Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Re: Sackboy SHOULD NOT be nerfed

Nov 29, 2012

LX_Theo wrote:
Its a shock that that recovery time doesn't make a huge difference (or it does, and its stillt his bad).

His melee options are considerably effective even if you know how to use just that one bodyslam move effectively.

MarrowOchi, I don't care if your good or not, you're just being an *** because most people aren't good enough to play it perfectly just to fight an amateur Sackboy spammer let alone a good one.

Oh yeah, I actually am. Most of this forum is ridiculously stupid and has no idea how the tournament scene actually works. Nerfing characters after the first week is something Mortal Kombat did and died after the fifth or six in a year. Nobody takes that seriously anymore.

With time people will learn how to work around such things. If they don't, they don't have to play this online. Use it for parties. Heck, Smash Bros worked for parties and its online system was crap too.

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 100 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Nov 29, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

I rely a lot on that punch because it has a small startup charge and its really great against groups.

Second, I don't spam happy. Heck Evil Cole is just the third character I play. I could make an assortment list of what each and every character should do against spam. You want me to go do that on a new thread? Because I could.

It's not like I don't know what to do against spam.  It's not like no one knows what to do against spam.

The concept of the matter is, people are spamming their most useful attacks that give them the greatest rewards.  

I'm not going to go into the whole spam vs countering vs Op argument because that's not what we're talking about.

This thread is about sackboy being OP.  He DOES need to be nerfed and you can't argue against it.  You just can't.  Out of all of his moves, you can use 3 and get a level 3 that is better than everyone else's level 3 and not only that, you get it faster than everyone else too.  Hell, at least Kratos's level 3 you can dodge super easily... sackboy's you might as well just sit there and let him kill you.  

You can talk all you want about how good he is long range blah blah freakin blah, idc, he's not only a long range character, he has close range moves and a wide variety of them to help him out, and he has COMBOS... that's right he can use combos so that right there tells you that people are only playing with sackboy in this way because it's the cheapest, easiest and most beneficial way to do so, which granted with the effects of his long ranged attacks, and the amount of AP he gets and how powerful and how quickly he gets is level 3 means that he is infact OP and he definitely needs to be looked into.  

The thing I find funny is, if spam isn't a problem...and if so many people on these boards "don't use spam" why the HELL are there so many people willing to defend it to death?  "oh just get good" no, why don't we STOP letting blackbelts boost on low level noobs with spam, why don't we stop the unfair AP gain, and stop the unfair multiple activations of level 3s and have the game be a balanced and well oiled machine VS everyone picking a character they like and simplifying that character down to 2 or maybe even 3 moves that benefit them the most.  

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 100 (83 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Nov 29, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

LX_Theo wrote:
Its a shock that that recovery time doesn't make a huge difference (or it does, and its stillt his bad).

His melee options are considerably effective even if you know how to use just that one bodyslam move effectively.

MarrowOchi, I don't care if your good or not, you're just being an *** because most people aren't good enough to play it perfectly just to fight an amateur Sackboy spammer let alone a good one.

Oh yeah, I actually am. Most of this forum is ridiculously stupid and has no idea how the tournament scene actually works. Nerfing characters after the first week is something Mortal Kombat did and died after the fifth or six in a year. Nobody takes that seriously anymore.

With time people will learn how to work around such things. If they don't, they don't have to play this online. Use it for parties. Heck, Smash Bros worked for parties and its online system was crap too.

Yes, the experienced players will. But this game needs to stand on its own. It needs to not take new people and throw them into a fire and hope they learn. Most people aren't asking for stuff like every spam and OP attack be nerfed, they are asking for the massively OPed spams to be toned down or have some method of penalizing spammers for those spams. Kratos's homing attack and the Cakinator are much more powerful than other spams, especially against people who are new and will be alienated from the game since online is one of the biggest selling poins here. 

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 100 (81 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Nov 29, 2012
**bleep** sackboy has one of the best short range combos in the game

With electric pad, has possibly the fastest 150 AP combo (literally ends like in 2~3 seconds).

His level 3 needs a nerf. I don't wanna spawn back in as a bubble after I die lol

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 100 (72 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6393 posts

Nov 29, 2012
Just put an anti spam system, where the more you spam, the less ap gain you get, and lets say after 3-4 times using it in a row. This works for any character, not just Sackboy. Now the reason I don't want him nerfed is because it would mess up a lot of my combos. I learned a whole bunch with him, including trap based and situational, but nerfing him would ruin him (at least for me). And really, the panel can be destroyed by any character, and his cake is easy to dodge. I use it as more of a trap since I play a lot of 1v1 and players can easily dodge it. Don't go classifying every Sackboy player as a spammer.
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 100 (62 Views)
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 29, 2012

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/The-Sackboy-Workaround-Thread/m-...

Making things easier for little kids isn't going to help this game's tourney scene.

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 100 (60 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5355 posts

Nov 29, 2012
i never said he'd be unplayable...I never said its the only attack he has, i said it's a vital one of his attacks, it can be used strategically (without spamming) and is 1 of his fastest ejecting attack
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 100 (55 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Nov 29, 2012

mtjjrstccw1 wrote:
i never said he'd be unplayable...I never said its the only attack he has, i said it's a vital one of his attacks, it can be used strategically (without spamming) and is 1 of his fastest ejecting attack

You said he;d become so bad no one would play him.

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 100 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5355 posts

Nov 29, 2012
Marrow, Ginta...at least you guys understand
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 100 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 29, 2012

LX_Theo wrote:

mtjjrstccw1 wrote:

You said he;d become so bad no one would play him.

Honestly, he would. Without his cakes what else does he have that would make people choose him over someone else?

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 100 (46 Views)
0 Likes