First Son
13 posts

Re: Sales arent good

Jan 4, 2013
to put it frankly i think they should've delayed release. It just doesn't seem smart business wise to compete with Black Ops 2 (both coming out at the same time). Not to mention I feel completely underwhelmed by the small roster. They could've spent the extra time building up the roster to ATLEAST 25 characters. I look at those 2 rows of characters right now and feel limited to what I can/want to play. Overall the game has really intimate and complex fighting mechanics and I love the stages, but the character selection, loading maps, story playthroughs, opening screen all look flat out terrible. The game seems too rushed.
Message 21 of 40 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 4, 2013
4 years rushed?
Message 22 of 40 (249 Views)
Lombax Warrior
85 posts

Jan 4, 2013
Sony said sales are right where they thought they would be
Message 23 of 40 (248 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jan 4, 2013
i'd also like to point out that it is a MASSIVE waste of potential to add characters into the roster after the game is released. If potential characters like crash/rayman/ cloud were in the roster b4 the release, SB could've built on the initial hype of PSABR to make more sales. Currently the hype of PSABR has died down ( as all games do after release dates) and adding new characters is sort of a waste of time (in terms of PSABR trying to attract new players).

Message 24 of 40 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
85 posts

Jan 4, 2013
But it shows great loyalty to the people who already bought it
I could care less how much this sells
It's being supported that's good enough for me
Message 25 of 40 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

Koudez wrote:
i'd also like to point out that it is a MASSIVE waste of potential to add characters into the roster after the game is released. If potential characters like crash/rayman/ cloud were in the roster b4 the release, SB could've built on the initial hype of PSABR to make more sales. Currently the hype of PSABR has died down ( as all games do after release dates) and adding new characters is sort of a waste of time (in terms of PSABR trying to attract new players).

This. If heavily requested characters like Crash Bandicoot and Cloud ever make it into this franchise, I don't expect them to be DLC for this game. I'd expect Sony/SuperBot to hold them off for the sequel and use them as a selling point. 

Message 26 of 40 (215 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Jan 4, 2013
Agreed, DLC will be for requested characters that are easier to obtain.

Releasing Crash, Cloud, Snake, Sora, Ico etc won't boost sales unless they're on disc and are marketed as such from the get go. Expect a few of those names to make it into the inevitable sequel. Meanwhile, characters like Abe & the King are characters you can expect to see added to the roster in the coming months.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 27 of 40 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Jan 4, 2013
By the way, sales aren't too bad - 0.34 mill (PS3) + 0.11 mill (Vita) = 0.44 mill.

+ Digital Sales (PS3 + Vita) + Japan Sales = ?

I'd approx 0.55 mill atleast with digital sales (considering it was within the top 10 most downloaded PS3 & Vita games on release month), and 0.65 mill after first week release in Japan (including their digital sales).
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 28 of 40 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

Sorry, I went to work since I last posted; I'm surprised more people didn't know, these forums had quite the buzz going when the news released:

Examiner Article

Neogaf community thread, with links to Gamasutra where Superbot accepted applications for the positions.

I'll also edit my original post for those who don't want to go through three pages of posts for source information.

Message 29 of 40 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1361 posts

Jan 4, 2013
-digitals dont count,
-game not out in japan.

next.
Message 30 of 40 (148 Views)
0 Likes