Fender Bender
2516 posts

Re: Sackboy SHOULD NOT be nerfed

Nov 29, 2012

LX_Theo wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

Hi, I don't play Sackboy. I play Nariko and Big Daddy. You know how easy it is for Nariko to win in an FFA? If she's fighting people who know how to play she gets smacked down quite a lot, but against someone easy like a spammer I use her abilities to my advantage. That's how you play the game; by learning your character.

If you take out Sackboy's best move, the cake, which by the way is quite easy to get past if you have patience and concentration, you pretty much nullify the only reason to use him. Yeah I said that its his best move. And yeah I say most of you are probably crap. You wanna know why I say that?

Because if 'I' can get past it, 'you' can get past it. Its a matter of 'trying'. Wesker is ridiculously more OP than Sackboy is, and since people can get past him its safe to say you can get past anything.

The difference here is I'm not whining to get a character nerfed to make things easier for me.

I don't even want Nariko's stuff buffed. I don't even think Big Daddy needs buffs. In fact, the game's balance is actually quite good. Its only a WEEK into the games release; give the game some time before opening your mouth to spew nonsense about who's 'broken'.

Saying you can do it means every can do it, or is willing to put the effort in to figure out how to do it, is ignorant of reality.

Oh no, the thing is, if they aren't willing to put in the effort, they shouldn't be playing the game. Ever heard of Street Fighter?

Message 81 of 100 (66 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Nov 29, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

LX_Theo wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

Hi, I don't play Sackboy. I play Nariko and Big Daddy. You know how easy it is for Nariko to win in an FFA? If she's fighting people who know how to play she gets smacked down quite a lot, but against someone easy like a spammer I use her abilities to my advantage. That's how you play the game; by learning your character.

If you take out Sackboy's best move, the cake, which by the way is quite easy to get past if you have patience and concentration, you pretty much nullify the only reason to use him. Yeah I said that its his best move. And yeah I say most of you are probably crap. You wanna know why I say that?

Because if 'I' can get past it, 'you' can get past it. Its a matter of 'trying'. Wesker is ridiculously more OP than Sackboy is, and since people can get past him its safe to say you can get past anything.

The difference here is I'm not whining to get a character nerfed to make things easier for me.

I don't even want Nariko's stuff buffed. I don't even think Big Daddy needs buffs. In fact, the game's balance is actually quite good. Its only a WEEK into the games release; give the game some time before opening your mouth to spew nonsense about who's 'broken'.

Saying you can do it means every can do it, or is willing to put the effort in to figure out how to do it, is ignorant of reality.

Oh no, the thing is, if they aren't willing to put in the effort, they shouldn't be playing the game. Ever heard of Street Fighter?

No accessibility makes the Playstation mash up part of the game worthless. Might as well made an original property.

Message 82 of 100 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9807 posts

Nov 29, 2012
If sackboy wasn't OP then he wouldn't be able to get supers faster than everyone else, he would have huge AP gain and he wouldn't be as spam friendly. It's common sense.

Hell, the other day I got the character change bug and was sackboy... I instantly found out how to lay my electric trap but was spending a huge chunk of the match trying to learn how to throw cake and gum and use the fan... I was trying to set up a bunker like all the other sackdouches do and I ended up getting a level 3 and disconnecting from the match around my second level 2.

I mean, when someone can just get a character they've never used before and come out on top of the match with people in your face trying to stop you from spamming and you learning how to spam for most of the match and yet you STILL accomplish the end goal... that doesn't strike anyone as odd?

no I bet it's just "derp you dem gets dem bad doods to play as dem wif LOL derp derp"
Message 83 of 100 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Accessibility is good if you're not playing online. If you're playing in Ranked, which I remind you is Competitive, people will find a way around it. If they're playing casually, they should play with friends and not with people meaning to actually 'compete'.

See how this works? You're saying, nerf this character because some people are abusing one move. Once that move is gone, he doesn't really have much else to work with. Combos? The guy is a keep-away character, not a brawler. He has the cake to be able to stick onto platforms and trick people. People spam them because they're dumb and don't know how to use them properly.

Because there are a lot of stupid people online, the first few weeks will, in fact, have them up on the leaderboards. PEOPLE ARE STILL LEARNING THE GAME. Give it at least two or three months, tops, before whining.

Message 84 of 100 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Nov 29, 2012
All that is needed is a tad-bit shorter level 3 so that he can only get 4 kills most.
Message 85 of 100 (59 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Nov 29, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Accessibility is good if you're not playing online. If you're playing in Ranked, which I remind you is Competitive, people will find a way around it. If they're playing casually, they should play with friends and not with people meaning to actually 'compete'.

See how this works? You're saying, nerf this character because some people are abusing one move. Once that move is gone, he doesn't really have much else to work with. Combos? The guy is a keep-away character, not a brawler. He has the cake to be able to stick onto platforms and trick people. People spam them because they're dumb and don't know how to use them properly.

Because there are a lot of stupid people online, the first few weeks will, in fact, have them up on the leaderboards. PEOPLE ARE STILL LEARNING THE GAME. Give it at least two or three months, tops, before whining.

It happens everywhere, not just ranked. Not to mention there are BLACKBELTS that do it. 

He has plenty of melee capability despite you claiming otherwise. He has more keep away moves than just the cakinator, and ca lot can be used very effectively by skilled players. Hell, I just faced a really good Sackboy earlier who used the attack twice in the entire match.

You know what fix I put forward to it? I said after using it two or three times in a row, the AP gain is cut in half until you use another move. It doesn't even nerf the move. It nerfs the spamming of the move. How is that so horrible to you?

And guess what? It doesn't matter if people learn it in time, because people will get frustrated and leave before they actually learn it. Being unwilling to make any sort of compromise is idiotic.

Message 86 of 100 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Nov 29, 2012

His level three should be nerfed. That's it

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Patches the Hyena (Dark/Demon's Souls) for All-Stars! His level three could have the player leave the match, enter a random match, and get one-hit-one-kill's on everybody! xD
Message 87 of 100 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9807 posts

Nov 29, 2012

LX_Theo wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

It happens everywhere, not just ranked. Not to mention there are BLACKBELTS that do it. 

He has plenty of melee capability despite you claiming otherwise. He has more keep away moves than just the cakinator, and ca lot can be used very effectively by skilled players. Hell, I just faced a really good Sackboy earlier who used the attack twice in the entire match.

You know what fix I put forward to it? I said after using it two or three times in a row, the AP gain is cut in half until you use another move. It doesn't even nerf the move. It nerfs the spamming of the move. How is that so horrible to you?

And guess what? It doesn't matter if people learn it in time, because people will get frustrated and leave before they actually learn it. Being unwilling to make any sort of compromise is idiotic.

No no no theo, clearly we're just dumb

See the only way to use sackboy is to spam the cake over and over and over again and we should just ignore the fact that so many people (especially blackbelts) like to take advantage of this broken mechanic.  Whether it be sackboy or any other character.

No clearly since Marrow is "so good she/he never dies to anything unfair" and clearly "no one else is as good as him/her" we should all just "get good" no, we shouldn't patch the game we should just leave it a laughable pile of spamfest.  

Message 88 of 100 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 29, 2012

XxNo0b_H8rxX wrote:

His level three should be nerfed. That's it

This.

I agree that the amount of people he can get is a bit unneccesary. His other Supers, namely even 2 are completely useless when they're really not in good situations. Nerfing his cake means buffing his other moves, by the way.

Message 89 of 100 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

LX_Theo wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

No no no theo, clearly we're just dumb

See the only way to use sackboy is to spam the cake over and over and over again and we should just ignore the fact that so many people (especially blackbelts) like to take advantage of this broken mechanic.  Whether it be sackboy or any other character.

No clearly since Marrow is "so good she/he never dies to anything unfair" and clearly "no one else is as good as him/her" we should all just "get good" no, we shouldn't patch the game we should just leave it a laughable pile of spamfest.  

Oh no, I die to it sometimes. I know I lose.

BUT I THEN LEARN MY OWN MISTAKES AND GET PAST IT NEXT TIME.

Bam.

Tourney logic.

Message 90 of 100 (41 Views)
0 Likes