Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Re: Sales are officially terrible in the UK

Dec 3, 2012
I think everyone has a right to succumbing to their pleasures. Call of Duty purchasers always get trashed for being fanboys or conformists - which is ridiculous. If they're having fun with it, then the purpose of gaming is being fulfilled. If they're not expanding ruins that, then they're missing out, but by no means are they any less of gamers then the rest of us.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 21 of 66 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Dec 3, 2012
That wasn't necessarily directed at your comment - just a mini rant about my views on people bashing the Call of Duty fanbase.
Message 22 of 66 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
I think everyone has a right to succumbing to their pleasures. Call of Duty purchasers always get trashed for being fanboys or conformists - which is ridiculous. If they're having fun with it, then the purpose of gaming is being fulfilled. If they're not expanding ruins that, then they're missing out, but by no means are they any less of gamers then the rest of us.

If they are having fun with it, I don't really care and they are no less gamers than the rest of us.

What I hate is CoD fanboys knocking on other games, like there was this thread in the Starhawk forums from some CoD fanboys that Starhawk shuold be made an FPS. How ridiculous is that? If they want FPS ask them to stay with CoD.

I've played a lot of FPS (on PCs mostly) and the ones I enjoyed the most are Unreal Tournaments and Quake and a little bit of CS. Personally, I'm really tired of FPS in general, although Halo is the only thing that interests me because it reminds me of Unreal (futuristic, fully coloured opponents and easy to distinguish etc.) but sadly on the PS3 I prefer third person games especially since the field-of-view on most FPSs is so crap on consoles.

I wish PS3 had way more side-scrolling action shooters/platformers. Rayman Origins is amazing and by far the best one, but I guess if I really wanted platforming I should go to Nintendo. I would if Nintendo did not region lock their consoles.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 23 of 66 (144 Views)
Splicer
67 posts

Dec 3, 2012

I feel this game is going to become a cult classic of sorts. Still, hope it sells better elsewhere, or that they make like a GotY edition with tons of new content for everyone else and make a better advertising for that one.

Message 24 of 66 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1654 posts

Dec 3, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Yeah, out of all adverts they picked that one to distribute.

Actually, I like the ad. I was referring to the fact that it's not been on TV AT ALL where I am. If it has, I haven't seen it.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 25 of 66 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Dec 3, 2012
I'm with you on Rayman Origins (the game was a blast, but the graphics took the show), got the game for both PS3 & Vita - the Vita versions best for it, it plays and looks great.

@bob Yeah, I haven't seen it much - honestly I think they'd have been better of with the TGS trailer, with more gameplay & character variety. This trailer leaves newbies confused as to what exactly they've just watched lol.
Message 26 of 66 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Dec 3, 2012
I just ordered R & C Q-Force and Rayman Origins for the Vita.

I've still not given up hope that Rayman might make it to PSASBR some day.
------
Message 27 of 66 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Dec 3, 2012
You need to jump on the PS Plus deal while it lasts ! £7.99 for 3 months is a great deal. I'd jump on it if my Plus subscription wasn't already set until next September...although hell I may add 3 months on to that for the price.
Message 28 of 66 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Dec 3, 2012
I'm considering it but I don't expect to game much in the next 3 months though. For a whole month I'll be away on vacations with family and after that I'll have some other stuff that won't give me much time to game.

Right now I have a lot of unplayed games still, like I've just put Borderlands 2 on the back burner, need to play it sometime.
------
Message 29 of 66 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Dec 3, 2012

I love the game but I knew it wasn't gunna sell much with all those key true playstation characters missing and giving us third party characters that only served to advertise those companies up and coming games.

Crash, Spryo , Cloud don't no how many times those 3 characters names have popped up through countless forums i've seen on this game. Unless they can get those characters the game will never be a True "Ps all stars", more like "Ps some stars"

Message 30 of 66 (113 Views)