Jan 26 2013
By: ThatDamnNarwhal Uncharted Territory 1732 posts

Santa Monica

[ Edited ]
14 replies 524 views Edited Jan 26, 2013

Seeing that Santa Monica's name is in Playstation All-Stars and that Superbot was formed from by a formal executive producer from Santa Monica it's easy to see why the roster of Playstation All-Stars is flooded with Santa Monica characters, including the newest DLC which will contain Emmet from Starhawk. Now I'm not saying that's a bad thing at all, I love every single character in this game. I just don't see why certain titles weren't thrown in already.

Which titles? Specifially Journey, Escape Plan and maybe Pixel Junk.  Recently the Playstation exclusive Journey has recieved a lot of positive rep and I don't see why the hooded traveler couldn't be in this game. Escape Plan was one of the PSVitas starter games. I'm just saying if they put a good amount of their characters in this game why not just go the 100% already. Maybe they are and it'll be future DLC like Emmet or maybe the companies they partnered with isn't cooperating? Not sure really.

What do you guys think?

I'm hoping this thread isn't going to be flooded with (lol they can't be in this game because they don't fight). I'll hate to use this excuse but I'll just have to use the forums ancient sayings (if they could make Fat Princess a figher they can make anyone a fighter).

Message 1 of 15 (524 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Re: Santa Monica

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

Well Fat Princess was kind of violent compared to Journey. To me them getting characters that Santa Monica has seems lazy like they didn't put that much effort into getting other 1st party characters. But thats just me.

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 2 of 15 (507 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Jan 26, 2013

I'd love to see a Pixeljunk Shooter stage.  I could see it crossing with something like The Last Guy.

NS.png

Message 3 of 15 (489 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1732 posts

Jan 26, 2013

n0rmal94 wrote:

Well Fat Princess was kind of violent compared to Journey. To me them getting characters that Santa Monica has seems lazy like they didn't put that much effort into getting other 1st party characters. But thats just me.

At first that's what I thought, but now that I thought about it a little more I don't really have a problem with it. If they're helping to make this game and their characters are obviously worth something to Playstation then why not have them in? I mean who cares if it's easier really. In my opinion I think that the current Santa Monica characters do deserve their place in this game and so do the ones I mentioned above.

Message 4 of 15 (474 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1087 posts

Jan 26, 2013

n0rmal94 wrote:

Actually, I think the reason Santa Monica characters like Kratos, Sweet Tooth, and Fat Princess had so much prominence early on was that SuperBot and Santa Monica basically used them to pitch the game to Sony with the intent to add more franchises later on.  I agree, though; the other characters should have been given more time to shine.

As for the actual OP, I can see some of those characters being playable in the game (like maybe Lil and Laarg), but I mostly see series like those being represented in other ways, like items or stages.  While Fat Princess was an exception, it seems like PSN-only games just don't get as much attention as retail series, unfortunately.

Message 5 of 15 (462 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

Jan 26, 2013

TubaDude49 wrote:

I'd love to see a Pixeljunk Shooter stage.

I personally want a stage dedicated to PixelJunk Monsters. Imagine all the towers being built up while the Tiki guy fends off AP-damaging monsters.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 6 of 15 (450 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1732 posts

Jan 26, 2013

ItsLuigiTime wrote:

n0rmal94 wrote:

Actually, I think the reason Santa Monica characters like Kratos, Sweet Tooth, and Fat Princess had so much prominence early on was that SuperBot and Santa Monica basically used them to pitch the game to Sony with the intent to add more franchises later on.  I agree, though; the other characters should have been given more time to shine.

As for the actual OP, I can see some of those characters being playable in the game (like maybe Lil and Laarg), but I mostly see series like those being represented in other ways, like items or stages.  While Fat Princess was an exception, it seems like PSN-only games just don't get as much attention as retail series, unfortunately.

While that is usually true, I'm pretty sure Jouney would be one of those very few PSN-only games that managed to somehow get big. I think it might just be the most popular PSN-only game out there right now, someone correct me if I'm wrong. I can see why it's gotten so big, the game is beautiful.

If they don't make it into the roster, I'd hope for them to at least be in as a stage or item like you said, although I'd prefer all three.

Message 7 of 15 (448 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Jan 26, 2013

Negimafan wrote:

TubaDude49 wrote:

I'd love to see a Pixeljunk Shooter stage.

I personally want a stage dedicated to PixelJunk Monsters. Imagine all the towers being built up while the Tiki guy fends off AP-damaging monsters.

I can see that, but I think it would be cool to have some of the fluid dynamics from the game change the stage. (i.e. Lava bombs drop into the water and make new ground, the drill enemies come up and destroy it later)

NS.png

Message 8 of 15 (441 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1732 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

I could probably only see PixelJunk as a stage.

Which game do you think Journey could mash up with for a stage? Or items from either of these titles? 

Message 9 of 15 (417 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

Which game do you think Journey could mash up with for a stage?

I'm not sure what could invade a Journey based stage. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure that if Journey ever invaded another stage, it could involve the Guardians attacking the playing field (that is if the invaded part either involves being underground or in the snow (you probably know what I'm talking about if you have played Journey)).

So yeah. I would really like to see what they could come up with stage-wise. As for items, I'm pretty sure you could have a small scarf as an item. It would have the same duration as the Boots of Hermes and it would have infinite energy for that duration because every time you would run out of energy, the smaller cloth pieces could come out and "recharge". You could fly!

Message 10 of 15 (400 Views)
0 Likes