Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 28 2012
By: Derek1271996 Wastelander 797 posts
Accepted Solution

Sackboys supers are...bad

37 replies 1020 views Edited Sep 28, 2012

I've been rewatching some of the character trailers, and when I got to Sackboy's, I noticed that his supers are pretty bad in terms of how many kills he can get with one super.

His level 1 super can probably only get 2 kills at the most, I doubt there would ever be a situation where his level 1 got more than 2.

His level 2 super could get three kills, but unless he used it quickly, people would dodge out of the way.

His level 3 is bad too, because it only limits him to 3 kills with it, and that's if you use it correctly and get everyone. At least with cinimatic supers you have a garunteed three kills. With Sackboys, his level 3 could possibly get less kills than his level 2.

With Kratos and Big Daddy, you have the potential to get 3 - 6 kills with your level 3 super, but Sackboys super lets you barely get 3 if you're lucky.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

Message 1 of 38 (1,020 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
797 posts

Re: Sackboys supers are...bad

Sep 28, 2012

The only way I could see him as a character worth using is if he gained AP very fast, meaning using more supers in order to stay on par with the other characters.

Message 2 of 38 (1,015 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Sep 28, 2012

lol... Sackboy gonna be dangerous in 2v2 and 1v1's. FFA he will suck **bleep**

Message 3 of 38 (1,008 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6393 posts

Sep 28, 2012
You do know his level one is random right? It can get three kills if PaRappa's can and that has the shortest range of them all. I can agree with his level 2 but they altered his level 3 so he can get more than three kills.
Message 4 of 38 (993 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
518 posts

Sep 28, 2012
In some ways i think your right but at the same time i think Sackboy could get 3 Kills with both is lv.1 and lv.2 when used right and if everyone is clustered together. His Level 3 is unique and awesome! I know it limits to 3 KOs but you also are able to get AP and Weapons.. to keep building which no other character has that in their super. Sackboy will hopefully be stronger, he looks a bit clunky and too mechanical. they need to make him more user friendly and easy to play.

BTW where is his Paintinator gun? I was so expecting to be using that. Also does anyone know how many characters he dresses up as for his lv. 1? so far i have seen Parappa, Drake, and Maybe Cole.. it would be cool if he could dress up as everyone IMO
Message 5 of 38 (983 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5382 posts

Sep 28, 2012
lvl 1:your correct
lvl 2: wrong, you can place them anywhere you want and the physics of it allow for it to (if dropped on a platform) fall to the ground and hit players below the platform (like it should)

lvl 3: WRONG...dude he gets kills, items and A TON of AP from this, any more kills and he'd be OP
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 6 of 38 (973 Views)
Wastelander
797 posts

Sep 28, 2012

mtjjrstccw1 wrote:
lvl 1:your correct
lvl 2: wrong, you can place them anywhere you want and the physics of it allow for it to (if dropped on a platform) fall to the ground and hit players below the platform (like it should)

lvl 3: WRONG...dude he gets kills, items and A TON of AP from this, any more kills and he'd be OP

Any videos of him kicking **bleep** with his lvl 3?

And I still don't see how his lvl 2 is worth using.

Message 7 of 38 (963 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Sep 28, 2012
i can see his lvl 2 being the hardest thing to avoid. Your not going to be able to roll out of the way with his lvl 2. Catch rolls and air dodges with it
Message 8 of 38 (946 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
759 posts

Sep 28, 2012
I also believe that his level 2 stays on the stage for a minute. If so then it has potential for than if you can force the right situation. (level 2 + fan/cake combo)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Colossal King
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Gravity Queen
Message 9 of 38 (917 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2885 posts

Sep 28, 2012

I agree, unless like someone said if he can gain AP quickly and bust out level 1's and 2's with rapid succession. If he can't then he's helpless in FFA.

Message 10 of 38 (898 Views)
0 Likes