Jul 27 2012
By: psychoticmantis Wastelander 609 posts

Sackboy could be one of the most Unique and Hilarious characters in this game.

14 replies 249 views Edited Jul 27, 2012

and in any game for that matter, I'd call his fighting style "Slow Ranged". Even though it would kinda be a combination of Radec & Fat Princesses stlye, it's still kind of an unseen. 

At first I thought, it would be a good Idea to use his changing costumes in an affect that would change his powers/abilities, but that's kinda unfaithful to the actual gameplay of the franchise, plus toro kinda already does that.

So, of coure we have the grappling hook, and we have the grabinator, and many things can be done with those, but here's where Sackboy gets really interesting the creatinator watch particularly at the 0:33 mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFSC27hIX1g

That's a LBP enemy, LBP enemies are very unique in the way they operate. They behave like mechanical toys, but they have these like bubbles that if popped they're destroyed for example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49JvsNu0zJQ

That was a very basic enemy, they get better, they have ninjas that hop around with spikes under them that try to land on you, they have big contraptions that have electric feelers, crazy zombies on fire even sharks, imagine shooting these sharks onto the fighting stage starts at 1:00 mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ftib7oiwLEQ

So my description of Sackboys fighting style, would be a character that can't do much up close, but uses the creatinator to shoot out these slow, trotting rinky dink enemies that vanish after awhile, but you can also pop there bubbles to get rid of them.

P.S. the creatinator also comes in a handgun design if you're not fond of the helmet style.

Message 1 of 15 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Re: Sackboy could be one of the most Unique and Hilarious characters in this game.

Jul 27, 2012
Pretty interesting idea. However, I think if that was his main ability, he'd be a bit too weak. If that was a lesser move, it'd be awesome, but if it's his main thing, I'm not sure. Very cool concept, though.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 2 of 15 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2383 posts

Re: Sackboy could be one of the most Unique and Hilarious characters in this game.

Jul 27, 2012

what about things like the paitinator. he could also use stickers and slap people

Monkey D. Luffy (one piece) "I'm the man who's going to be the Pirate King!"
Guts (berserk) " I've never expected a miracle. I will get things done myself. "
Message 3 of 15 (235 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1060 posts

Jul 27, 2012

Sackboy vs Kratos (Sackratos skin original and alternative)

asdasdasdasdasdasd

Message 4 of 15 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Jul 27, 2012
Heres my Sackboy moveset, I feel it captures his essence well, just scroll down a little till you see jdude1996a and tell me what you think Smiley Happy
http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2011/12/16/title-fight-update-paul-gale-network-brings-your-voices-t...
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 5 of 15 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
609 posts

Jul 27, 2012

@Divine

Yeah, I totally understand what you're saying, but if his level 1 or 2 was shooting out that huge shark, that would be so hilarious to me and pretty formidible at the same time, it would hop around a little bit until it just dies lol.

Message 6 of 15 (207 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jul 27, 2012
Oh, you meant that as a Super? Okay, I can fully agree. That'd be awesome. I thought you were just talking about it as most of his moveset being different versions of Sackboy using the Creatinator. I gotcha now. I definitely want to see something where Sackboy, instead of simply killing his enemies, turns them into Stickers briefly. Maybe make that his lvl3 if it's a cinematic lvl3? I'd love that.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 7 of 15 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Jul 27, 2012
Sure it would be funny but a bit weird since the shark was created by someone in the community, not by the actually developers.
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 8 of 15 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1466 posts

Jul 27, 2012
His super should be:

He turns into a giant version of himself, and all other characters turn into their sack-equivalents. Then, Giant Sackboy, with his big smile, can simply KO by walking/jumping on enemies.
Message 9 of 15 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
846 posts

Jul 27, 2012

mtjjrstccw1 wrote:
Sure it would be funny but a bit weird since the shark was created by someone in the community, not by the actually developers.

Isn't this the point of LBP?

Message 10 of 15 (185 Views)