Jan 15 2013
By: Thirty3Three Treasure Hunter 5693 posts

Sackboy still needs a nerf...

[ Edited ]
15 replies 340 views Edited Jan 15, 2013

His level 3, that is. Everything else is fine.

It goes on way too long. He killed me 3 times in that super. He got from about 5-8 kills. WOW.

I can think of a few things to tone his Level 3 down:

-Reduce the Super "time". - It goes on WAY too long... longer than most level 3s.

-Have people respawn OUTSIDE of bubbles.

It's quite aggrivating when he spams his cake, you're winning the match with max lives; he executes ONE level 3, and kills everyone with that one super and ultimately wins the game with ONE super execusion...

SuperBot even said, the rule of thumb is

If you want the levels to be considered successful or regular:

Level 1 = 1 kill

Level 2 = 2 kills

Level 3 = 3 kills

Anything above is above average. That's what they've stated. And Sackboy's level 3 most DEFINITELY needs a nerf.

This is what I mean when I say "Don't just nerf a character's AP gain" - if they did that with Kratos, he'd still be hella cheap...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 1 of 16 (340 Views)
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Re: Sackboy still needs a nerf...

Jan 15, 2013

The only way to get 3 kills is if you're right under or next to the enemy that he's practically inside your belly, otherwise you won't get 3 kills from the same person. Also, his lv 3 isn't the best in wide/platformy stages like Black Rock and Sandover etc.

It's deserving enough getting Sack's lv 3. People usually go for the Rocket kill-confirm.

Message 2 of 16 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
818 posts

Jan 15, 2013
Nope. AP gain differs from character to character. AP cost differs from character to character. Not only is Sackboy's Level 3 higher than average cost, but he also has difficult time racking AP, as well as this is made to be one of his few large advantages. HIs level 3 is debatably his only above-average super, whereas characters like Raiden may have 3.
Message 3 of 16 (313 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jan 15, 2013
He can still get it very fast if he spams.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 4 of 16 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
616 posts

Jan 15, 2013
Sackboy isn't a good character anymore. If he got his level 3 he deserved it.

Also about the rule of thumb thing, a good amount of level 2's can easily get 3 kills such as Parappa, Raiden, etc. All but screen clear level 3's and fat princess get more than 3 kills with their level 3 if they use it correctly.
Message 5 of 16 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
810 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Thirty3Three wrote:
He can still get it very fast if he spams.

OMG LMFAO LULZ QQ WTL etc. etc.

Sackboy is one of- if not the only- character(s) that you cannot get to level 3 with spamming. 

His level 3 lasts just long enough to get 5-6 kills and can only get 7 in some very rare instances. 

Chances are you either play as raiden kratos or drake- otherwise you'd be here complaining about how those characters can actually hit level 3 with simple spamming. 

*I speak from experience* ---^

Message 6 of 16 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jan 15, 2013
I main GCole. But you can spam with the Sack.

Cakes, especially, when it's fast-paced. You'll run into them while concentrating on others. But yeah, he can spam.
Message 7 of 16 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Jan 15, 2013
The fact that he was able to build up enough AP to use his lvl 3 is completely urs and whoever else's fault. He builds AP like a snail after the patch. Yes it may go on longer than others and it may be a pain but he deserves it for being good enough to build the meter.
Message 8 of 16 (243 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1151 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2013

Sackboy doesnt need anymore nerfs. I know his level 3 super allows him to get 7 kills but have to keep in mind that his level 1 is nothing compare to raidens or slys, them both can get 7 kills easily with their level 1's. If sackboy can only get 3 kills with his level 3 then he would completly be the most underused character afterwords. 

Message 9 of 16 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Yeah I still hate his Level 3, even when I play as Sackboy, I never go for it, nor do I spam. That can't be said about other Sack players.

I haven't gotten killed by Sackboy's Level 3 since the patch, It seems when a Sackboy is present on the stage, especially during FFA. players (FINALLY) make it a point to kill him off first, and/or to grab him if he keeps spamming.

It's not easy since he has so many ways to escape being grabbed. Stupid Down+Triangle.

Message 10 of 16 (224 Views)