Mar 31 2013
By: KiDMachTwo Wastelander 579 posts

Sackboy mains!

25 replies 179 views Edited Mar 31, 2013
So I started playing Sackboy. and yeah hes super underpowered, contrary to what I said in another thread. But I love his moveset, and he's crazy fun to play.

Anyone got some good practical combos / strategies I can use in FFA?
PSN: SlyZoneCooper
Mains: Big Daddy, Sweet Tooth
Learning: Ratchet, Sir Daniel
Message 1 of 26 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Re: Sackboy mains!

[ Edited ]
Mar 31, 2013

side triangle (barley above ground) down circle, neutral square, neutral square , up square, side triangle, neutral circle..... side triangle (barley above ground) down circle, neutral square, neutral square , down square.... Up grab (walk under) up square, up square, down square..... and if you are getting good... on PS1 place a teleporter at the end of the stage, then go to the opposite side, use you down square to knock the player to the other side hitting the wall, mean wile, jumping and using neutral square to but them back against the wall, then use ur teleporter and use down square.. (only have down that once in 1v1) it is extremely hard!

Frist to find Sackboy's, Zeus level 3 glitch!
Message 2 of 26 (164 Views)
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

Mar 31, 2013

air forward triangle, neutral square x2, up square, Air forward triangle, air neutral square. Learn it, Master it. You should be good brotha :smileywink:

Message 3 of 26 (161 Views)
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Mar 31, 2013
^^^ already mentioned it.. :smileywink:
Message 4 of 26 (158 Views)
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

Mar 31, 2013

pochii29 wrote:
^^^ already mentioned it.. :smileywink:

Yeap. I figured someone else was gonna beat me to it but there were no responses yet and I just couldn't leave the guy hanging. :smileyhappy:

Message 5 of 26 (156 Views)
Wastelander
579 posts

Mar 31, 2013
Awesome combos! I've noticed neutral square x2 then up square doesn't always connect with some characters. So I think for those I'm gonna do air forward triangle, down circle, neutral square x2, neutral square x2, then jump and either do over triangle or neutral circle.

So jam session has no combo potential? Is it simply for zoning?

I've learned I can easily sit behind a fan and electric trap, and unleash a barrage of cakes and jam, and if things get too tricky or I'm getting closed in on, bust out some combos for some good ap gain until I can get to a better position.

I hardly ever use up triangle or the bounce pad. Is that a problem?
Message 6 of 26 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Mar 31, 2013
bounce bad? as in up triangle? you should use it more often..
Message 7 of 26 (142 Views)
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 31, 2013

KiDMachTwo wrote:
Awesome combos! I've noticed neutral square x2 then up square doesn't always connect with some characters. So I think for those I'm gonna do air forward triangle, down circle, neutral square x2, neutral square x2, then jump and either do over triangle or neutral circle.

So jam session has no combo potential? Is it simply for zoning?

I've learned I can easily sit behind a fan and electric trap, and unleash a barrage of cakes and jam, and if things get too tricky or I'm getting closed in on, bust out some combos for some good ap gain until I can get to a better position.

I hardly ever use up triangle or the bounce pad. Is that a problem?

the up triangle is rarely used by me and I hardly use the bounce pad now that its been nerfed unless in tight situations or if i want to get someone off my *ahem* sack. :smileywink:

Message 8 of 26 (140 Views)
Wastelander
579 posts

Mar 31, 2013
I think bounce pad is up circle. And what for? The only time I ever use it is if I've got a guy dashing for me. I can throw it down and either he gets caught and messes up, or I use it to bounce out if there.
Message 9 of 26 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
579 posts

Mar 31, 2013
These are all really great tips, guys, thanks for the feedback!

While under powered, I feel Sackboy has a lot of untapped potential.
Message 10 of 26 (136 Views)
0 Likes