Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Re: Sales are officially terrible in the UK

Dec 3, 2012
Your talking as if the game will be any different if it sells more, relax - its a good game. Like I said in the OP, it's unfortunate that the game isn't doing well in the UK, but it should hopefully reach the 1 million mark.

At retail in the UK, the game sales are terrible though, hence the title.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 41 of 66 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 3, 2012
Either way that one goes, Tekn0, is irrelevant. Superbot and Santa Monica both have an 8 month plan of support based on the sales of this game, which is more than Starhawk got.

this is me helping
Message 42 of 66 (144 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4977 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2012

Hmm... well the only way to know for sure is an official number by Sony And while Vgchartz doesn't track digital sales, I'm guessing that the number might be around 500k which after two weeks of release, and a fighting game, isn't bad. I know we've kinda come to expect that if a game doesn't pull COD figures, it's not successful. But COD is COD and nothing will pull numbers like it does. I'd like to see what boost All-stars gets from the holiday season and then check the figures after a year. Seems the most fighters generate about 1-1.5 million in their cycle.

Message 43 of 66 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Dec 3, 2012
Yup, I hope people don't mistake this thread as me bashing the game. I've covered all these points in the OP, I'm almost certain the sales will be at the 1 million mark by the new year.
Message 44 of 66 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Dec 3, 2012

Samokoske wrote:
Either way that one goes, Tekn0, is irrelevant. Superbot and Santa Monica both have an 8 month plan of support based on the sales of this game, which is more than Starhawk got.

That's not the point. It's relevant because it brings bad press and confirms failure before the game has hardly been released. The contract length of SuperBot is irrelevant. Sony or SuperBot would never make an official statement that the sales were horrible. My reply was to someone claiming "I'm happy because Sony said sales expectations are met". Obviously that is the only thing they are going to say at this point of time. So what is irrelevant is the "official" statements that come out about Sales UNLESS they are actual sales figures.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 45 of 66 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4977 posts

Dec 3, 2012

Samokoske wrote:

It is unfortunate. I believe Starhawk is hovering around the 200k mark for sales,  which is  sad because I think its  a brilliant game.

Message 46 of 66 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 3, 2012
Right now its status has been downgraded to 'cult potential'

this is me helping
Message 47 of 66 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Dec 3, 2012
Sales don't dictate the quality of a game.
Message 48 of 66 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 3, 2012
Tekn0, you're talking about a meta we have no control over. and the philosophy is moot because bad press isn't holding them back. If it were, they'd boast digital sales, and see if they can snowball 'success' but how often does that actually work?

this is me helping
Message 49 of 66 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2012

All I'm saying is believing Sony's "official" statement is naive because they will never publicly state that the game is not selling well.

Bad press *is* holding them back. When did you see the last time Sony or a major corporation come out and make official statements soon after releasing the product that the sales is terrible?

Sony's statement that "Sales have met expectation" is just a meaningless statement in reality because you don't first of all know what expectation targets they set. Secondly even if it did not meet their expectation they are not going to make a statement about it.

My point is, don't really go by this official statement that "Sales met expectation". It's standard and empty statements. This does not mean the game is a flop or selling poorly it just means that we have to wait a bit and get more extrapolated figures from various sources in order to make a somewhat accurate guess of what the exact sales figures have been. I doubt Sony will actually release sales figures including digital ones. They have no real need to.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 50 of 66 (100 Views)
0 Likes