Wastelander
768 posts

Re: Sales arent good

Jan 5, 2013

very few people bought this game in europe thats why its hard to even find people online to battle with since coneections between europens is much better than connection between europe and usa i preety much stop playing the game until kat and emmet appear since nowadys it takes ages to find 4 opoenents and no its not my internet every european ppl i found online said the same thing.

Message 31 of 40 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Jan 5, 2013
I'm in the UK and I connect to multiplayer just fine - quick to join and no lag, save for the occasional match.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 32 of 40 (173 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 5, 2013
reasons why:

1) Roster leaves so much to be desired
2) Connection issues (i get dropped a LOT)
3) Poor choice for the release date (lets face it, FPS will always sell more than fighters now a days *sigh*)
4) sooooo many glitches online. My belts in quick match change colors each time I play. I have not got my titles from Dec yet. Lastly, my character randomly collects 50-60 levels on goals I have already completed. When I go to my next match, the 50-60 points are gone.

The game is very addicting, but they should have polished this up a heck of a lot more before releasing it. I would have released a few months later. If they do not fix their shotty internet issues, I will go play my other fighters and sell this game most likely.
Message 33 of 40 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
146 posts

Jan 5, 2013

There okay, so far. i am sure it will pick up and it has not released in Japan yet,

As more DLC characters get announced there will be slight boost up in Sales. Smiley Very Happy

this game is doing fine at the moment.

Message 34 of 40 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Jan 5, 2013
Roster, as 'poor' as many make it out to be had enough faces the general and casual audience identify, recognise and support. It wasn't the reason the sales are 'low'.

Online problems/glitches/balancing has nothing to do with it, the majority of reviews don't highlight those issues, and the general and casual audience don't give a rats a** about these issues/reviews - they won't even have heard about them. They aren't the reason the sales are 'low'.

Release date ? There's a reason a lot of high profile games choose a release date in the Winter period, it's because games sell well. Look at Hitman, look at Far Cry, look at Dishonored, these are recognisable games to the hardcore, but believe it or not - the casual and general audience may not know much about any of these (to a lesser extent Hitman, to a larger extent Dishonored). All releasing in the same period, and all managing to reach great sales, despite launching close to the juggernaut of sales that is Call of Duty. Why ? Marketing & advertising. These games, along with Assassins Creed have all been advertised heavily and given the marketing support and push they need to peak the casual and general audiences interest, so come release - little John boy goes to the game store, sees the cover and nabs it/asks his Mum to pick it up for him. That's where PSABR fell flat, it had advertisements...sure, but it wasn't pushed to the masses, and instead fell into the shadows, leaving word of mouth and holiday sales to do most of the work.

Keep in mind, the sales aren't poor - or are atleast enough to warrant expansion (given the fact that SuperBot has begun hiring to expand its team), which is great for us. I'm sure the game will hit the one million mark soon, but Sony really needs to give the inevitable sequel a larger push.
Message 35 of 40 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

Jan 6, 2013

in every store i went pasbr was not even on the placee of new games they just shoved it on the cornor and only someone that goes to see all the games will eventually see it  and s o h a i l this games has lots of offline bugs for some ppl like me i cant see good cole lightning, fat princess workers freeze and she cant summon anymore, menu is all buggy you press side once and it goes twice or you press x once and it presses 2 and kuma sometimes doesnt disapear after the super ends  this glitches happen to alot of ppl both offline and online and im not saying what they did when testing an untested patch in the pal region and make the game unplayable for several days.

Message 36 of 40 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Jan 6, 2013

pedro702 wrote:

Acording to vgchartz

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70744/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/

this game only sold  so far 0.340m worldwide, this is pitfull fr a game with this chars and remenber christmas has passed so the sales will be stalle from now on, the game didnt even get to 100 000 in europe its on the 84 000 thats why its so **bleep** hard to find oponents.

i remenber everyone saying that is just the first week the sales will boost later on, i guess not, not even christmas helped this game, for all i see this was a flop even in the us didnt sell that well.

Why are you surprised? This game doesnt deserve to sell well. Hell they even lowered the price by 20 and its still not going to sell well.

Message 37 of 40 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Jan 6, 2013
It doesn't 'deserve' to sell well...why's that, because you didnt like it/got bored of it (as you've stated around the forum time and time again).

@ Pedro, I'm not saying the bugs/glitches aren't there, I'm saying no casual/general gamer would know until AFTER they picked up the game.
Message 38 of 40 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1225 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 6, 2013

400.000 in barely two months for a new fighting IP is bad? What did you expect?

They have more sales than they deserve for the HORRID user interface and lack of modes/story.

Message 39 of 40 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

Jan 6, 2013
i think 400.000 is pretty good for a new ip with bad background (the whole ssb **bleep**)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 40 of 40 (87 Views)
0 Likes