PlayStation MVP
6396 posts

Re: Sackboy needs nerfed asap

Nov 28, 2012
People have to think when playing against Sackboy, which in most cases people don't. They just run straight into our electric pads or cakes like we want them to. Everey character has a way to beat Sackboy, and have you see the startup on his jam and recovery on his cakeinator? His electric pad only build 5 ap! Oh yeah that is definetely scarier than the other stun moves that aren't destroyable. I actually 1v1 a PaRappa player where everytime I randomly threw out an electric pad, he destroyed it. I had to plan on when to use it and not get harassed by him, but 90% of Sackboy players only know spam (zoning) and nothing else. If people played other online fighting games, they would see that it will not take long to figure out how to get through a character. Heck look at Radec, everyone was complaining about him, and now after so many betas no one does.
Message 51 of 74 (222 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2415 posts

Nov 28, 2012
Ginta, exactly. Everytime you shoot the cakinator sackboy falls down from the recoil -.- i guess that's OP.
Message 52 of 74 (217 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Nov 28, 2012
I just tried my first online battle as Nariko against 2 Sackboys. You know what? Nariko seems to be a horrible matchup for him, why? Her chain grab range and projectiles stuff so much of his keep away options. If you're all having that much trouble getting in on Sackboy then just pull him towards you instead :L
Message 53 of 74 (205 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

@CalDW19940
I play Drake and using guns mid combo doesn't break the platform. You might catch one with a bullet as it's going down, but this typically only happens if the Sackboy drops a platform in response to an in-progress AK47 approach, which is silly. The only shots that can hit it reliably are aerial tranq gun (which isn't used in combos), and the grenade launcher, which must be used from a distance and again isn't used in combos. Low attacks don't necessarily break it either. Drake's slide tackle certainly doesn't, and it definitely should.

@GnomeWizard
How do you propose I approach Sackboy as Drake? If I come from above with the zipline or falling rocks, I'll get grappled by the extending arm.

If I approach with the AK47, the bullets are not going to destroy the platform, so even if I get in to close range with the advancing or swinging AK47, I can't actually combo sackboy because my primary combo tools, the slide tackle and the flying punch, will almost invariably carry me into the platform. Moreover, this assumes that I approach successfully with the AK47 in the first place. Half the time an AK47 approach will be stopped by the fan or the jetpack tackle anyway.

Barrels don't really work either. Yes they destroy the platform, and yes they set Sackboy up for combos. However they are often stopped by the fan, clash with cake, or clash with the jetpack. In the event that they clash with the jetpack, the barrel will send Sackboy flying, depriving me of any combo ability and netting me a measly 10 AP.

And after all that, if I do get into close range successfully, and there's no platform down, he can still drop another in 1 frame if I'm not already hitting him, which will stop any combo before it starts and give him 150 AP. Or he can just teleport away. 

Message 54 of 74 (199 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

@Glutespread

Drakes tackle doesn't extend his hit box like a kick would he just charges his whole body forward which puts him too far above the trap to hit it.

Drake has his magnum and minigun which eat up Sackboys projectiles, if he's sitting in a corner then approach him enough to annoy him with the magnum and eventually he'll try to roll away again or jump over you which is your chance to attack. I often use this tactic with Fat Princess by summoning a mage to force him out if I choose to not be direct and just send a knight in and it works well with Drake too.

Use the Barrel as a means of cover, if you can send one out then walk behind it then it's going to absorb the trap and protect you from his projectiles while you set up for a combo.

Drakes chest high wall is useful too as it protects him from Sackboys projectiles and you can perform the AK loop without having to get close to him or get too far away which is an easy 150ap and super setup.

Message 55 of 74 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
596 posts

Nov 28, 2012

I 100% agree with this. No matter how much I try. No matter how much stratagy I make, a spamming sackboy ALWAYS gets his level 3 and wins.

Message 56 of 74 (194 Views)
Survivor
2383 posts

Nov 28, 2012
i dont care about the ap gain or whatever but his lvl 3 is ridiculous it guarantees 4+ kills it is by far the best super in the game
and the whole dont let him get to a lvl 3 is retarted i try not to but whenever i throw him some idiot attacks me so i cant finish the throw
he is the only character who i deliberately go out of my way to **bleep** off his player even if it means my loss
Monkey D. Luffy (one piece) "I'm the man who's going to be the Pirate King!"
Guts (berserk) " I've never expected a miracle. I will get things done myself. "
Message 57 of 74 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5382 posts

Nov 28, 2012
ok so your telling me there is absolutely no way around his electric pad? dude his close range attacks are weak, compared to other characters, his close range sucks
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 58 of 74 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Sackboy seems fine to me. Not just saying this because he's my friend's main, but seeing as his only really good super is his level 3, it's usually the other players' fault for letting him get it. Soon enough, people will catch on and not ignore Sackboy so much when he's camping in his corner. For now, I'll enjoy using his cakes as free ammunition to fire at people using PaRappa's skateboard-batting move (triangle). I actually used that to hit a cake at the sackboy's team mate, stopping him from landing a level 1 super on my brother. That was awesome.

Every character has some sort of weakness.

The same thing happened in the beta with Radec being a sniper spammer, but now a Radec player is lucky to be able to get away from people to be able to snipe like that.

People just need to adjust to it. Considering there are so many Sackboys now, it shouldn't be too long.

Whenever I see a sackboy who has at least a level 2 super, I let the grab-spamming commence! :smileyvery-happy:

And in response to the Sly-complaining on page one, my brother plays as Sly and never goes invisible. We usually end up having 12+ kills as a team, per match, and he just recently hit level 999 and he's at his 2v2 black belt.

Message 59 of 74 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9807 posts

Nov 28, 2012
LOL just played as sackboy... it was a bug, I meant to pick E. Cole but I spent a lot of the match trying to learn how to throw the shock pad, fan, cake and gum... hell I didn't even get sackboys full setup going and got a level 3 super. Once they foundout though it became harder...disconnected at my second level 2...

Was hella fun though, being able to joke around while the guys on the others mics sighed in frustration. Just throwing cake and gum all over LOL.
Message 60 of 74 (175 Views)
0 Likes