Jan 04 2013
By: pedro702 Wastelander 768 posts

Sales arent good

39 replies 927 views Edited Jan 4, 2013

Acording to vgchartz

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70744/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/

this game only sold  so far 0.340m worldwide, this is pitfull fr a game with this chars and remenber christmas has passed so the sales will be stalle from now on, the game didnt even get to 100 000 in europe its on the 84 000 thats why its so **bleep** hard to find oponents.

i remenber everyone saying that is just the first week the sales will boost later on, i guess not, not even christmas helped this game, for all i see this was a flop even in the us didnt sell that well.

Message 1 of 40 (927 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Re: Sales arent good

Jan 4, 2013

Man, that is a shame. You would think that with it's cross buy feature it would get a boost in sales but no. How very odd...

Photobucket
Message 2 of 40 (910 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

-VG chartz are slow at updating their numbers, relying on NPD releases or numbers straight from the press (which is only sent out if the game meets or exceeds expectations to get those bragging rights to boost sales further.)

-Their numbers don't count digital sales, though I'm sure they weren't large enough to change perspectives, people did take advantage of the game being up for preorder on the playstation store.

-Superbot already recieved the greenlight on making a sequel.

Sources;

Examiner Article

Neogaf community thread, with links to Gamasutra where Superbot accepted applications for the positions.

Yeah, it's no Call of Duty in sales, but what does it matter? Just enjoy the game and leave the numbers for the suits to worry about.

Message 3 of 40 (902 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Jan 4, 2013
Does that include digital versions of the game for both the PS3 and Vita version?

That and it's not released in Japan yet.

The game still sold surprisingly well despite all the triple A titles coming out at the same time as it like Call of Duty.
Message 4 of 40 (899 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Jan 4, 2013
Worldwide?! Guess Japan is not part of this world.
Message 5 of 40 (892 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

I'm pretty sure the sales are doing terrible because they are adding in sucky characters/didnt start off with enough characters (they shouldn't have released the game until they had around 50 characters, well that and halo4/black ops 2 came out around the same time that this game did)

16 Characters that should really be in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale: Hero-Patapon3, Blob-LocoRoco, Abe-Abe's Oddessy, Ari+Stan-Okage, Raziel-Soul Reaver, The King of All Cosmos-Katamari, Alex Mercer-Prototype, Isaac Clarke-Dead Space, Cloud-Final Fantasy VII, Spyro-Spyro, Crash-Crash Bandicoot, Tiki Guy-PixelJunk Monsters, Amaterasu-Ōkami, Mega Man-Mega Man X8, Ratonhnhaké:ton-Assassin's Creed III, Kevin Butler+Marcus PSP

^^^THIS LINK BELOW EXPLAINS WHY THEY SHOULD BE ADDED IN. vvv
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/15-MORE-THAN-DESERVING-NEW-CHARACTER-IDEAS-feedback-is/m-p/39129075#U39129075
Message 6 of 40 (889 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
239 posts

Jan 4, 2013

CaptKnucklesFACT wrote:

I'm pretty sure the sales are doing terrible because they are adding in sucky characters/didnt start off with enough characters (they shouldn't have released the game until they had around 50 characters, well that and halo4/black ops 2 came out around the same time that this game did)

That's probably one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. It's Quality over quanitity dude.Besides, there are many problems that come with having a cast that large such as balancing issues possible clones. If they were to wait until they received 50 characters, then this game would've ended up on the ps4. If you want a large roster, go play MvC with its X-factor crap and SfxT with its many core problems.

Message 7 of 40 (854 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Mind_Less wrote:

Oh? Mind proving that?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 8 of 40 (800 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1813 posts

Jan 4, 2013

wwinterj wrote:

Mind_Less wrote:

Oh? Mind proving that?

This is the internet where nothing has to be proved!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGOODKyle
http://www.twitch.tv/thegoodkyle
Message 9 of 40 (789 Views)
Sackboy
538 posts

Jan 4, 2013

As long as the game profited, sales are fine.

VGchartz doesn't count digital sales. 

Message 10 of 40 (758 Views)
0 Likes