Maybe when the new Playstation comes out...but until then, hell no. Not even worth $60 for the first one... I'll consider the sequel as much as buying Dead Rising 2: Off the Record... as in...no... i won't..

Lol if you dont have the game then your opinion is invalid.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 69 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1771 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Well SuperBot really nailed their fighting system down with this game, so hopefully for the sequel they'll be able to improve really the only two areas that everyone has complained about: More content and Better Presentation.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 69 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
86 posts

Dec 2, 2012

i like the make your own level idea, it could use for example the lbp engine, level creation in ssbb was terrible

Photobucket
Winning. Pure. Winning.
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 69 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Dec 2, 2012

For characters: Ellen from Folklore and Dart from Legend of Dragoon should be added to the roster

For story: please talk to the folks at Netherrealm Studios, I think those guys have a handle on how to incorporate a story mode into a fighting game (play MK9 if you need proof - or wait and see how they do it in Injustice, pretty sure the story mode is gonna be one of the highlights in that game there as well)

For features:

- unlockable characters I love unlocking characters in fighting games (the only ones that I've played and have done so, so far this generation are SCIV and the original SFIV)

- more alternate colors for the character costumes

-keep the individual character leveling system

- keep titles and icons

- add playback/record feature in training/practice mode

- more options in Tournament mode (voting for turning off items, stage voting, 1v1, 2v2, FFA---should be listed as different play modes as well)

Gameplay mechanics:

-allow us to jump while holding block

-allow us to throw while holding block

-remove invincibility frames when in knockdown state, but allow us to 'Tech Roll' to prevent knockdown state

-allow some supers to connect with opponents when in knockdown state

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 69 (160 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Dec 2, 2012

I think what Superbot needs to do for the next game is to add more supers for the characters; having only three super attacks gives the gameplay of the characters a lack of variety, as well as makes the players' actions more predictable.

They could also tweak the life system they have; adding a 3-segment health bar of sorts. Supers would still be the only means of dealing damage, however the amount of damage a super attack would deal would be equivalent to the level of the super.      

Level 1 supers- depletes 1 segment of health

Level 2 supers- depletes 2 segments of health

Level 3 supers- depletes 3 segments of health (an instant kill)

With this kind of system Superbot could add in more varieties in items, as well as have more suitable mechanics for a final boss battle.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 69 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Dec 2, 2012

More Content: unlockable Charackters, modes hidden easter eggs, items, stages, movies and music.

talking about characters: 

I don't have to count all the missing Characters, since everyone is writing them and there are thousands of "XYZ should be in" lists in the internet...

but all new characters should be locked from the beginning and i would keep the 1 character per IP idea to have more variety. 

the 20 existing characters should be all in the sequel IMO, because they all deliver a specific gameplay experience. (and all upcoming DLC characters should also be in, because i dont want to pay them twice)

And what i'm missing is more variety in the Supers. They could add 2 more Supers to all 3 Superlevels. left/right + R2 would be the usuall Super, Up + R2 and Down + R2 would add 2 more Superattacks per Level. This would make 9 different Superattacks and that would make it much harder to decide how to attack someone. (think about Kratos Level 2: everyone avoids to get over him)

Modes:

CTF (even if it is unfair, because of the different abilitys of the characters)

King of the hill

Roll the Dice

adjustable Handicap

harder CPU

better story mode and more influence from the individuall IP's like fighting against a horde of enemys from GOW/fat Princess in a vertical scrolling level or some plattformer parts from LBP. AND more Cutscenes and story elements overall.

Stages

I Love scrolling Levels, i wish they have included the Train level from uncharted 2 !!!

Also they could make some variations of the LBP level

and maybe a Level without any fixed ground, so you have to fight on moving Plattforms all the way.

Levels with constant danger areals, so you can aim to throw an opponent in this direction (like on sandover but with more impact)

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 69 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Dec 2, 2012
Sequel for PS4

-Better graphics
-30+ launch roster
-Additional modes
-Fleshed out story
-More cutscenes
-More unlockables
-More items
-20+ initial stages

The story could incorporate rivals into a more predetermined story in the sense that you do not pick your character, and instead alternate between a couple/all, while each characters story is being told, all interlinking etc. I'd write out a nice example, but...meh.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 69 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Dec 26, 2012

Hey guys I'm back. Once I finish this game I'll define this thread a little more and make a comparison thread between this and brawl, involving pros and cons. I own both and love both so I wont be picking sides.

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 69 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

Dec 26, 2012
The first thing I'd do is try to get the rights for Crash and Spyro. Not one or the other, BOTH.

Otherwise the game gets cancelled.
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 69 (98 Views)
0 Likes