First Son
3 posts

Re: Sackboy needs nerfed asap

Nov 28, 2012
@CalDW19940
He can duck under the magnum, and the minigun starts firing too low to hit him before I get caked. I've yet to find any use for the minigun. Maybe if it started firing horizontally it'd be a decent attack, but as it stands I can't seem to hit anything with it aside from groups of unsuspecting players.
Message 61 of 74 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
547 posts

Nov 28, 2012
Some people are trying to compare ffa to 1v1. I didn't buy this game for 1v1 I have plenty odd fighting games for that. No matter what you do Sacks is going to get at least 1 level 3 and 6 kills. You people saying you can float to the top well he'll throw that chain at you, you can only go so far.
Message 62 of 74 (211 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Nov 28, 2012
@ Glutespeed The Magnum is used to fire through and destroy the cake and the jam balls but don't try using it too much just use it sparingly to annoy him when he tries to get away. The minigun can be used with the Barrel as a backup and in the air too, can't really deal with cake like the Magnum but if he's blindly throwing jam balls or setting up camp in the corner with a fan or trap Drakes minigun should be hitting him during the fan or traps recovery, if not it destroys the trap as he's blocking it while Drake is still safe. Chucking the grenade launcher shots can be a bit of an odd one but it can work too.

Cover using the chest high wall is still really important once you're at a distance that the AK loop will work but not close enough to make the sackboy player think he should start trying to jump over you. Usually at the right distance the Magnum and AK loop are enough to annoy Sackboy into either trying to jump over you to get away or do something stupid like try to grab you to which you can attack him for trying, throw him or if you have the meter use Drakes level 2 when he attempts to jump away because of it's lingering large hitbox making it hard for him to try and air dodge without landing on it or inside it.
Message 63 of 74 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Let's get one thing clear.  Ppl complaining that sackboy's level 3 is the best in the game.  Any character that doesn't have a cutscene level 3 can do the same thing, especially Radec and Ratchet who just have to aim at you and the reticule moves way faster than sackboy could. 

Message 64 of 74 (209 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

@Neptunes78 That's like saying "I didn't buy COD to play objective games". You may not have but others will have and so there will be class setups in the game that work better for objectives while others for TDM so don't just think that because one mode is popular than the other that a character must be changed as a whole for just that one game mode. It's the same with this game.

And again Sackboy doesn't suddenly gain any drastic changes in FFA he just gets ignored by players fighting in a group letting him just spam cake in a corner then everyone wonders how he got a level 3 even though no one exactly stopped him.

Message 65 of 74 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
547 posts

Nov 28, 2012
@CalDW19940 The comparison you made didn't make sense, if I don't want to play objective based games in CoD then I won't. What I'm saying is people are making comparison to how easy Sacks is on 1v1 when people are talking ffa and probably 2v2. The arguments are all valid Sacks builds meter way fast can get 7 kills with his level 3 and can get it twice on 1 match no matter how much you focus on him he's going to get at least one. Ever other character's level 3 you can attempt to avoid. His makes you a slow moving bubble that can't get outta range because of that hook. Level 3 should have a risk vs reward factor with Sacks there is no risk just wins.
Message 66 of 74 (191 Views)
Survivor
2456 posts

Nov 28, 2012
the mini gun destroys the electric pad quite quickly, and the fan blocks the barrels yes, but then drake can destroy the fan with the mini gun, or his grenades, or his ak.
Message 67 of 74 (186 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Nov 28, 2012
@Neptunes Again, Sackboys general playstyle of zoning doesn't change but everyone in FFA will just attack whoever is nearest to them so whenever characters like Ratchet, Sackboy, Jak, Nathan or Radec get some distance and just start building meter with ranged attacks no one will imediantly think of going to attack them when they have a Kratos or Raiden standing within their attack range. Same with 2vs2 you're going to attack the enemy team mate who's closer rather than go after the guy at the back.

I've gone through several matches against sackboys and only ever seen him activate his level 3 a few times but never have I seen it twice in one match. I simply just don't give Sackboy a chance to start building meter or I throw him loads so he can't do any supers at all. The same way I'd try to control the space between me and PaRappa to try and avoid his best close range attacks. I'm attacking them in the areas they aren't good in.
Message 68 of 74 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
547 posts

Nov 28, 2012
Seriously, quit talking about zoning and spacing lire its relevant in this game. It's not I nation Radec I move from one side of the map trying to avoid cqc so I can snipe like crazy. Sacks does the same thing only better. If you haven't seen Sacks bust 2 level 3s your messing a truly spectacular sight. He's already owning the match usually with 6 kills maybe 1 death because he wasn't paying attention but just to put a stamp on it he gets another 7 kills while the test of is have been playing for 2nd place.
Message 69 of 74 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
547 posts

Nov 28, 2012
Sorry about grammar and spelling I'm posting from my phone swipe + auto correct Smiley Sad
Message 70 of 74 (166 Views)
0 Likes