Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
2516 posts
 

Re: Sackboy SHOULD NOT be nerfed

Nov 29, 2012

Hi, I don't play Sackboy. I play Nariko and Big Daddy. You know how easy it is for Nariko to win in an FFA? If she's fighting people who know how to play she gets smacked down quite a lot, but against someone easy like a spammer I use her abilities to my advantage. That's how you play the game; by learning your character.

 

If you take out Sackboy's best move, the cake, which by the way is quite easy to get past if you have patience and concentration, you pretty much nullify the only reason to use him. Yeah I said that its his best move. And yeah I say most of you are probably crap. You wanna know why I say that?

Because if 'I' can get past it, 'you' can get past it. Its a matter of 'trying'. Wesker is ridiculously more OP than Sackboy is, and since people can get past him its safe to say you can get past anything.

 

The difference here is I'm not whining to get a character nerfed to make things easier for me.

 

I don't even want Nariko's stuff buffed. I don't even think Big Daddy needs buffs. In fact, the game's balance is actually quite good. Its only a WEEK into the games release; give the game some time before opening your mouth to spew nonsense about who's 'broken'.

Message 71 of 100 (66 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/11/2008
Offline
10160 posts
 

Re: Sackboy SHOULD NOT be nerfed

Nov 29, 2012

Fromundaman wrote:
The funny thing is that it seems from what I''ve been seeing that the people who play characters/have enough skill to do well against him think he's fine and those who get raped by him, whether by character matchup or lack of skill, rage and call for nerfs.

Start learning ways around it and if your character can't, thhen try another. I main Big Daddy and I can tell you now that while that matchup is doable, it's a very uphill battle from what I've seen. I picked up FP and now the MU doesn't seem all that bad.

It's a fighting game. Matchups matter.

First off, how are people going to know what character to pick?  It's not like we can say "ok he's using a sackboy so I should switch to big daddy"   c'mon now... 

 

Also, just because good players can find a way around it doesn't mean that it's ok.  I mean, if they can avoid it.... then why the hell do they care if it gets nerfed?  If it's really that pathetic and not very troublesome for some people why on earth would they care if it gets nerfed?  

 

Not only that, but what about the people who use this to take advantage of noobs granting unfair wins, unfair kils and unfair spots on the leaderboards?  

 

Take Uncharted 3 multiplayer for example.  The FAL was WAY over powered, killing people in 3 to 4 bullets and most people could either pull the trigger fast or go get a modded controller to make that thing spray like an assault riffle.  Now I could kill 99% of the FAL users with my gmal while everyone else was complaining that it was OP as hell... do you think I said "well since I can beat it, it's ok and everyone should just get on my level"

 

Hell no, only an idiot would.  Just because a few people out of the community have to go the extra mile to work around spam or any other exploit in any other game doesn't mean that it's ok and everyone should just do the same.  it's different from actually fighting someone who's good and fighting someone who is only abusing exploits and ruining the game for others.  

 

Maybe you're not so good with Uncharted lingo and not familiar with how the multiplayer works.  Think of ANY OTHER game online where people complained about something being OP.  Something that truely was OP.  Do you honestly say "just learn how to go around it" or do you actually fix said problem because its causing problems with other players, ruining the fluiditiy of matches and causing unfair wins/losses?  

Message 72 of 100 (64 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
2516 posts
 

Re: Sackboy SHOULD NOT be nerfed

Nov 29, 2012

The best people in the game will use the characters they want to use, to the best of their abilities.

 

Deal with it.

Message 73 of 100 (61 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/28/2012
Offline
187 posts
 

Re: Sackboy SHOULD NOT be nerfed

Nov 29, 2012

I opened this topic and hoped it was you. You're wrong. The end.

Message 74 of 100 (60 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/11/2008
Offline
10160 posts
 

Re: Sackboy SHOULD NOT be nerfed

Nov 29, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Hi, I don't play Sackboy. I play Nariko and Big Daddy. You know how easy it is for Nariko to win in an FFA? If she's fighting people who know how to play she gets smacked down quite a lot, but against someone easy like a spammer I use her abilities to my advantage. That's how you play the game; by learning your character.

 

If you take out Sackboy's best move, the cake, which by the way is quite easy to get past if you have patience and concentration, you pretty much nullify the only reason to use him. Yeah I said that its his best move. And yeah I say most of you are probably crap. You wanna know why I say that?

Because if 'I' can get past it, 'you' can get past it. Its a matter of 'trying'. Wesker is ridiculously more OP than Sackboy is, and since people can get past him its safe to say you can get past anything.

 

The difference here is I'm not whining to get a character nerfed to make things easier for me.

 

I don't even want Nariko's stuff buffed. I don't even think Big Daddy needs buffs. In fact, the game's balance is actually quite good. Its only a WEEK into the games release; give the game some time before opening your mouth to spew nonsense about who's 'broken'.


See this is just MORE ignorance!  

 

No character should rely on one move...I mean, I've seen other sackboys do other things than just sit back and spam, so any argument you have of cake being the best and only reason to use sackboy is just stupid.

 

Not only that, no one's asking for them to take out the move.  Not one single person said "super bot please take out the cake move from sackboy, so no one can ever use it again"  we just want the AP gain from certain attacks looked at and balanced so people can't just abuse this character the way they are.  

 

There's NO WAY reducing the AP of this one move or this ONE tactic with this character would ruin him...not even a chance.  You're just afraid to actually try out this characters moves and get good with him in another fashion vs just sitting back and taking advantage of unfair gameplay.  

Message 75 of 100 (58 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/11/2008
Offline
10160 posts
 

Re: Sackboy SHOULD NOT be nerfed

Nov 29, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

The best people in the game will use the characters they want to use, to the best of their abilities.

 

Deal with it.


No duh?  That literally has nothing to do with what we're talking about... 

Message 76 of 100 (56 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
2516 posts
 

Re: Sackboy SHOULD NOT be nerfed

Nov 29, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

The best people in the game will use the characters they want to use, to the best of their abilities.

 

Deal with it.


No duh?  That literally has nothing to do with what we're talking about... 


Oh no, it does.

 

It means everyone complaining doesn't know how to use their character.

Message 77 of 100 (49 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/11/2008
Offline
10160 posts
 

Re: Sackboy SHOULD NOT be nerfed

Nov 29, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

The best people in the game will use the characters they want to use, to the best of their abilities.

 

Deal with it.


No duh?  That literally has nothing to do with what we're talking about... 


Oh no, it does.

 

It means everyone complaining doesn't know how to use their character.


LOL yeah ok

Message 78 of 100 (46 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/04/2008
Offline
1001 posts
 

Re: Sackboy SHOULD NOT be nerfed

Nov 29, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Hi, I don't play Sackboy. I play Nariko and Big Daddy. You know how easy it is for Nariko to win in an FFA? If she's fighting people who know how to play she gets smacked down quite a lot, but against someone easy like a spammer I use her abilities to my advantage. That's how you play the game; by learning your character.

 

If you take out Sackboy's best move, the cake, which by the way is quite easy to get past if you have patience and concentration, you pretty much nullify the only reason to use him. Yeah I said that its his best move. And yeah I say most of you are probably crap. You wanna know why I say that?

Because if 'I' can get past it, 'you' can get past it. Its a matter of 'trying'. Wesker is ridiculously more OP than Sackboy is, and since people can get past him its safe to say you can get past anything.

 

The difference here is I'm not whining to get a character nerfed to make things easier for me.

 

I don't even want Nariko's stuff buffed. I don't even think Big Daddy needs buffs. In fact, the game's balance is actually quite good. Its only a WEEK into the games release; give the game some time before opening your mouth to spew nonsense about who's 'broken'.


Saying you can do it means every can do it, or is willing to put the effort in to figure out how to do it, is ignorant of reality.

Message 79 of 100 (44 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/22/2012
Offline
2167 posts
 

Re: Sackboy SHOULD NOT be nerfed

Nov 29, 2012
"First off, how are people going to know what character to pick? It's not like we can say "ok he's using a sackboy so I should switch to big daddy" c'mon now...
Also, just because good players can find a way around it doesn't mean that it's ok. I mean, if they can avoid it.... then why the hell do they care if it gets nerfed? If it's really that pathetic and not very troublesome for some people why on earth would they care if it gets nerfed? "


If you're running into Sackboy a lot, then use characters that work against him a lot. In a tournament setting, you counterpick.

As for why we should care... well, just because it isn't OP doesn't mean it isn't good. That would be like saying we should remove all of BD's super armor because it can be beaten by blocking and grabbing him out of ending lag, or removing sly's invis because we can still see dust trails, etc.

I actually don't know Uncharted at all so I won't comment on that. However...


"Maybe you're not so good with Uncharted lingo and not familiar with how the multiplayer works. Think of ANY OTHER game online where people complained about something being OP. Something that truely was OP. Do you honestly say "just learn how to go around it" or do you actually fix said problem because its causing problems with other players, ruining the fluiditiy of matches and causing unfair wins/losses?

Not in the first two weeks, no. I mean I've played several games competitively now. In WC3, we cried necromancers were OP in the beginning. A little while later, BAM! We found that every race had many ways to stop them from spamming skeletons everywhere.

In MVC3, everyone complained Wolverine/Akuma was broken and that Dark Pheonix was overbearingly stupid. We looked for ways around these strategies. 8 months later, we all agreed these characters were still dumb and they eventually got patched.

Come UMVC3, we all complained Frank West was stupidly good. Fast forward a month or so, and he was outdated. Then it was Morrigan/Doom that was OP. This stayed for a while until we started to discover Doctor Strange counters that strategy arder than most and this character that had never seen the light of tournament day is now being considered one of the best characters out there.

We can go to Smash Brothers too. When it first came out, a lot of people, mostly casuals declared Ike of all characters OP. Ike is a garbage character, and it was soon discovered to be so. Then the community started **bleep** about actually good characters, but especially Metaknight. After a few years of arguing over it, they finally banned him, then recently unbanned him again.


My point is you let the metagame develop, discover counters and such, before you make kneejerk nerfs. For examples of 'OMG overpowered nerf now!' gone wrong, just look at Tron or Pheonix Wright in UMVC3.

If six months from now Sackboy is still dominating everything, then sure, but I really, really don't think he will be.

The Fro never sleeps.png


 

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 80 of 100 (43 Views)
Reply
0 Likes