I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Re: Sackboy needs nerfed asap

Nov 27, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:
wait wait wait, a spamming sly is complaining about a spamming sackboy?

You know sackboy's gotta be over powered then.

Also, that's ridiculous. You assume highly ranked Sly's are automatically spammers

Message 11 of 74 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
810 posts

Nov 27, 2012
You actually need "skills" for every character in this game.
I can easily get away with 0-1 deaths in every match.
I'm just waiting for them to fix the pre-order dlc so I can play with Toro.
Message 12 of 74 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
253 posts

Nov 27, 2012
Yeah, just continue talking about Sackboy. So everyone knows his potential.
Next week: 4 Sackboy matches.
Message 13 of 74 (322 Views)
Wastelander
810 posts

Nov 27, 2012

Multi-sack matches are always fun. It's hard to hit level 3 because no one is ignoring you and cakes/jelly are flying all over the screen. Smiley Tongue

Message 14 of 74 (318 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Nov 27, 2012

Well, I am currently second in the world by using sackboy, (let the hate come ._.) but he DOES require skill to use. Anyone who wants to get to the point that I am needs to fully utilize all of its powers. However, every character has a good way to counter him. If you use Sly, I would recommend the barrel obviously since it just launches his stuff back at him. Does sackboy need a nerf? Probably. But he's not unstoppable by any means. Maybe bring his cake and ball down to 20 AP from 25, and he might be a lot more fair and difficult to use. Really he's bad against Drake, Radec, Sir Daniel, (this is a 'lawlwut?' character, but his shield does quite a bit) and really any Cole that spams grenades. Any range has a good matchup against the mid-range Sackboy. You, all the other sly users, Kratos, and most of the close range users will always have it rough against a Sackboy since he matches up well against them. I am sick of people thinking he is just a god character. He isn't. Any character can beat him. You just need the reflexes.

~Four-Leef-Clover

Message 15 of 74 (317 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Nov 27, 2012
When you have all 3 players actually chasing you down you do need to be able to get them off you, what people are misinterperating is the fact that Sackboy players are only winning because everyone ignores them while they take opportunities by attacking the other players who are fighting it out in a group and ignoring him. This is the same thing that happens whenever Kratos or Raiden just walk up and launch all 3 players for a combo, taking opportunites.

1vs1 Sackboy requires a lot of effort to get the opponent away from him since he's the only target but in FFA he's often ignored.
Message 16 of 74 (317 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Nov 27, 2012

Four-Leef-Clover wrote:

Well, I am currently second in the world by using sackboy, (let the hate come ._.) but he DOES require skill to use. Anyone who wants to get to the point that I am needs to fully utilize all of its powers. However, every character has a good way to counter him. If you use Sly, I would recommend the barrel obviously since it just launches his stuff back at him. Does sackboy need a nerf? Probably. But he's not unstoppable by any means. Maybe bring his cake and ball down to 20 AP from 25, and he might be a lot more fair and difficult to use. Really he's bad against Drake, Radec, Sir Daniel, (this is a 'lawlwut?' character, but his shield does quite a bit) and really any Cole that spams grenades. Any range has a good matchup against the mid-range Sackboy. You, all the other sly users, Kratos, and most of the close range users will always have it rough against a Sackboy since he matches up well against them. I am sick of people thinking he is just a god character. He isn't. Any character can beat him. You just need the reflexes.

~Four-Leef-Clover

I'd say his level 3 needs to either allow respawned players to no be in bubbles, or for it to have a shorter time. The last several times I've seen it, they've managed to get 7 kills, which is riculous.

Message 17 of 74 (313 Views)
Wastelander
810 posts

Nov 27, 2012

I don't know how to quote... but IT'S NOT UNCOMMON TO GET SEVEN KILLS WITH A NON-CUTSCENE LEVEL 3. 

It's a level 3 for a reason. 

4-6 kills is the norm. 

Message 18 of 74 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Nov 27, 2012

wow im pretty embarassed lol. i didnt know that the electric ball will destroy the pad, very helpful tip and i cant wait to try it

but the 1 person that said sly's lvl 3 can easily get 6 kills i dont agree with since people always dodge Smiley Sad

which is 1 thing that sly has a disadvantage of against super is that he can only teleport or be invisible

Message 19 of 74 (302 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2012

Message 20 of 74 (302 Views)
0 Likes