Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Re: Sackboy's nerf to strong

[ Edited ]
Dec 9, 2012

The nerf is fine, try using his other moves for a change instead of crying foul. I already bumped into a sackboy who had no issues hitting level 3 and getting his usual kills (though I somehow managed to float to safety for once)

It's amazing, but he does have other attacks then jelly and cake. This nerf just makes you realize that. Sorry there's no easy win any more.

Edit: I'm baffled that sackboys are whining when they still have a decent level 1 and a great level 2. Wah wah wah I may have to learn a actual set up and combo now boohoo

Message 21 of 34 (219 Views)
Wastelander
616 posts

Dec 9, 2012
^we're you blocking and punishing him as well as grabbing him?

It sounds like you weren't as it's extremely easy to deny him that level 3 now.
Message 22 of 34 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Dec 9, 2012
Nah, he actually used different moves such as the jetpack dash and if anyone tried to grab him he'd bounce pad them away as well as utilize his teleports. He was pretty good for the most part, minus a few mistakes here and there.
Message 23 of 34 (211 Views)
Splicer
45 posts

Dec 9, 2012

The nerf was needed, plain and simple. I think the thing with Sackboys level 3 is that there was virtually no way to defend yourself. U turn into a bubble, die, respond as a bubble, die again. No way of defense. So the nerf was incredibly necessary and justly. Now more thought has to be put into the character than ur simple stand in the back and shoot killer cakes. 

At least with the other lvl 3s u can potentially evade if your good enough, which I have done plenty of times, such as evading a Kratos' lvl 3. Just gotta time ur evade correctly. 

Photobucket
Message 24 of 34 (203 Views)
Wastelander
810 posts

Dec 9, 2012

Keneticam wrote:

The nerf was needed, plain and simple. I think the thing with Sackboys level 3 is that there was virtually no way to defend yourself. U turn into a bubble, die, respond as a bubble, die again. No way of defense. So the nerf was incredibly necessary and justly. Now more thought has to be put into the character than ur simple stand in the back and shoot killer cakes. 

At least with the other lvl 3s u can potentially evade if your good enough, which I have done plenty of times, such as evading a Kratos' lvl 3. Just gotta time ur evade correctly. 

Kratos is only character that dodge and evade work with. 

I'd like to see you upload a video in which you are shown evading Big Daddy/sweet tooth/ Cole/ female kratos/ radec/ Jak level 3.

Message 25 of 34 (197 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1079 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 9, 2012

CatatonicAlex wrote:

Keneticam wrote:

Kratos is only character that dodge and evade work with. 

I'd like to see you upload a video in which you are shown evading Big Daddy/sweet tooth/ Cole/ female kratos/ radec/ Jak level 3.

Big daddy: Just get as high as you can right before he uses his lvl 3

Sweet tooth: Shouldnt be a problem if you know his moves

Cole: Can pretty much get you a garanteed kill for each character although tough to get more than 3.

Nariko: No problem AT ALL if your know her moves.

Radec: Yes i agree... hes cheap as a **** Smiley Very Happy

Jak: Can be dodged but VERY tough if your fighting a decent Jak player.

Sack boy is actually the only character i think that can get up to 9 kills. :\

all stars photo psasbr2_zpsc1059804.png

My raiden over all your mains.
#PSASBR2
Message 26 of 34 (182 Views)
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Dec 9, 2012
It's hard to get his level three now because how easy it was at first and you can win a game using it.
ape escape. Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 27 of 34 (176 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

i

Dec 9, 2012

i agree that sackboy needed to be nerfed but i think it shouldve been the meter increase or the spam decrease not both. sackboy is meant to have stage control. since he isnt combo oriented i think it was over kill from you people that dont know where the block button is.

Message 28 of 34 (172 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Dec 9, 2012
I dunno why they whine about helpless about sacks lv3... Big daddys leave you helpless also.. And the hitbox on narikos lv3 plus the extendable, if o is pressed before the timer runs out. I have never gotten 9 kills with sackboy lv3 (unless dojo). I easily get 9 with nariko lv3 triangle swing on almost every level, other than little big buzz, and black rock
Message 29 of 34 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
408 posts

Dec 9, 2012

Yeah. I agree. He doesn't generate enough AP to reach his level 2 or level 3 super. I switched who I mained because he is practically useless now. A nerf was need but what he received was overkill.

Message 30 of 34 (148 Views)
0 Likes