Fender Bender
3293 posts

Re: Sales are officially terrible in the UK

Dec 3, 2012
I am arguing with a wall. And we seem to agree...... but fighting is our nature.

Tekn0, great. I see we also have similar tastes in games, this is the second forum I see you in......... Will you be upset if in fact they were doing 'worse than expected,' and ended up cutting support for the game? I would. THAT sounds a bit too familiar.

this is me helping
Message 51 of 66 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2012

Samokoske wrote:
I am arguing with a wall. And we seem to agree...... but fighting is our nature.

Tekn0, great. I see we also have similar tastes in games, this is the second forum I see you in......... Will you be upset if in fact they were doing 'worse than expected,' and ended up cutting support for the game? I would. THAT sounds a bit too familiar.
Smiley Happy The statement "worse than expected" is not going to happen, but cutting support for the game might.
Even when Starhawk died they simply cancelled LBI's contract and silently the LBI president Jobe tweeted about it hinting at winding up the studio. Even today Sony has not released official sales figures for Starhawk and we all know it bombed in sales. They are not going to say 'worse than expected' either. They did not say that for Starhawk they just did not renew the contract and stop development funding.

All I'm saying is, believing "official" Sony statements regarding sales unless there is some credible facts or figures to back it up is just building or dampening a false sense of security.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 52 of 66 (135 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Dec 3, 2012
There is no reliable way to track sales. The charts based off assumptions are hardly a reliable source, and Sony will never admit if it's bad (even if it's actually doing well).

Biggest indicator will likely be the post launch support via DLC and such.
Message 53 of 66 (129 Views)
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Dec 3, 2012
True, I've seen VGCHartz retrospectively changing the sales figures by over 100%. Sometimes it can be pretty misleading or skewed.
------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 54 of 66 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Dec 3, 2012
1 million overall by New Years, including digital, preorder & Vita sales - that's the likely outcome.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 55 of 66 (109 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Dec 3, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
1 million overall by New Years, including digital, preorder & Vita sales - that's the likely outcome.

I doubt it. I think it will hit 1 million with the Japanese launch, though.

Message 56 of 66 (106 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Dec 3, 2012
Honestly, I don't see the Japaneese sales boosting it up amazingly. 200k at best, unless we somehow get an announcement of some sort about a/some Japan-popular characters i.e. Snake, FF rep etc.
Message 57 of 66 (94 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Dec 3, 2012
And I don't see it hitting 1 mil soon without Japan :/
Message 58 of 66 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Dec 3, 2012
I'm just basing it off the approx numbers pre-digital & preorder sales count. If it manages to hit home during the Christmas week, I don't see why it won't reach 1 million in total, or something along those lines.
Message 59 of 66 (79 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Dec 3, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
I'm just basing it off the approx numbers pre-digital & preorder sales count. If it manages to hit home during the Christmas week, I don't see why it won't reach 1 million in total, or something along those lines.

I guess it depends if this is the type of game that gets consistent sales over time, or if the launch has a good number more than the reguar amount it sells in the month afterward.

Message 60 of 66 (70 Views)
0 Likes