Wastelander
810 posts

Re: Sackboy needs nerfed asap

Nov 27, 2012
getting to level 3 in the dojo is pretty hard because no one ignore you there.
I've never seen anyone dodge radecs level 3. His guns can fire off pretty rapidly.
Sackboy doesn't get AP during his level 3. He can get it afterwards when his ap meter has reset, but everyone has access to his ap bubbles just like everyone has access the ap dropped by rappa's stereo.
Message 31 of 74 (273 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Nov 27, 2012
dude, no...just cause you aren't smart enough/too lazy to figure out strategies to combat Sackboy DOES NOT mean he should be nerfed...he's perfect now, if you nerf him, he will be absolutely useless
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 32 of 74 (270 Views)
Survivor
2456 posts

Nov 27, 2012
People complaining that sackboy gets ap and items from his super. It's not like its THAT much ap, and if you go for all the ap then you miss out on the kills. And Good Cole's level 3 also drops items aswell. In case you didn't know.
Message 33 of 74 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Nov 28, 2012
Oh god people are basing this off FFA. Do you know how easy it is to get in on Sackboy in 1v1. Yes I main Sackboy but it is a bit of a problem trying to keep a very skilled PaRappa off of you. Since I spent hours and hours with him in the training move I basically know how to counter every move with him, but in tourneys if he is nerfed he will be crappier in 1v1 than he is now. I will give it some time till people figure out how to beat him, since there is always complaints about someone in fighting games before people figure out how to beat them. This is one week after release, I would give it some time.
Message 34 of 74 (247 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Nov 28, 2012

CatatonicAlex wrote:
getting to level 3 in the dojo is pretty hard because no one ignore you there.
I've never seen anyone dodge radecs level 3. His guns can fire off pretty rapidly.
Sackboy doesn't get AP during his level 3. He can get it afterwards when his ap meter has reset, but everyone has access to his ap bubbles just like everyone has access the ap dropped by rappa's stereo.

So thats why he ended up with a 11-10 kill death ratio? It was ridiculous. In a small space like that, the cake landed a hit on someone almost every time. All he did was the cake and such combo and the body slam when someone got in close before he ran away to spam on the other side. One person even left before his first level three (hence the amount of kills being lower than it could). He got two of those off. He also had a couple level twos and a number of level ones. This is with him doing really just the spam and run.

Message 35 of 74 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Nov 28, 2012

cobbys2012ps wrote:
Hit the pad. I usually use ratchets buzz blades. But here's the problem: you need legit skill yo beat sackboy. But you don't need ANY skill to win with him. I would know. My sackboy is as douchie as any.

^X100000000000000000000!

Seriously, they should've tested Sackboy better. I'm all for him being a beast but right now he's broken as HELL! Not only does he gain AP way too easily, his freakin electric trap literally has no cast time on it. It's the FASTEST trap with the WIDEST range, and it isn't as easily destroyable as Coles', Sweet Tooth's, and Sly's traps. Also why does his cake hit you after it lands/sticks to something? In LBP2 it was used as a stool after that...that's what it should be here...not free AP and knock back. I won't even go into how broken his LV 3 is....all I will ask is WHY DOES IT ALWAYS SPAWN YOU ON THE FLOOR NO MATTER IF YOU'RE IN THE AIR ON ACTIVATION OR NOT?! Sackboy makes the beta version of Sly look like a pansy. That's how OP he is.

And while they're at it....FIX KRATOS'S FORWARD SQUARE ATTACK! The dang thing shouldn't home in on someone. We've been saying this since the dang beta.

Message 36 of 74 (228 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

@ O-EXTRA

Just no...Sackboy is horrible at close range and aside from the cake his projectiles are too slow to use at range in 1vs1...

Message 37 of 74 (223 Views)
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

Sackboy doesn't need any nerfs. Sackboy seems overly strong because he has a distinct advantage in FFA while being pretty balanced 1v1. Unfortunately FFA is the most popular ranked gametype so the complaining won't stop until they (hopefully don't) do something to Sackboy or include a ranked 1v1 ladder. I'll always try to combat a Sackboy the best I can, but I'm not going to beat myself up too bad if it wins in FFA.

Message 38 of 74 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Neptunes78 wrote:
Dude, I said my joke but all kiddin aside. This game isn't balanced at all. Since this is about Sackboy my problems are this. He gets in a corner sets a fan and the electric pad throws those balls you try to get to him but you have to make it through the cake mine field and the other characters. Once you get to him your either electrocuted, bounced back, body slammed or comboed to the other side of the screen. Also because of his short stature some attacks go right over his head. Others think this is acceptable because he's a "keep away" character. Well I main Radec who is supposed to be the same type, but doesn't have the devices that he has nor the AP build. Sacks can get 2 level 3s only other character that can do that is Kratos.

^Yup this is 100% true. I knew there would be Sackboy user's on here trying to defend him but compare Radec to Sackboy and tell me who has the greater advantage over characters? As Radec you actually have to WORK to get away from people or knock them away from you. As Sackboy, you spam the trap, then either cakeinator or combo.

Let this be known....NO far/mid range character should be able to compete with a close range character AT CLOSE RANGE (and vice versa). Right now Sackboy is the only range character that has beast far/mid range AND close range combat. Heck he's the only character that has both great close and far range PERIOD! This is the main reason why he's OP.

Message 39 of 74 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Nov 28, 2012
NO SACKBOY SHOULD NOT BE NERFED! HE IS PERFECT THE WAY HE IS! HE NEEDS TO GAIN THAT MUCH AP BECAUSE HE IS ABSOLUTELY USELESS IN CLOSE RANGE! JUST SHUT UP AND GET BETTER AT THE GAME, LEARN STRATEGIES TO COMBAT SACKBOY PLAYERS, NOT THAT HARD!
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 40 of 74 (209 Views)
0 Likes