Survivor
2456 posts

Re: Sackboy needs nerfed asap

Nov 28, 2012
sackboy's projectiles and be hit with basic attacks. unlike radecs sniper which if you're not paying attention to just hits you across the map, his cake his slow and huge, you can hit it easily, his bouncy ball thing takes longer to start up and is a little better but you can still hit it rather easily. have any of you even tried to hit or counter his cakes? jeeez if Sackboy gets nerfed, I'm going to be seriously disappointed with this community.
Message 41 of 74 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Nov 28, 2012
Radec sniper at long range can beat anything Sackboy has at long range. Sackboy has to close in on Radec in order to get hits, because his sniper destroys the fan, jam, and cake. He doesn't even need to worry about the electric pad, since he isn't going to over there and get hit by it. Why does no one exploit this? Not only that but Radec's level 3 always get 6 kills no matter what, I have seen people get away in the bubbles to where you have to chae them. Stages like Invasion do not work out in Sackboy's favor, but no matter what stage Radec always get 6 kills.
Message 42 of 74 (291 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

@O-EXTRA No he doesn't, Kratos, Dante, Big Daddy, Nariko, PaRappa, Fat Princess, Sir Daniel, Sly, Raiden, Sweet tooth, Good Cole, Evil Cole, Toro and Heihachi all dump on Sackboy at close range since Sackboys melee is so slow and short ranged with very few combos and no decent way to land his level 1.

Normal throws beat his suplex so even characters like Radec can still do well at close range when fighting him since a throw can beat his grab.

The trap is destroyable also, everyone complains about this but all you have to do is cover yourself or just hit it. Kratos, Sir Daniel and Big Daddy can use their side charge attacks to just plow through it and hit Sackboy, Sly's electric ball destroys it, Toro's scorpian style slide attack goes through it, Fat Princess' mages and knights will break it and so on and so on. Most importantly is that YOU CAN BLOCK IT and if you do he's VULNERABLE to attack because of it's slow recovery.

The only reason you're annoyed at him is because he just takes advantage of characters in FFA while they fight in a group and no one ever seems to decide to just go after him. Believe me when 2 or 3 players chase Sackboy there is practically nothing he can do except stall for a while trying to use his trap.

Message 43 of 74 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Nov 28, 2012

mtjjrstccw1 wrote:
NO SACKBOY SHOULD NOT BE NERFED! HE IS PERFECT THE WAY HE IS! HE NEEDS TO GAIN THAT MUCH AP BECAUSE HE IS ABSOLUTELY USELESS IN CLOSE RANGE! JUST SHUT UP AND GET BETTER AT THE GAME, LEARN STRATEGIES TO COMBAT SACKBOY PLAYERS, NOT THAT HARD!

He's "useless" at close range eh? Sooooo I guess he can't just spam the trap AT CLOSE RANGE, stun you, then either cakeinator you or (wait for it) use his close range combo that give 100+ AP (due to the full combo bonus)!

Yeah you're right....he's horrible at close range.

Message 44 of 74 (276 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
387 posts

Nov 28, 2012
Useless at close range!? **bleep**!!!
When in doubt, freak 'em out.
Message 45 of 74 (268 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 28, 2012

I love how Sackboy's defenders actually try to suggest that he's bad at close range. His stun platform comes out in 1 frame. Even if you hit him before the animation finishes, that platform will go down and you'll be stunned. It's the fastest attack in the game, any time you can go to attack him he can put one down to stop you, and he can combo from the platform for about 150 AP. Moreover, the platform often prevents you from comboing Sackboy, because your attempts to combo him will often lead you into it if he's anywhere near it (and he will be, because what reason does he have not to camp around his platform?).

Sackboy is the best ranged character and quite probably the best close range character too thanks to that platform. 

Message 46 of 74 (255 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Nov 28, 2012

CalDW19940 wrote:

@O-EXTRA No he doesn't, Kratos, Dante, Big Daddy, Nariko, PaRappa, Fat Princess, Sir Daniel, Sly, Raiden, Sweet tooth, Good Cole, Evil Cole, Toro and Heihachi all dump on Sackboy at close range since Sackboys melee is so slow and short ranged with very few combos and no decent way to land his level 1.

Normal throws beat his suplex so even characters like Radec can still do well at close range when fighting him since a throw can beat his grab.

The trap is destroyable also, everyone complains about this but all you have to do is cover yourself or just hit it. Kratos, Sir Daniel and Big Daddy can use their side charge attacks to just plow through it and hit Sackboy, Sly's electric ball destroys it, Toro's scorpian style slide attack goes through it, Fat Princess' mages and knights will break it and so on and so on. Most importantly is that YOU CAN BLOCK IT and if you do he's VULNERABLE to attack because of it's slow recovery.

The only reason you're annoyed at him is because he just takes advantage of characters in FFA while they fight in a group and no one ever seems to decide to just go after him. Believe me when 2 or 3 players chase Sackboy there is practically nothing he can do except stall for a while trying to use his trap.

1. I mainly play 2v2 and that's where I run into him the most....and I cringe at the 2 Sackboy teams.

2. I'll use someone else's post to set you straight:

Glutespread:

I love how Sackboy's defenders actually try to suggest that he's bad at close range. His stun platform comes out in 1 frame. Even if you hit him before the animation finishes, that platform will go down and you'll be stunned. It's the fastest attack in the game, any time you can go to attack him he can put one down to stop you, and he can combo from the platform for about 150 AP. Moreover, the platform often prevents you from comboing Sackboy, because your attempts to combo him will often lead you into it if he's anywhere near it (and he will be, because what reason does he have not to camp around his platform?).

Sackboy is the best ranged character and quite probably the best close range character too thanks to that platform.

Message 47 of 74 (245 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

@ Glutespread It's unsafe on block so you block it then punish him. Have you ever played street fighter? Ever heard people complain about the shoryuken/dragon punch type moves? Fast attacks with priority but horrible recovery time? People learned to just block it? Yeah this is the same thing.

It may be fast but it's predictable and Sackboy is vulnerable if blocked, and even if he stands near it you can break it with any low attack which a lot of characters will use in a combo to extend it anyway. Armored attacks like Big Daddies charges will break it too completely ignoring it while characters who use projectiles mid combo like Nathan or Fat Princess with her knights will break it and hit Sackboy also.

As for long range Radec still outright wins against Sackboy since he can destroy all his projectiles whilst still being able to hit Sackboy. In fact ANYONE can destroy his projectiles or just block them.

This is coming from a Fat Princess, Sweet Tooth and Sir Daniel player and I've never had any major trouble with Sackboy players, only time it's an issue is if other players are intereupting me trying to attack him and that's it and that's the nature of the game.

Message 48 of 74 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2456 posts

Nov 28, 2012
^^You're acting like his electric pad is unstoppable^^ why run right into him? is that really the best strategy you can come up with. break the electric pad, or wait til he sets one up and then try to attack him while not getting close to it. plenty of other characters have stuns that do the same as his, cole, evil cole, big daddy, sly cooper, and drake has the dart gun thing. Sackboy isn't OP, people just don't play against him the way the should. When I join a game with a sackboy, he's always the one person I harass the most, because I know the other 2 guys MOST likely are just gonna sit there and let him hit them with the cake..
Message 49 of 74 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Nov 28, 2012
Really? We're at this again? Sackboy is a good character. Fight a sackboy one on one and you'll see how balanced it is. Geez people!
Message 50 of 74 (224 Views)
0 Likes