First Son
14 posts

Re: Selvaria Bles Move-Set (Valkyria Chronicles)

Jan 21, 2013

SB should hire you! I have read all your character move sets and man, they are great!

Message 11 of 23 (297 Views)
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

^ Thanks. I try.

Whenever I can find the time, I want to re-start Folklore (never got around to finishing it) in order to make a move-set for Ellen down the road, so that she could be Selvaria's rival. I even wrote a story-mode script for their meeting.

I also wanted some opinions on what would work best for Selvaria's Level 45 Victory theme. "A Duel Against Legend" was generally used when you fought her, and it has a kick@ss horn-section at the 30-second mark.

However, in the Valkyria Chronicles trailer for Project X Zone (where Selvaria is a boss-enemy), they used Valkyria's Awakening.

Its has all that epic chanting and everything, but it tends to get used as the general theme for all Valkyria, so it wouldn't feel right to attach it to Selvaria alone. Any music-fans want to weigh in here?

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 12 of 23 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Mar 4, 2013

oh god! i want Selvaria in PSAS:BR so badly! lol

Message 13 of 23 (241 Views)
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Mar 5, 2013
Message 14 of 23 (226 Views)
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Alright, so here's a challenge: can any VC nerds pick out the original quotes? Because the vast majority of them come straight from the game, and not all of them from Selvaria herself.

Message 15 of 23 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 15, 2013

So, after ages of considering and planning it (as you'll notice from post #12), I've got her rivalry with Ellen done.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Ellen-vs-Selvaria-Intro-Rivalry-...

I think this might be the first time someone has made comprehensive move-sets for two characters, who would rival each other. I really want this rivalry to happen. It's a major reason why I obsessed over that Vs. Sega roster.

I hope I've convinced at least a few people of the value behind this rivalry.

Message 16 of 23 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
18068 posts

Oct 15, 2013
This is pretty cool ~Nyā!

I love Valkria Chronicles!! @.@

Soul Pillager 3! Banner Version.jpg

Message 17 of 23 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Oct 15, 2013
Negifam, can you look at my Scaler moveset in my sig and tell me what thinks I'm missing from it? Maybe ways to improve it? Please?
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 18 of 23 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 15, 2013

bjizzle121 wrote:
This is pretty cool ~Nyā!

I love Valkria Chronicles!! @.@

Then you have great taste.

mtjjrstccw1 wrote:
Negifam, can you look at my Scaler moveset in my sig and tell me what thinks I'm missing from it? Maybe ways to improve it? Please?

Participate in my community move-set and I'll be happy to.

If you just want help with presentation, there's no real secret to it: just lots of work. I make liberal use of the Bold and Underline functions, for one, to highlight major features. I also use the Unordered list feature to draw people's eye towards certain points

• Just
  • this

My PS controller face-buttons are merely images that are small enough to fit in with the forum's body of text (I think this move-set was the only other one who did something like this). You're free to copy and paste them if you like

PlayStationSquare.png , PlayStationTriangle.png , PlayStationCircle.png , PlayStationCross.png

My directional arrows come from a Wikipedia template, and I just Bold them to make them look bigger. You could probably also find them in your computer's character search under windings 3, but I kind of doubt that would show up on the form page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Unicode_chart_Arrows

If you merely want help with organization, I'd recommend placing all the factors behind each move into a list, the way I have. It makes it easier to read when people can just look up AP-amounts and such without having to read through the whole discription. I've actually been considering introducing a new factor to go with Properties and Movement called "Area-Affected" or some such.

You don't have to go as obsessively all-out the way I do, but it could make your moveset a bit easier to read.

If you just want help with overall design, I'd provide more information behind Scaler's attacks, like how much does he move around while using a certain move, or give AP-amounts and maybe some properly-named hit-reactions for more of his moves. I gave a list of  the terms behind all the hit-reactions to iiGGYxD's thread on the matter, which you can draw from.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/PSASBR-Terminology/m-p/41698115

Your list of unlockables seems fine to me. Very encompassing. All they really need is the presentation I mentioned above.

Is there any other help you want?

Message 19 of 23 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Oct 15, 2013
Thank You! I'll be sure to organize it more to be more presentable. Do I have certain things missing in it? Like categories such as "minions", or "costumes", or do I have everything pretty much down?
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 20 of 23 (129 Views)
0 Likes