Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Re: Sephiroth ideas here!

Jul 22, 2012

while i would love for sephiroth to be in the game he would probably be an unplayable character, his reach would be ridiculous and he would be mad overpowered. honestly i think he will be the final boss at the end of arcade or story

Message 21 of 38 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

Jul 22, 2012

I think Kratos' reach is even greater. Then you have Radec, a guy who can chain combos from across the screen.

If Capcom could make Dhalsim balanced, SuperBot should have no trouble with Seph.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 22 of 38 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Jul 22, 2012

Jmlucas18 wrote:

while i would love for sephiroth to be in the game he would probably be an unplayable character, his reach would be ridiculous and he would be mad overpowered. honestly i think he will be the final boss at the end of arcade or story

Dude, they're going to make the characters as balanced as possible.

Death_by_Ownage-Sig.png

Message 23 of 38 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2494 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 22, 2012

Jmlucas18 wrote:

No, just no. Dissidia had an even shorter range of fighting arenas, but Sephiroth STILL managed to be balanced. It's quite simple really, just give him a disadvantage like his attacks are slow or something or each of his individual attacks have long range but are each weaker than normal ones. Seriously, I find the whole (His sword is too long) argument absolutely ridiculous.

And a boss at the end of the story? He's a third-party character, not to mention he comes from an individual IP. It won't happen as it will most likely provide biased content towards Final Fantasy. It should be an original final boss or something part of PlayStation's history like Polygon Man or even Kevin Butler. Not to mention that you have to wonder how would he even get the power to make everyone meet and what would be his goal for these characters. Seriously, it isn't going to happen.

"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 24 of 38 (62 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Jul 22, 2012
i realize that, but shortening sephiroths sword or making him weak in any way literally takes away from how great he really is
Message 25 of 38 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2494 posts

Jul 22, 2012
No, it's called character balance. If we were focusing on how powerful everyone already is, Kratos would have already decapitated over half of the cast.
Message 26 of 38 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Jul 23, 2012

true, dont get me wrong i love FF and sephiroth in general but he probably wont be in, just looking at squarenix history of characters in other games it just doesnt happen. sephiroth has only been in squarenix titles, same reason sora probably wont be in this (but disney has a tight lock on the rights to him) and i would rather him a final boss then as a playable character a hard almost impossible to beat final boss after beating arcade on extreme

Message 27 of 38 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Jul 23, 2012

I just felt like doing this since I was thinking about Sephiroth and Cloud in All-Stars

Cloud

Level 1: Meteorain (Jumps into air and swings sword, shooting meteors out of the Buster Sword diagonally to the ground. 1 - 3 kills)

Level 2: Finishing Touch (Shoots a tornado that travels across the screen in one direction. 1 - 3 kills)

Level 3: Omnislash (Cinimatic. 3 kills)

Death_by_Ownage-Sig.png

Message 28 of 38 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2494 posts

Jul 23, 2012
You do realize that this practically goes for a bunch of other franchises too, correct? They still have a chance if SuperBot directly approaches Square Enix, which they probably will considering the series popularity. Just because the franchise doesn't have history of being in cross-overs doesn't mean it won't happen. For all we know, it could just be because the company was never asked or didn't ever have the opportunity to ask for an inclusion.

Personally, I think a Square Enix character will make it considering their PlayStation history. What worries me is which character they'll pick.
Message 29 of 38 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2494 posts

Jul 23, 2012
Yo Death, that is an awesome move-set! It's great!
Message 30 of 38 (41 Views)
0 Likes