Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Re: Sackboy's nerf to strong

Dec 9, 2012

KarateChampChad wrote:
Nope, it was needed. It'll teach the Sackboy spammers to grow a pair and fight rather than sit in a corner and shoot cakes the whole match.

This. 

Sackboy was so overpowered that players that clearly sucked using him were getting level three specials easy.  All three of Sackboys levels were cheaper to acquire than Drake's.  Now all of Sackboys levels are very slightly more than Drake's(maybe one attack more. 

Although Sackboy's AP burst combo that a lot of people use doesn't do an AP burst now.  Down+O(electric pad,) neutral square, square(b*smack uppercut,) up+Square(claw grab,) forward+triangle(jetpack,) neutral O(cake.)  Previously it was an AP burst, getting 100+25.  Because the cake is five less points it only gets 95.  Doesn't do the AP burst, doesn't get the extra 25.  I wouldn't want to waste my time going for that long combo if I'm not going to get the extra benefit out of it.  To fix it, Superbot needs to add five points to the claw grab or five points to the weak jetpack.

Message 31 of 34 (189 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Dec 11, 2012

this is true, sack boy is meant to have stage control. most of his moves are projecttiles, and the ones that arnt have weird hit boxes, no range, and/or slow start up. Nerfing the jam session was needed but to not boost anything toward combos to help inspire others to try to get in is disappointing. up+ triangle is probably the most under used move in the game. and with the cake being nerfed, sackboys best combo is nerfed as well.

Message 32 of 34 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Dec 11, 2012

Why is it that people think that a character with excellent zoning and run away gameplay also needs massive combos that pure rushdown characters with no ability to use long distance attacks also have in order for the character to be good?

People want Sackboy's level 3 to cost the same amount of AP as Parappa's level 3? Really? Increasing Sackboy's level 3 to 750 AP instead of 600 AP just made it so that Sackboy's level 3 supers cost the same amount of AP as other characters that potentially score more than 1 kill per player with their level 3. Sackboy is one of the rare characters that can actually get 3 kills per player with their level 3 if they play their cards right. Parappa's level 3 costs 600 AP while Kratos's level 3 costs 750 AP.

Message 33 of 34 (150 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Dec 13, 2012

i could agree with this statement how ever if sackboy doesnt have to range or means to combo how would he gain ap? he main combo which already wiff'd on some of the cast because of weird hit boxes not does even less ap than before. and his zoning tool is nerfed.  Taking so much from sackboy with out helping him play like a fighting game character when people complained of his camping is harsh.   I wouldnt be so upset if they boosted the tracking on his grappling hook a bit so it could connect on more characters. 

Message 34 of 34 (136 Views)
0 Likes